Thread: Animation questions

Default Animation questions

Many changes have been made to the original animations and work continues on them weekly. The game play has evolved slightly and watching units battle is more interesting than Vanilla. The new animations, which are to many to count have been coreographed and tested by Jmilan and myself. The most notable changes are to the sword and sheild sequencing that the Macedoniands, Greeks, and Seleucids use. There is now more survivability to the units, It is now possible to have an upgraded unit destroy an opposing army with much more realistic looking fighting. It always bothered me about Rome that the hits and blocks were awefully matched and poorly timed. That aspect of the game has been and is still being corrected with this mod. Any questions on animation changes or bugs found please direct them to this post. Only animations to this mod will be supported, any animations used by any other mod or earlier animations added to other mods will not be supported.

DHS
    Last edited by Dark_horse_spirit; August 05, 2011 at 09:04 AM.
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Animation questions

Good idea mate, best way to show off your cool anims I suppose what I will do Is make some videos of them for you if you want then I can make this a sticky thread an just keep updating original post
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

I am not sure if my new animations and reworked battles are even on this latest download. I would think that I would here some feed back by now, the game battles are tweaked and it is not really even the same game. The reworked battles take the rome engine to new heights.The swords, horseman, hoplites and spears have all been redone, thier may be a few original animations floating around, but most battle sequences are enjoybale to watch, if your a true die hard RTW fan. Also Conquestidor has redone many new skins and I don't see them either, so hang in there, thier is a totaly new game on the way, just not sure when it is going to be released.

DHS
    Last edited by Dark_horse_spirit; August 06, 2011 at 01:54 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah the anims arnt in 0.88 remember because I ha trouble with repacking back then, there in the next release though, internal version will include them when uploaded next release, also milners and conquistadors stuff will be to

as for a release date for 0.88.5 were not sure, the majority off the hard work was finished last week, just rely on a few different skins on models for certain factions and just tweaking it a bit now. Put some final touches yesterday to formations and the ai formations, makes the battles a lot harder now id say for a full bug free release a month or two so not long but just don't hold the team to it as all different kinds of problems could show up

Can you post a video showing the new animations?
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

I'd love to see that!

Sure i shall be back soon and am making some release videos and one of them is for new anims

Yes, it would be good of course!
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

dark_archer_spirit, Have you ever tried to use the "Skelletons cracker" of wlesmana? I´ve been noticed It´s awesome, But whem I tried to run it, It doesn´t work!
    Any idea?

Hi,

No, I have not tried the skeleton cracker. Sounds interesting, do you have a link, maybe I will try it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Here is the link

Hi,

I've been animating every night, just not this mod, not sure where it is going. i figured out the implementing different objects like planes, boats ec...the vertex count of the object needs to be somewhat simular to the unit that you plan on replacing. It's not rocket science but it should allow you to put boats in the game. the skeletons need to be changed...stretched, resized and attached to the mode,l sent to the appropriate .CAS overwritten, then to start about 6 animations need to be imported and changed and sent back to the .CAS animations, then the UV models need to be retextured and sent to the texture folder in models unit. Doing this is not hard but time consuming. I could do this myself but have not yet played with the water. If I can make a plan fly around the board, making boats should be easy.

DHS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Excellent my friend i have a boat model and texture if you would like for testing matters and such

Great news guys . Can't wait to see what you have done
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

send me the link for the boat model, textures aren't necessary,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sending you a pm with file