Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roma vicit version 0.89 features (Update 10/1/12)

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Icon1 Roma vicit version 0.89 features (Update 10/1/12)

As time has moved on since we have announced us working on version 0.89 Of Roma Vicit there have no doudt been a few changes in our plans for the mod, mostly minor but a few larger ones as well Hence the need we have felt to update this post and this will probably not be the last either as we are always having new ideas float into our minds and such.

So to kick off once again is our faction list with a few minor changes to names and such.

Romani
    Seleukid Empire
    Ptolemaic Empire
    Makedon
    Pahlav (Parthia)
    Carthago
    City State of Sparta
    Achaen League
    Aetolian League
    Ardiaei (Illyria)
    Kingdom of Pontus
    Kingdom of Armenia
    Pergamum
    Kingdom of Massylia (Numidia)
    Lussotana (Spanish tribe)
    Celtiberia (Celtic-Spanish tribe)
    Aedui (Gallic Tribe)
    City State of Massila
    City State of Syracusae
    Getae (Tribe north of Thrace)

Once again the point of mod is to show trully the diffulculty of Roma expanding with so many rivals around her. We also want to show the true extent of the breakup of Alexanders empire into its many Kingdoms. The map is decreased in size from vannila but its scale has been vastly increase to better show the lay of the land. Its stretches from Iberia to the homeland of Parthia, and from the middle of France to North Africa. The map is a completly reworked version of Webirds map which we have used as a foundation block and then cut and reworked in certain areas.

By decreasing the geographical area of the mod, this frees up more slots for us to better represent the time period with complete realistic armies, cities, buildings ect. In fact all 199 settlement slots are filled along with all 512 model slots for unit. We are trully trying to max out the system.

With all this taken into consideration, this means we can take more time to better focus on each faction, to better represent building trees, units and of course we want to historically portray each factions way of conducting warfare.

Not only are we working on improving all aspects of coding, but we are also trying to improve the graphical effects in every possible way we can. This means all units have high quality well detailed skins, the battle map building will be completly reworked to provide a trully authentic siege feeling. We have our own made animations by our team animator providing for the first time trully thrilling battles, with brand new reworked attack and defense animations which really creates a new feel to battlefield experience. We shall also be including the brilliant enviroment mod from RS2 with a few of our own changes including a brand new skymod. Unfortunatly though we will be removing one of the enviroment slots which we shall explain now.

Yes the reason for removing one enviroment is to make way for one of our more anticipated parts of our mod. Yes we are still planning on bringing for the first time playable sea battles, on custom battles and also playable on the campiagn map. You will have complete controll of each ship in your navy, being able to attack your enemies by either ramming other ships or by bombarding them if you have a well equiped ship with onagers, ballitas, scorpions you name it More shall be released on this soon including a complete preview dedicated to this subject

The start date for our mod is 232 BC. It provides a great starting position with lots of oppotunity for epic breakouts of war. Carthage has been expelled from Scicly & Sardinia and are hungry for revenge. With Roma controlling the once Carthago owned cities on Scicilly, tensions between Roma and City State of Syracusae is about to break out into in enivatable bloody war. With Carthago turning its attention to its minerally rich holding in Iberia, the tribes of the Lusiattani and Celtiberians will have to defend themselves to the death if there is any chance with competing with the rising power of the Romani. The pelponesse is in an ever warlike state with the once powerfull state of Makedon vying for power and land of the Aetolian and Achaen Leagues. In fact, all the states left behind from the great empire of Aleaxandros are in a very weary state and are on the brink of collapse.

From the start date we shall be including a 4 turn per year script. Also included shall be several reforms for nearly all factions, (not just Roma). We shall also include scripted events, and a very deep and expanded base of brand new traits and ancillarys, of which shall once again have preview dedicated purely to this subject to display our vast array of work which has been put into this area.

As just mentioned, we shall be including a script. However, we are planning on not relying to heavily on our script but instead trying, for instance, of making the AI act historically correct without forcing it to do so with scripts so as to not heavily wear down peoples cpu's.

So hope this little update helps maybe answer a few questions to you all. Please leave comments and questions as we are always interested to hear what you say and how we can maybe improve anything.

Hope you all enjoyed.

The RVTW team.
    Last edited by jmilan77; January 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Default Re: Roma vicit version 0.88.5 features

whoho, playeble seabattles!

No sorry, thats included in the 0.89 release which is after 0.88.5, i would like to include it now but were are waiting on a few files still unfortunaly Sorry for any confusion here.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do you give other modders permission to use your files for sea battles?
    And is it possible to make them compatible with normal-RTW without Alx?

Um the files can only work on alex without being buggy, and when i have got a complete file, with many varietys of ships i shall release a version to be used on any mod as a gift to the community

Default Re: Roma vicit version 0.89 features

I like gifts.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I need to find a copy of Alex. Now...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by jmilan77 View Post
    Um the files can only work on alex without being buggy, and when i have got a complete file, with many varietys of ships i shall release a version to be used on any mod as a gift to the community
    How are you starting the sea-battles?
    Do you use a script or did you change something else?

At the moment, there are no scripts but this up for debate. However, it does use one of the enviroments so if use a RS2 enviroment, you will have to chose which one to remove. There is also a lot of links between the DMB, DMS and Descr_Character files, linking them altogether basicly makes it possible. Then you basicly have to anims which will be the most extensive part.

At the moment, there are no scripts but this up for debate. However, it does use one of the enviroments so if use a RS2 enviroment, you will have to chose which one to remove. There is also a lot of links between the DMB, DMS and Descr_Character files, linking them altogether basicly makes it possible. Then you basicly have to anims which will be the most extensive part.
    My question remains still: How do you start sea battles? Iīm pretty sure I never saw a "This would have been the start sea battles button, but since we did not implent this feature, it is greyed out"-Button anywhere.

Sorry did you work for ca? Sorry not being rude it just sounds like you were helping when it was developed in the tense your talking there is no specific button, same as normal battles, we just use one enviroment for the sea, so they now are like a land battle just resticted the the ships as there only allowed on the sea hope this helps explaining

Sorry did you work for ca? Sorry not being rude it just sounds like you were helping when it was developed in the tense your talking there is no specific button, same as normal battles, we just use one enviroment for the sea, so they now are like a land battle just resticted the the ships as there only allowed on the sea hope this helps explaining
    Of course I am CA Member.

So, if you are starting a naval battle, a "normal" land battle starts? I canīt wait to get my hands on your files, really.

Wow so you helped make rtw, that's awesome

Thanks, all shall be revealed eventually

Wow so you helped make rtw, that's awesome

Thanks, all shall be revealed eventually
    Do you really believe that a normal Member here with 100 posts and no released Mod, which has in its profile as birthdate the 26.12.1995, is a CA Member?

Of course Iīm not. But some People really donīt understand a joke.

Lol sorry yeah when I think about it I should have checked your profile lol regards

Lol sorry yeah when I think about it I should have checked your profile lol regards
    Donīt be sorry - It made the world a bit more fun.

That would be for the day lol, pretending to someone from CA, you could create so much confusion lol, new numidian preview

That would be for the day lol, pretending to someone from CA, you could create so much confusion lol, new numidian preview
    Exactly. Imagine I would have made a Thread "CAīs gift to fellow fans - Faction Limit changed to 40"
    I think this Community would have gone amok.

Btw.: Nice preview. Just the archers look like you gave them a head texture on a Helmet.

Lol, someone should do that for a laugh lol

thanks, yeah there running of a carthage texture at the moment as the numidan one went wrong but we shall retry again

ObiWan86's Avatar Civis

Are you working on animations?

i'm very looking foward for this mod!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast