Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lighter Script For Faster Turn Times (SS6.4)

Default Re: Lighter Script For Faster Turn Times (SS6.4)

Thanks Serbian Hussar,this is what my old computer needs.

so bascially this slims the AI down, BUT it doesnt stupidfy the AI right? not random armies/ships/agents appearing actually sounds quite good to me. but it doesnt hurtthe battle AI or make the campaign AI go stupid?

downloaded it, AWESOME! feals like 200% less! now it only takes a few seconds again per turn! thank you very much!

Serbian Hussar's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks, no problem No, the rebel armies and ships are still appearing. I've just cut out some less necessary scripts.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

So far so good! I was skeptical of handicapping the AI any more, but I haven't noticed any big differences and my turn times are twice as fast! (I timed them before and after - used to be about 1:02, now it's down to 0:28). Excellent work! +rep

An addon that helps a lot to my poor pc... thank you very much Serbian Hussar .

I'M HAPPY

Paleo's Avatar Miles

if its possible how do you change back to normal without re installing ????

Is this compatible with RC/RR?

Im having issues with Long turn times i have a really good new computer. 16gb of ram high and many procossers a SSD for programs on C a D drive for games and windows 7. My friend and me are having this issue he have a Similiar computer to mine we reach 4-5 minute turn time at 20 turns regardless of this script or graphic settings. HELP! TT

taqui's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatametalera View Post
    I'M HAPPY

Is this not the same "turn accelerator for SS6.4" you tried to sell us as yours???

Take note of this guy because he's a phony!!!

He usurps the work of other modders... and is already expelled from our spanish community!

El mundo es demasiado pequeño para esconderse de la verdad.

Oh thank you so much for this!

I'm absolutely sick of these idiotic Coming of Age and Death of a Leader notifications.

Very unfortunate that it's not save-game compatible (that is, now I know what it takes to remove the notifications and added the changes in my campaign.txt file, but doesn't work).
    Know Thyself Create Thyself.

is this BGRV compitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    is this BGRV compitable?
    I would assume not since both of them rework campaign_scripts. If you're using BGRV, you'll have to go through campaign_scripts manually and remove certain things to get faster turn times.

Hvala na ovome , do jaja je THANKS SEBIAN HUSSAR

Thanks great job

Thank you very much. This has helped me alot.

Hey, this looks really good but I did have a question about two of the scripts which were removed namely:
    - Merchant&Priest&Ship Support Spawn (Random spawning of Merchants, Priests and Ships for AI)
    - G5 Faction Economy Script (Adding money to AI factions every turn (huge script and probably most time consuming))

I know the first point was sorta answered on page one but if it's not necessary then what is the reason for having the AI spawn these things randomly anyway? If the AI can make this stuff without the extra random spawn then doesn't the random spawn kind of give the AI the edge as far as number of troops etc?

As to the second part the only question I have for that is that many of the nations I run into are either at meager, bankrupt or just doing ok. Myself - I'm the wealthiest man around which is a complete change from both RL and most games I play. Anyway, if this script is deleted do these poor factions stand a chance?

I play 6.4 with the bug fixes, the mod which allows me to change my heir and weaker heretics if that makes any difference to my questions. Thanks again for making this btw.

Just a note:

In spite of its length, deleting the money script seems to make no difference in turn times. So if it's only speed that you are after, you might want to keep that.

However, some of the other scripts - e.g. player notification - do seem to make a difference.

Edit: Perhaps I should have used a stop-watch for precision and absolute accuracy. But I don't want to keep reverting and testing...

Quote Originally Posted by lampros69 View Post
    In spite of its length, deleting the money script seems to make no difference in turn times. So if it's only speed that you are after, you might want to keep that.
    Are you referring to the same script as the OP? G5 Economy script has 628 monitors out of 1259 total monitors in CS for early campaign; removing it obviously reduces turn end times significantly.

@mystang89: Since you use "the bug fixes", removing the economy script will only barely reduce turn end times. Except adding money to AI factions that are in debt, it also reduces their treasury if "they have too much money". Over all, it's a game balancing attempt; myopinion, do not remove it if you have concerns about AI faction treasuries.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast