Thread: can some one light me up a bit ?

Default can some one light me up a bit ?

here is sth I like to know about.

1.in my last two persian campaigns taras/terentins get destroyed in the starting turns what happens does their capital city rebel against them ????

2.a few years after athen and sparta start their war one of them get destroyed (sparta often wins in my experiance) .
    as they are two of the strongest greek citystates I think a bigger clash between them and a longer war will be more awesome but that's not Important anyways.

3. instate of placing sakas in the north of the caspian sea ,why don't you guy put them in the north eastern corner of the map like were they are located in EB by doing this india will also face some challange and wouldn't get OP , what do you guys think ???

4. personally I like the thing you doned with the persian bodygaurds , the kara are way better than does arastibara asabari but it's hard to imagine cyrus on foot rather than mounted , is there a possibility that you guy give him a mounted version of kara ?????

5.talking about bodygaurds I like to suggest that you give the median generals a shock cav instead of jav throwers it will by cool since all cavs in ROP are jev throwers or HAs some times. about the greeks do you guys have plans to give the greeks generals a special kind of troops instead of just using their elite units as GB ???

EDIT : another suggestion but it's not that Important can you guys give the athenian elites hoplites a blue culored shield instead of the red culored they had in V2 , that would show more differance with the spartans .
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; August 04, 2011 at 04:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Default Re: can some one light me up a bit ?

You should also nerf Ionia. They always win against Lydia.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

You should also nerf Ionia. They always win against Lydia.
    If you pay attention to what we say in the various stickied threads, you'd know that I, among others, have already said 10-ish times that the Greeks will be nerfed severely
    @OP:

1. Possibly
    2. The system I proposed in the dev forum for the Greeks should prevent any real steamrolling, including steamrolling of other Greeks
    3. Not the same tribes
    4. We're still kinda figuring out what exactly is going to be what in terms of Persian bodyguard.
    5. We'd do it if the Medians had shock cav in real history, but they didn't, so no. Same answer for the Greeks: there wasn't any bodyguard unit in the Archaic/Early Classical era of any kind, so no.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    If you pay attention to what we say in the various stickied threads, you'd know that I, among others, have already said 10-ish times that the Greeks will be nerfed severely
    @OP:
    I personally heard it +7 times .

1. Possibly
    but isn't that bad are you guys going to anything about it ??? I think giving them more buildings that increase poblic orther will do the trick.

2. The system I proposed in the dev forum for the Greeks should prevent any real steamrolling, including steamrolling of other Greeks
    so sparta and athen can't destroy the other one without a real fight , right? if so
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME

3. Not the same tribes
    oh ok I guess in ROP they are those tribes who killed cyrus about india is OP you could make bactria be agrassive to them, what do you think.

4. We're still kinda figuring out what exactly is going to be what in terms of Persian bodyguard.
    I didn't understood this one, can you explain what you mean ?? thanks

5. We'd do it if the Medians had shock cav in real history, but they didn't, so no. Same answer for the Greeks: there wasn't any bodyguard unit in the Archaic/Early Classical era of any kind, so no.
    your not going to say that medians used aristibara asabari are you ???

at if not shock cav at least give them a heavier one , I know that in this time frame cav wasn't as usefull as the roman time but they could still be stronger ( speaking about all cavs in ROP)

-----------------------------------------------

you didn't responded to that change the athenian elite units shield culor part .

oh one more thing : in V3 are you guys going to focus more on the unit scale ? in V2 , IIRC for showing that the greeks had weeker archers than the easterns you just gave them a smaller unit scale so greek archers were in 60 unit scale while easterns were in 80 unit scale .

my point is why not make them weeker in strange like in their missile attack , attack , defense instead.
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

your not going to say that medians used aristibara asabari are you ???

at if not shock cav at least give them a heavier one , I know that in this time frame cav wasn't as usefull as the roman time but they could still be stronger ( speaking about all cavs in ROP)
    Cavalry was nothing at this time; they couldn't even charge, let alone act as shock troops.

I didn't understood this one, can you explain what you mean ?? thanks
    It means we haven't decided yet
    you didn't responded to that change the athenian elite units shield culor part .
    Does it really bother you? Next to the fact that there was no such thing as a "faction colour" in history, it's also pretty...nitpicky? It can be done, of course.

in V3 are you guys going to focus more on the unit scale ? in V2 , IIRC for showing that the greeks had weeker archers than the easterns you just gave them a smaller unit scale so greek archers were in 60 unit scale while easterns were in 80 unit scale .

my point is why not make them weeker in strange like in their missile attack , attack , defense instead.
    Balancing is something I'd like to redo anyway, so probably, yes.

[QUOTE]
    Cavalry was nothing at this time; they couldn't even charge, let alone act as shock troops.
    guess I had to do more research

It means we haven't decided yet
    oh ok thanks for the information

Does it really bother you? Next to the fact that there was no such thing as a "faction colour" in history, it's also pretty...nitpicky? It can be done, of course.
    I know that there wasn't such thing as faction culor but it just in case to make the game more awesome though It isn't really Important

cool
    BOM to Kakabis

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

About 3 - those are meant to represent the Saka Paradraya, not Saka Tigrakhauda or the Sarmatians.

@Bull What about the Massagetae? I was under the impression they invented lancers around this time!

What about the Massagetae? I was under the impression they invented lancers around this time!
    Yes, those are an exception
    They'll probably have pseudo-cataphracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    About 3 - those are meant to represent the Saka Paradraya, not Saka Tigrakhauda or the Sarmatians.

@Bull What about the Massagetae? I was under the impression they invented lancers around this time!
    thanks for the information about the sakas

Yes, those are an exception
    They'll probably have pseudo-cataphracts.
    cool

so the saka will have the best cav baced roster in V3 ?

what is going to change about the medians ?
    BOM to Kakabis

what is going to change about the medians ?
    Dunno, apart from their recruitment system.

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Got to agree that the Indians are quite overpowered. They can pretty much conquer all of the subcontinent unhindered, then they have lots of rather safe cities and can focus on destroying all their neighbours! Woe to Bactria But....
    Sounds really promising!

By the way, am I the only one that cracked up at reading the thread title? You know Persian Immortal that if you "light something up" you put something on fire? (you meant: Can someone lighten me up a bit)

I noticed the title thing too, but I can hardly blame TPI; English isn't his first language and neither is it mine.

I'm not blaming him It's just a funny mistake. Nothing wrong with making mistakes of course!

Not saying you did blame him; just telling my own thoughts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinan View Post
    By the way, am I the only one that cracked up at reading the thread title? You know Persian Immortal that if you "light something up" you put something on fire? (you meant: Can someone lighten me up a bit)
    TPI is not from whom you expect correct use of language. And "to lighten up a bit" means to make you feel better/improve one's mood. "Enlighten" is what you need.

TPI is not from whom you expect correct use of language. And "to lighten up a bit" means to make you feel better/improve one's mood. "Enlighten" is what you need.
    Haha, I'll have to agree with you for once Roach. I was doubting about it myself, and you're right. Enlighten it is!
    And I'm not expecting perfect English from persian immortal. It's amazing that someone whose native language is so different from English can still communicate in English. Anyway, seems that we're once again going off-topic. Seems like I am cursed or something. Ah well, at least it gets a little bit livelier here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinan View Post
    Haha, I'll have to agree with you for once Roach. I was doubting about it myself, and you're right. Enlighten it is!
    And I'm not expecting perfect English from persian immortal. It's amazing that someone whose native language is so different from English can still communicate in English. Anyway, seems that we're once again going off-topic. Seems like I am cursed or something. Ah well, at least it gets a little bit livelier here!
    No it is not amazing, since my language is not much closer. Even you are much, much better, and I gather your language is either Arab or Persian.

and I gather your language is either Arab or Persian.
    If Rinan and I have to believe a certain politician, our country is indeed very close to being Arab.

No it is not amazing, since my language is not much closer. Even you are much, much better, and I gather your language is either Arab or Persian.
    I think it's impossible for you to agree with me! xD Anyway, I'm really curious what makes you think I'm either Arab or Persian! Sounds exotic, I like it I'm actually a fellow countryman of Bull. Where are you from if I may ask?

Anyway, I think it is amazing, considering the English of the average French person is dissapointing, according to popular opinion anyway, and I suppose French is the language closest to English! So it's cool that someone from Iran is able to speak a completely different language like English (I don't know how well they teach English in Iranian schools though.). Same for you of course.

If Rinan and I have to believe a certain politician, our country is indeed very close to being Arab.
    Haha, certainly! Even though we don't even have that many Arabs here. Mostly Morrocans and Turks, and especially the latter aren't Arabs (Damn, I hope Roach isn't going to make a discussion out of this one )

guys english is my 4rth language :

#1. local "tabaristanian" persian (who is 100% different from persian)
    #2. persian
    #3. danish (though since it's been a long time I haven't been in denmark and haven't spoked danish since then I can't remmember much now)
    #4. englsih
    #5. arabic (in Iran your forced to learn this ing language from 6th grade)

and unlike europeans that begin learning english from early grades (in denmark they learned englsih form 3rth grade)

in Iran you will start learning englsih in school from 6th grade.

@to cockroach : my language is much much different at least you and the other guys use the same alpha bet , while I have to start from learning A,B,C,D, ect so yes it is much harder for an Iranian I mean does this words look anyways like english الف.ب.ت.پ.ر.ز.ي.س.ع.ق.ص.ه.خ.ن.د.ط.ش.......
    IF you still think that learning english for you is as hard as it's for me.... well..... you're wrong

I don't know how well they teach English in Iranian schools though
    you want to know how well they teach english in schools here ? if you ask me they are tarrible , I'm not saying that I'm very good at english but you really can't find much Iranians (who live in Iran) who speak english better than I do not in this forum at least .

So it's cool that someone from Iran is able to speak a completely different language like English
    thanks for your support bro
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; August 05, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
    BOM to Kakabis