Thread: CTD right off the bat

Default CTD right off the bat

Downloaded the beta 1.1 and cant do any custom battles. they ctd during loading. haven't tried the campaign, but i installed the hotfix 1.11 and when i went to bring up RTW, it did a CTD right away. I can't even bring up the game now. what's the deal? any hints?
    If one has to jump a stream and knows how wide it is, he will not jump. If he does not know how wide it is, he will jump, and six times out of ten he will make it. - Persian Proverb

"Fortis cadere, cadere non potest" - A brave man may fall, but he cannot yeild.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. - Winston Churchill

Default Re: CTD right off the bat

The only thing I can say is make a completely fresh installation of RTW 1.2 and then install the beta 1.1 to it. If you've downloaded the beta after March 25'th, which probably is the case, you do not have to install the hotfix. Just the beta.
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

Default Re: CTD right off the bat

Yep, i did all that. I had spqr 5 on there, so i completely uninstalled the whole game, restarted the comp, reinstalled vanilla, put on the 1.2 patch, and then the beta. custom battles wouldn't work for me. but i'll give the campaign a try (i just have to start the whole process over again since i installed the hotfix on)
    If one has to jump a stream and knows how wide it is, he will not jump. If he does not know how wide it is, he will jump, and six times out of ten he will make it. - Persian Proverb

"Fortis cadere, cadere non potest" - A brave man may fall, but he cannot yeild.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it. - Winston Churchill