Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roma vicit version 0.89 features (Update 10/1/12)

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Roma vicit version 0.89 features

Yes we have a very skilled animator, dark_horse_spirit, he has done a great job with them, made the look so realistic, often I lose a battle as I'm just watching the cool anims instead of focusing on tactics, some of them have never been done before as far as we know. Videos of them are to be released soon

Thankyou, we hope we don't disappoint we shall be needing beta testers soon
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

ObiWan86's Avatar Civis

So i don't get bored if i lost the battle! +rep

Thankyou don't just give it to me though, the team have done a great Job Milner, dark horse spirit, algaman, the blacksmith, itzabalam all of them have done great work

Just release it today I don't care if it's buggy I just wanna fight a ship battle

Quote Originally Posted by Parthicus View Post
    Just release it today I don't care if it's buggy I just wanna fight a ship battle
    I dont think we/they (im not a coder ) got it all together yet... but soon my friend... soon

Yeah I still have to finish a bit of coding yet and I'm relying on one Moore ship model

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

This looks absolutely stunning team! And sea battles! Simply revolutionary!

I saw somewhere one of the team had made a passing comment about how much easier it would be to put sea battles in Med2, and that got me thinking. Is this the truth, and who can I talk to to maybe implement this into the mod im working on, its a viking mod, so the ability to fight with ships would be amazing!

So if anyone is interested in a partnership arrangement of sorts, please let me know. Click my sig pic (the mod one) for details about our project.

Blip

P.S. +rep!
    Last edited by Merula; August 23, 2011 at 05:07 AM.

Hm interesting well I'm still trying to complete it on rtw but I don't mind helping first you are gonna need a ship a model and texture fir testing, give me some time though as I am very busy

Of course i can see that! I was talking about in the future, but thankyou for taking an interest mate

I dont think ship battles in Med. 2 would be very fun. It was pretty much guys in rowboats throwing sticks at each other. If they had a stick that was too big in their row boat, the boat would sink.

I dont think ship battles in Med. 2 would be very fun. It was pretty much guys in rowboats throwing sticks at each other. If they had a stick that was too big in their row boat, the boat would sink.
    In the dark ages countries (Venice, Byzantium) still used galleys, and who wouldnt want to play as the vikings at sea!!!

This is very irrelevant to the release thread, but i think i need to defend my countrymen

The viking longboat was VERY deadly at sea, it was way faster than the venitian transport galley and had a capable firepower, it could sail on rivers which very few war vessels could do at that time

the viking longboat was kinda like the SAS desert jeeps, transport raiding vessles who could strike everywhere and be away in the blink of an eye

I look foward to this

Thankyou

Icon10 Re: Roma vicit version 0.89 features

I have a question. Could you make all archers have long range missiles,and could you make the most advanced black smith have a gold armor bonus instead of silver
    Edit: sorry if I sound demanding. Its just that the archers seem a bit underpowererd.
    Last edited by Legio III Cyrenica; September 03, 2011 at 01:24 PM.

ObiWan86's Avatar Civis

like what jmilan and blacksmith says
    "Mod is in early stage so its some kind of messed up a little"
    just patience and wait for the 0.89 version mate
    I'm a natural born from Indonesia

this mod looks VERY promising, I am the maker of the the animation submods for various M2TW mods. If this mod can deliver on animations, you might get me to play RTW again, something that RS2 wasn't able to do for long. I also have very high expectations when it comes to animations. So I challenge Dark_Horse_Spirit to impress me,
    Last edited by warman222; September 03, 2011 at 06:25 PM.

The mod already has animations that no other mod has, but is still in infancy stage. I have yet to rework bowman, small swords and daggers, pila, and 2 handed, I am currently working on 2 handed animations, and a version for BI. I thought BI was going to be easy but the scale is different than Rome, so all animations need to be reworked.I think that the version now will be great for a first offering, as soon as a few of the sheild hands are tweaked.
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thankyou for all your comments, yes dhs animations are brilliant the best for beauty on the rtw engine by far now we shall be releasing some Vids soon of some of his incredible work

Cool!
    btw I love your mod!