Thread: How do i recruit better units? Help!!!

Default How do i recruit better units? Help!!!

Ok so all i see in the way of recruitment is the mustering hall. I dont know how to get better troops, such as sword danes and huskarls etc. If anyone knows what i need to build to get these please let me know! Thx

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: How do i recruit better units? Help!!!

Once you get to the next settlement level, build a blacksmith and then you can build a hundredmen hall.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Please! Look around before posting!

Thanks, Celtic.
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

you can pretty easily find out in game.. go to building browser, find barracks, right click on the higher lvl ones, and it'll tell you what you need to build to get it

I have a similar question:
    I have built all buildings in Denmark (Hafn, Uppakr, Ripa and Lindholm) for the norse swordman. In the EDB stands that i must have only 70% pagishm for recruit them.
    I can build them in Lindholm and Uppakr but not in Ripa and Hafn and all the other towns. Why is this so? The recruitment buildings in the 4 Towns are the same atm.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Here is the buildings/tech tree:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You can recruit units in the Factional barracks and Regional barracks!
    In the Factional Barrack for the factional units (higher than 70% own culture!!!) and Reginal Barrack for the regional (AOR) units (regional specific units).

... so you need a Hundredman Hall (with Blacksmith), Armourer and Royal Armoury (with Master Blacksmith) for your higher quality faction's specific units!

yesterday i have cheated all buildings to my settlements in Denmark to try it. With 90% Pangishm and all buildings (41k Population/City atm) i can not recruit the norse swordsmen.
    The Ships Busse are also only recruitable in 3Settlements and not in all Denmark settlements. Where i can recruit the Busse i can not recruit the norse Swordsmen... curious...

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by nordstern View Post
    yesterday i have cheated all buildings to my settlements in Denmark to try it. With 90% Pangishm and all buildings (41k Population/City atm) i can not recruit the norse swordsmen.
    The Ships Busse are also only recruitable in 3Settlements and not in all Denmark settlements. Where i can recruit the Busse i can not recruit the norse Swordsmen... curious...
    First build the Blacksmith building, then you will have access to the Hundredmen Hall, which is where you can recruit them.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War