Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSARDOMS TEASER - The Roman Coronation Script

SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes

Default TSARDOMS TEASER - The Roman Coronation Script

Until the time comes for the next official preview, I thought it might be good to give you something, so you can relax and enjoy a little. So, this is my latest achievement for Tsardoms Total War: A brand new script that will completely differentiate and revolutionize the succession between faction leaders and heirs during the gameplay. Crowning your newly acclaimed faction leaders, won’t be just decorative but a necessity and an act of utmost importance. If your faction leader remains uncrowned, be sure to expect unrest, rebellious tendencies, desertions, and things might get even worse. For the announcement part, I used a BBB crown ancillary, but I further complicated and elaborated the whole event, in order to get more pompous and realistic. Similar scripts will be implemented for every faction. But, enough about that, it’s time for you to see that script!

Roman Coronation Script

ecoming a faction leader in the age of Tsardoms Total War does not mean anything by itself. The former Emperor, God rest his soul, has passed away, but this does not mean that your rule has been unanimously accepted. Even if our deceased Basileus had appointed you Symbasileus (co-Emperor and Heir to the throne), this title does not mean anything anymore. You have been merely acclaimed as an Emperor by your armies, and this, in our turbulent world is not enough. Your enemies lurk all around, carefully making their cunning plans for your overthrowing. As time passes, they are steadily escaping your grasp, and their loyalty to you continues to diminish. Furthermore, our subjects, seeing that there is no one to guaranty their safety and their prosperity, begin to worry, causing civil unrest all over our Empire. What is necessary for the establishment of your rule, is to have the approval of the Roman Senate, of the people of Constantinople, and of our most Sacred Church*. Therefore, you must travel all the way back to the Queen of Cities - the Basileuousa Konstantinoupolis - in order to be crowned in the Hagia Sophia as the "Faithful in Christ God Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans" by his All Holiness The Ecumenical Patriarch and Archbishop of Constantinople - New Rome, with the acceptance of the Senate and of the People. Then, and only then, will your rule be unquestioned and unchallenged. If you postpone this journey, foolishly feeling secure about your control over the Empire, you will risk your enemies growing stronger, your friends becoming weaker, and minor rebellious acts evolving into a full blown civil war.

* Being a Catholic, the Church will not accept to dub you Emperor, as this title can be given only to the Protector of the True Faith

Please, see the video in high quality, full screen and with the volume turned up

Video description: i have applied this script, when the empire is unified again. But the same thing happens when a faction heir becomes faction leader. The reason for doing this, is because i wanted to show you a bit from the map work we have done so far...

PS1: The church music pieces that you can hear in the video, are scripted specifically for the events. They are not simple background music. The regular secular and church music will be inserted later into the game, as it's being currently categorized by 2Shy. And it will later need an arrangement from our team.

PS2: You will not see it in the video, but there has been a new addition to the script for even more realistic gameplay (also thanks to Gigantus for his advice). From now on, in order
    for the Roman Emperor to be crowned in the capital, the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople is required to be present in Constantinople. Furthermore, he has to be inside the city one turn earlier than the Emperor, in order to prepare the Holy Oil in Hagia Sophia for the Annointment, and to prepare and arrange the ceremonies. Thus, he has to be inside the settlement for a whole turn before the ceremonies can begin. Then and only then, the coronation can take place.

Last edited by SpyrosM91; September 03, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: TSARDOMS TEASER - The Roman Coronation Script

Good work Spyros! Enjoyed the little tour of the empire too.

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Great work mate, +rep. Btw the music is also great.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

nice, thanks, +rep
    Înfrânt nu eşti atunci când sângeri,
    nici ochii când în lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele înfrângeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Simply awesome. You've done a great job, with the coronation and other things!.

Btw, just wondering, what's that blue Latin general outside Constantinople? And isn't Galata a separate town, under Genoese control?
    [Col] RO Citizen

A smart move, showing it in a video, and not just with screenies. That little tour around the Empire is gonna soothe Tsardoms' subjects outside the game, fortify your (team's) own authority, and prevent "minor rebellious acts evolving into a full blown civil war" in this outside, forum Empire . Great work, as always, and as expected.

I've been thinking about this little detail before, and seeing the video reminded me of it. Now, I know I shouldn't ask too much, as I've seen guillotines and heads rolling before (Spyros ), but I'll take a gamble. Are you planing to change the character cards and portraits? Of course, an apology if this subject has already been discussed before is present.

Cheers, and respect to Spyros and the rest of the team.

spyros, one suggestion, for recording use Fraps!

TTW GRANDMASTER

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    Btw, just wondering, what's that blue Latin general outside Constantinople?
    actually they were bulgarians, who after going on Vacation in Turkey, they are returning home...

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    And isn't Galata a separate town, under Genoese control?
    no it isn't, because it will get very cramped.... but you will see in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Serbia View Post
    A smart move, showing it in a video, and not just with screenies. That little tour around the Empire is gonna soothe Tsardoms' subjects outside the game, fortify your (team's) own authority, and prevent "minor rebellious acts evolving into a full blown civil war" in this outside, forum Empire .

Are you planing to change the character cards and portraits?
    maybe yes, but it is not a top priority.... there are lot of things to be done...

Quote Originally Posted by il_duce_! View Post
    spyros, one suggestion, for recording use Fraps!
    thanks duce, i will have it in mind..

DobroVece's Avatar Senator

Will rep you when I'm able again. Great work!

OMG!Thanks God.I got very afraid that something bad happened(aka.no progress etc. etc.).But i see you are awesome.Thank you very much Spyros and all of you,you're the best. I love you Tsardoms makers,NO HOMO!!! You're the best!
    And i want to see Serbian Coronation of Dushan!
    Kidding...cheers and good luck and full support!

Regards,
    Janko.

EDIT:What about troop icons and that stuff?It's from Native Medieval Total War 2.Will they be changed?
    Last edited by JankoMega; August 07, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JankoMega View Post
    EDIT:What about troop icons and that stuff?It's from Native Medieval Total War 2.Will they be changed?
    all the UI elements will be changed... don't worry..

SerbianInfantry's Avatar Tiro

Coronations? Are you serious? Epic, trully epic.
    By the way, music totaly took me to that place Will it be personalised for every (culturaly similar) country? (music I mean)

Kosovo is Serbia! If you don't believe me, read a book.

Yep.

Great work, Spyros!
    Proud Tsardoms: Total war Concept Artist.

Best of my work for Tsardoms: TW [link]
    thinkerman.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SpyrosM91 View Post
    all the UI elements will be changed... don't worry..
    Nah,i was not worried man!..i know you will do something,dammit you're professionals.
    Thanks for reply mate.And also the music is ing awesome!

Keep up good work.
    rep

-TWC moderation Staff

awesome +rep

I have another question, if I may. Will you/did you tweak the inheritance system? I ask this because, if I remember it right, in M2TW the game itself choose the heir, and player had no influence on it, as there was no option to select the heir by yourself like in prequels in TW series (RTW and various expansions for it) (Correct me if I'm mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by JankoMega View Post
    the music is ing awesome!
    Don't get me wrong, mate, but I think you should have elected to use some other adjective, considering what kind of music you refer to.

Cheers.

I have another question, if I may. Will you/did you tweak the inheritance system? I ask this because, if I remember it right, in M2TW the game itself choose the heir, and player had no influence on it, as there was no option to select the heir by yourself like in prequels in TW series (RTW and various expansions for it) (Correct me if I'm mistaken).
    yes, we are working on it... of cource, you will not be able to manually choose you heir, since this is hard-coded (actually there might be a bypass....but it won't be very good and game-balanced, because, in reality you wouldn't choose one of your 4th cousins just because he is awsome.... you would prefer your son, although he is a bit idiot), but we will make some things, so that the engine will be forced to choose in a much more historical way (e.g. very close family members)...

Oh, thanks for the quick reply.

hard-coded
    I guessed it was, although I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info.

engine will be forced to choose in a much more historical way (e.g. very close family members)...
    That's the deal! Oh... Why do I even bother to ask? I'm just wasting your time. You apparently thought of everything.

yes, we are working on it... of cource, you will not be able to manually choose you heir, since this is hard-coded (actually there might be a bypass....but it won't be very good and game-balanced, because, in reality you wouldn't choose one of your 4th cousins just because he is awsome.... you would prefer your son, although he is a bit idiot), but we will make some things, so that the engine will be forced to choose in a much more historical way (e.g. very close family members)...
    That's great!
    Can't wait!
    And yeah,the heir would be a son of the recent ruler,or some other close family member.It's totally right,and that's how it should be.I like that.

Keep up great work guys and good luck!

Cheers.

-TWC moderation Staff

Luck has nothing to do with this.

Only work.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast