Thread: Gold chevron peasant doomstack - is that normal?

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Gold chevron peasant doomstack - is that normal?

Playing as Danes, I am fighting East Anglia and Wessex. I ruined Eely (left it and they took it back), am besieging their capital and suddenly, an EA army shows up near Danish Lundenwic: 11 units of peasants with 2 gold chevrons, and silver weapon and gold armour upgrades (Att 17, Def 18)

I wonder where they come from, how they got the experience and the upgrades?

Default Re: Gold chevron peasant doomstack - is that normal?

When there's a revolt CTD, the game spawns an army of whatever units are available for the faction the settlement revolts to, and gives them experience, armour and weapon upgrades randomly. usually gold and chilver ones. Nothing we can do about it.

No problem. I was just curious how that went. Glad they didn't have access to thegn or beardsmen or something of that calibre. (Guess that also means that Eely revolted back to East Anglia, they didn't take it back then)

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    When there's a revolt CTD, the game spawns an army of whatever units are available for the faction the settlement revolts to, and gives them experience, armour and weapon upgrades randomly. usually gold and chilver ones. Nothing we can do about it.
    So that's why there are peasant doomstacks in FATW. Those bastards ruined my bling-bling invasion force of Umnar guards, Haradrim archers and riders of the serpent.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    So that's why there are peasant doomstacks in FATW. Those bastards ruined my bling-bling invasion force of Umnar guards, Haradrim archers and riders of the serpent.
    meh, gold peasant doomstacks in FATW?
    just sent some archers, every faction have em

this problem is especially headache for vikings though, for some reasons, they think archery are for pussies , and only available in far far away (although I admit I mod em trainable everywhere)

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

It's ok. Lots of merc archers around, and Ribe is not that far away.