Thread: How do I alter unit recruitment times?

Default How do I alter unit recruitment times?

I'm trying to put together an experiment for my games, but whenever I alter the stat cost in the export_desc_units, first number in stat_cost to the desired number it doesn't carry over to the game.

Is there more I have to do in order to alter recruitment times?
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Default Re: How do I alter unit recruitment times?

Quote Originally Posted by Request a new user name View Post
    I'm trying to put together an experiment for my games, but whenever I alter the stat cost in the export_desc_units, first number in stat_cost to the desired number it doesn't carry over to the game.

Is there more I have to do in order to alter recruitment times?
    If you've installted TNS2.6+WoM (with the seven campaigns via the campaign-swapper), you have to change the seven EDUs in the seven different campaign folders in ...BI\ci\Batch. And for the Main campaign (the All-factions campaign via option 1) you have to also copy the modified "Main"-EDU into BI\ci\data and replace the existing one.
    It's actually quite simple. What you should know is, that the campaign-swapper (aka bat-launcher) --if you select option 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7-- takes the files from the respective folder inside BI\ci\Batch and copies them into the BI\ci\data-folder before actually loading RTW. And after quiting the game, it copies the files from the BI\ci\Batch\Main-folder back into BI\ci\data.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    If you've installted TNS2.6+WoM (with the seven campaigns via the campaign-swapper), you have to change the seven EDUs in the seven different campaign folders in ...BI\ci\Batch. And for the Main campaign (the All-factions campaign via option 1) you have to also copy the modified "Main"-EDU into BI\ci\data and replace the existing one.
    It's actually quite simple. What you should know is, that the campaign-swapper (aka bat-launcher) --if you select option 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7-- takes the files from the respective folder inside BI\ci\Batch and copies them into the BI\ci\data-folder before actually loading RTW. And after quiting the game, it copies the files from the BI\ci\Batch\Main-folder back into BI\ci\data.
    Thanks, I changed them all out so all Orc Units except Olog-Hai are 0 turn recruitment for my first batch of tests.
    Well look at this here, a brewing free-for-all in Western Horn of Africa. What could possibly go wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Request a new user name View Post
    Thanks, I changed them all out so all Orc Units except Olog-Hai are 0 turn recruitment for my first batch of tests.
    I'm not sure, but maybe the AI will have trouble handling those 0-turn-Orc-units. It could drain the AI's settlements population quite quickly (at least the ones where Orcs can be recruited) - only guessing though.

Good luck and have fun!