Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roma vicit version 0.89 features (Update 10/1/12)

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Roma vicit version 0.89 features

Yea very true debux has been very handy behind the scenes with helping with our building systems and unit roosters for certain factions and believe me mate you wouldn't need my permission to join the team you have been a great help already
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Any pics of the ships yet?

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by kikiriki View Post
    Why the hell are there 6 GREEK FACTIONS while there are NO germans, britons, picts, sarmatians, armenians (or even thracians or boii) ?! Couldnt you have made 4 greek factions like Roma surrectum, and had different AoE units for Syracusae and maybe Massilia? You have 2 greek city states, 3 greek minor factions, and the macedon greek, but you dont have ANY tribes from any part of europe apart from a gallic tribe and 2 spanish ones?! And why do you have a small city in the middle of ing numidia as a playable faction?!
    If you read the .89 preview you will see that there is Armenia, Pontus and the barbaric factions are, just that with the real names.
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Hey, how the work going? I hope everything is going great and that the preview comes soon! I cant wait to see the sea battles and the reaction of the people when they go to their home page and see "Naval Battles for Rome Total War Preview". It is sad that such good looking mod does not gets the attention it deserves. I will get this mod when I get my new RAM and Graphic card sometime this Christmas. Keep up the good work!
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

Thankyou my friend it's all coming along our next preview though shall be of our brand new Romani faction with some real slick looking units

Hopefully some Roman navy also! P.S. The 0.88 version has buggy battles for campaign. Though great mod so far!!!

Thank you yes there were problems to do with how the game read the map which created ctd. This happened generally in places such as spain but we have fixed those

How things are going ? Any feedback of any development so far ?
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Our models and units have come on well but still having trouble with our base mod folder for some reason Oh and traits and ancillarys are coming a long way and are looking very developed. We shall have thread on this soon

Uhhh... Do you know when do you finish this mode i want to try this ?

Fraid nit my friend as it is still a work in progress

Happy new year guys . Any feedback about the mod?
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...

All by Zoroaster.

Same to u my friend Well actually some very good news. We now have nearly got our mod folder up and running again so very soon you shall be seeing a lot of progress again and we hope to have some new previews released by the end of the month Hope that helps.

Yur welcome mate . Thx that is very good news indeed . Can t wait to see some previews. Are you still changing battle animations and working on sea battles?

All by Zoroaster.

Yes our animations are nearly finished just some final touch ups configured for certain units and then the only thing left is the anims for the sea battles which also answers your other question which is yes we are going to include sea battles of which i shall be finishing off the implementation into the master copy of the mod folder very soon. Although i shall point out the sea battle system shall be done second last as to get the main part of the mod done first, anything which is based on the land.

So our plan is to get the general part done first which is coding, UI, graphics, units, buildings, ancillaries ect.
    Then the final part of the sea battles.
    Then to finish off we shall work on brand new settlements with brand new buildings and also completly unique settlements on the campaign map, so if you fight on sparta it looks like sparta but if they fight in Corinth it shall look completly different. So thats quite exciting

So yes that is our plan and i hope this helps

Thx for your response friend . Didn't know that you have so much work to do. To change the cities is quite a lot of work I guess. We should do some advertisement for this mod like open a facebook page about this mod or so, to gather some attention. I believe that it deserve's some since the forum here is quite quiet. What do you think ?

All by Zoroaster.

Yes that would be quite a good idea as yes our forum has got a bit quiet recently Yes The changing cities is a lot of work but i have friend which has already started on the work at home, ( he is not in this forum ) But anyway he is already learning through the files so when we come to get the rest of the team working on it we shall already have a good base to work off Also we hope to learn from the efforts of the RS2 team on what they are doing with there new settlements and we have already disected the mod folder of Hegemonia as they have done vast work on the settlements, so we are taking all the experiences of this previous work to better build up our mod folders

If you want I volunteer to do the facebook page but I need some kind of information about the mod and also some pictures to show the fans. What do you think ?

All by Zoroaster.

Hm tht could be very handy my friend do you have any modding skills? As we would be more than happy having you on our team for talking to public and such

Ok then I will do it. What icon and information should I put on the page? Regarding modding skills I do not have any nor do I have the time to develope them right now .Sry about that but I could take care the facebook.
    Last edited by Davidos; January 05, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

All by Zoroaster.