Thread: Huge unit size for Aradan mods

Default Huge unit size for Aradan mods

Hi, I prefer playing on huge, and as far as I know, the recommended unit sizes for the mods by Aradan and his team are:
    Viking Invasion II: normal
    Norman Invasion: normal
    Fourth Age: large
    So I already made a submod for VI 2 that added +2 population growth (equating 1%) for every region. But now I wonder wheter or not that's too much.
    So I want to know from someone of the team how much population growth I should add for every single mod to make huge unit size balanced (neither empty nor maxed settlements).

Default Re: Huge unit size for Aradan mods

+2 should be fairly good for VI2 and NI. FATW is different, you can't have one size-fits-all solutions, because each culture has different growth rates and each region has different fertility levels etc. For example, Harad hardly needs any boost, while Dunland could certainly use a +2. if you're looking for a good all-around solution, +1 should work ok.

EDIT: And they are not actually my mods. The main guy behind NI and VI2 and FATW up to TNS is MasterOfNone, and there is a team behind them too.
    Last edited by Aradan; August 04, 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

ive been playing all those mods with unitsoze 10 and have never any issues it is all very well

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    +2 should be fairly good for VI2 and NI. FATW is different, you can't have one size-fits-all solutions, because each culture has different growth rates and each region has different fertility levels etc. For example, Harad hardly needs any boost, while Dunland could certainly use a +2. if you're looking for a good all-around solution, +1 should work ok.

EDIT: And they are not actually my mods. The main guy behind NI and VI2 and FATW up to TNS is MasterOfNone, and there is a team behind them too.
    Thanks. but how do I give faction specific growth rates? I inrease the growth by adding a growth bonus to the government buildings.
    and what should be the grwoth rates with huge unit sizeß
    harad - none
    Dunland - +2

Not sure if the NI forum is the best place to discuss changes to FATW...

To give a faction-specific, you do this:

Code:
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { celts, }
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { franks, huns, }
    where "celts" is the internal name for Dunland, "franks" is Rhun and "huns" is Rohan. The above is an example of course, you can assign whatever values to whatever faction.

I opened a new thread in the FA forum.