Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roma vicit version 0.89 features (Update 10/1/12)

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Roma vicit version 0.89 features

Make sure you contact a mod so you can have your ship preview stickied on the front page of TWC That will DEFINITELY get you a whole heap of support

Quote Originally Posted by BLIP99 View Post
    Make sure you contact a mod so you can have your ship preview stickied on the front page of TWC That will DEFINITELY get you a whole heap of support
    i thin kthe mdoerator wont take it seriously and thinks its a joke

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Lol well we will definatly be relleasing the data to everyone wanting to include into there own mods
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

There're still many doubts about the sea battles... I believe it, but some screens will surely make everybody believe it
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

It would but it's also fun watching the anticipation for it XD also we would like to release the preview with real quality and for that it's going to take a bit more time but believe though as it's coming

Jow the sea battles are going ? Any sneak previews soon pls ?
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

They would be going great but our internal file has hit a snag were we are having trouble with the battle map. Dont worry though as we are working very hard to fix it

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Roma Vicit
    "Roma Vicit means Rome conquered. It's a complete conversion of the RTW engine, proving new units, building, traits, ancillaries and many more things. Also, the mod providing playable sea battles for the first time for the RTW engine."

This is how the mod is advertised.. But you do not actually provide playable sea battles?.. shame on you..getting peoples hopes up just to say.."it will be released soon" or "i just have a little bit of work to do and it will be out soon"...
    Soon is a stupid word...for some it means a day or a month or a year...or never, i just like to blow smoke up as many asses as i can..lol

If i overlooked something or i am mistaken and ship battles are indeed included then disregard the above..lol
    I have not played this mod, and was searching TWC for something new to play..the whole playable Sea Battles caught my eye..and naturally before i download any mod i like to gather as much info on it as i can..so i was quite disappointed to read that the Sea Battles were not in the current version.
    That being said only a handful of RTW mods hold any appeal to me and i have played more hours of RTR then i can count so something new is definitely required.. This mod and the Amazon mod are the only ones i have yet to try that stick out to me.. So i will be downloading and playing this mod...but i will have you know everytime i engage in a sea battle and have to auto resolve it i shall remember your deceit and shed a tear for what could have been..lol

Either way thnx for attempting to add Sea Battles to the game..one can only dream lol
    Peace
    And Have a Nice Day

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Roma Vicit
    "Roma Vicit means Rome conquered. It's a complete conversion of the RTW engine, proving new units, building, traits, ancillaries and many more things. Also, the mod providing playable sea battles for the first time for the RTW engine."

This is how the mod is advertised.. But you do not actually provide playable sea battles?.. shame on you..getting peoples hopes up just to say.."it will be released soon" or "i just have a little bit of work to do and it will be out soon"...
    Soon is a stupid word...for some it means a day or a month or a year...or never, i just like to blow smoke up as many asses as i can..lol

If i overlooked something or i am mistaken and ship battles are indeed included then disregard the above..lol
    I have not played this mod, and was searching TWC for something new to play..the whole playable Sea Battles caught my eye..and naturally before i download any mod i like to gather as much info on it as i can..so i was quite disappointed to read that the Sea Battles were not in the current version.
    That being said only a handful of RTW mods hold any appeal to me and i have played more hours of RTR then i can count so something new is definitely required.. This mod and the Amazon mod are the only ones i have yet to try that stick out to me.. So i will be downloading and playing this mod...but i will have you know everytime i engage in a sea battle and have to auto resolve it i shall remember your deceit and shed a tear for what could have been..lol

Either way thnx for attempting to add Sea Battles to the game..one can only dream lol
    Peace
    And Have a Nice Day
    this made me laugh out loud Macrath ur nuts
    Last edited by GRANTO; November 17, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

debux's Avatar Senator

Roma Vicit
    Advertise?

Geez, and I wonder how you are part of the RTR beta testing team... you should know better.

Roma vicit is still on beta (quite clear on the version number). You surely can't expect to have all the features ready in a beta. The team has given several previews of their work so far, and their progress has been so promising until now, so much, that they've confirmed features like naval battles for future releases. They don't want it to release it yet: they do have naval battles on the dev build, but they don't want to release them in the current state.

And seriously, advertise? Why would someone advertise a mod? The only reason to "advertise" would be to attract more modders, and stating the future or WIP projects clearly is a good way of communicating the goals to the applicants.

And I guess you know how modders work: on their free time. One can't promise anything (you never know when RL strikes), and I guess that you've seen as well that even an experienced team like EB doesn't give fixed release dates... it doesn't make sense to.

I seriously see no constructive criticism in your post... it isn't even funny. If you aren't going to contribute positively, simply don't even post here.

I hope you have a nice day, too
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Advertise?

Geez, and I wonder how you are part of the RTR beta testing team... you should know better.

Roma vicit is still on beta (quite clear on the version number). You surely can't expect to have all the features ready in a beta. The team has given several previews of their work so far, and their progress has been so promising until now, so much, that they've confirmed features like naval battles for future releases. They don't want it to release it yet: they do have naval battles on the dev build, but they don't want to release them in the current state.

And seriously, advertise? Why would someone advertise a mod? The only reason to "advertise" would be to attract more modders, and stating the future or WIP projects clearly is a good way of communicating the goals to the applicants.

And I guess you know how modders work: on their free time. One can't promise anything (you never know when RL strikes), and I guess that you've seen as well that even an experienced team like EB doesn't give fixed release dates... it doesn't make sense to.

I seriously see no constructive criticism in your post... it isn't even funny. If you aren't going to contribute positively, simply don't even post here.

I hope you have a nice day, too
    By advertise i simply meant it is what the ...headline (i guess u could call it) reads
    I was not trying to criticize any of the developers..apologies if i offended you cupcake
    I was merely poking fun at the fact that it is stated as if the Sea battles are currently in the mod at first glance..Sea Battles being quite a rare thing in RTW i was obviously intrigued..and u getting a laugh from anything i say matters very little but thnx for the input on my current comedic level i will take that into account next time i try to start cracking wise..lol..I was bored, hence the reason i was on TWC looking for new mods. Now being bored is not the most constructive state of mind and i don't expect my post to show any more or less.... but in all seriousness. I wish the Team the best of luck with their efforts in bringing this feature to the fans. It will be a day i spend far too many hours in front of my computer.. Very much looking forward to the next release
    and once again i meant no disrespect to the Dev's.. modders are your friends

Also I noticed in a post i read that the Team Lead on this mod (atleast i think that is who it is, might be mistaken) commented that the .88 release was not all it could be and that the 0.88.5 version would be out soon. I also read another post saying that the 0.89 version would be out shortly..was just wondering if i should wait for the next release or is it "feature complete" enough to have an enjoyable campaign?

Thnx
    And Have a Nice Day
    Last edited by Macrath; November 18, 2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: not smarter then a 3rd grader

Sensitivity level high!! :0

debux's Avatar Senator

Your post count doesn't help differentiate from those dudes you see in major mods that expect everything to be served in a silver platter... and the tone of your initial post wasn't very different. And if you do want a ready campaign, with naval battles and all the features included, you should wait for the final release (v.1). I can't say (nor can I think of anybody being able to say it) how long it might take to get there, no matter how fast progress has been in RV in comparison to other mods.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Hi all sorry for long reply, bin in hospital anyway out now and raring to go for more modding. Yes Sea battles are to be included in our 0.89 release. And yes to your other posts 0.88 was a flop which we rushed to much and 0.88.5 was a quick come back to make appesment for the flop of 0.88 but we soon scrapped that to slow down to make a quality piece of work which shall be 0.89.

Dont worry, it has proven to be done the sea battles and we have many plans for this wonderful system but first we are perfecting the sides of original rtw modding. But we dedicated to releasing a great mod with a lot of playability and running very deep in historical accuracy. Hope this clears this up a bit

Yep clears everything up.. thnx for the info.
    Can't wait to see sea Battles...hopefully not only in this mod but all RTW and M2TW mods on TWC. I never understood why CA never put the feature in RTW or M2TW..at least in an expansion or something..i mean for some factions(in certain time periods) the navy should be one of the strongest elements of their military and just as enjoyable to play as the land battles.

Thnx again Jimilan77 i will be keeping an eye out for the 0.89 release

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Your post count doesn't help differentiate from those dudes you see in major mods that expect everything to be served in a silver platter... and the tone of your initial post wasn't very different. And if you do want a ready campaign, with naval battles and all the features included, you should wait for the final release (v.1). I can't say (nor can I think of anybody being able to say it) how long it might take to get there, no matter how fast progress has been in RV in comparison to other mods.
    you take all this far too seriously for me friend.. was never looking for an argument.
    But thanx your confrontational attitude and need to seperate people into categories based on opinions you form of that person(s) by a few postings on a Forum.
    You seem to be the only person offended by anything i said (i mean how many lol's does a guy have to throw into a post to let u know they are joking)..i got the info on the mod i was looking for..and i was mainly just looking for info from the devlopers..not fan boys trying to speak for the developers when they had shown no offense taken by a post in the first place but thnx for the laughs

However..once again.. if i offended anyone i deeply and sincerely apologise and hope you can find it in you hearts to forgive me
    if you don't..i just might
    and that blood will be on your hands

Thankyou sir and yes with our discovery the same principal is able to be transferred over to med2 and think with the added scripting capapibilitys I remember it said that you would be able to get actuall boarding working as well unlike with rtw you can only ram or shoot down other ships

Yes we have been working on a brand new animation set thanks to DHS and will be very advanced looking more like med 2

debux's Avatar Senator

you take all this far too seriously for me friend.. was never looking for an argument.
    But thanx your confrontational attitude and need to seperate people into categories based on opinions you form of that person(s) by a few postings on a Forum.
    You seem to be the only person offended by anything i said (i mean how many lol's does a guy have to throw into a post to let u know they are joking)..i got the info on the mod i was looking for..and i was mainly just looking for info from the devlopers..not fan boys trying to speak for the developers when they had shown no offense taken by a post in the first place but thnx for the laughs

However..once again.. if i offended anyone i deeply and sincerely apologise and hope you can find it in you hearts to forgive me
    if you don't..i just might
    and that blood will be on your hands
    You have just proven how hard it is to note the tone of a post, if it's intended as a joke or not, or between an explanation or an excuse. It goes the same way for differentiating people that are commenting on a project and people that just throw on top of a project (expecting it to be ready for them)... the same way you assume I am a "fanboy", I assumed by your first post you were of the second type of person I mentioned before. Just look at the EBII forums (or the posts of Mannysomething Manny on the RTR forum before the VII release) and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'd hate to know that someone of this great team would be discouraged by a post that can be interpreted so easily as a rant against their work.

About the "lol"'s, people have different ways of expressing themselves... I personally understood the "lol"'s as you laughing at the RV project, and because of that I reacted the way I did (If I would have been you, I'd have chosen other words that said the same first message in a kinder way). I'm no developer, but I do feel attachment to the project because of my "behind-the-screens" role I have played in the past. If I had time, I would be developing RV (of course, with Jmilian's permission).