Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diplomatic Mission to Egypt

Default Diplomatic Mission to Egypt

Titus Celatus stepped aboard a ship, bound for Egypt. A 2 weeks later, he was in Alexandria.

He arrived outside the large Palace of Pharaoh Ptolemy XIII, and awaited his audience.
    Last edited by Celsius; August 03, 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Lord Slayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Diplomatic Mission to Egypt

Pharaoh Ptolmey had heard of the Diplomats arrival and had ordered a servant to bring the man to him. He sipped his wine slowly as he read over some reports coming from his sources in the world. Not really good but not bad either. Although He wished he could figure out a way to get rid of his sister as he did not trust her at all. He looked up as his servant bought the messager from Rome to him. The Messager was bought before the Pharaoh in his grand Golden Throne room. All around where servants and his minor wifes doing the day to day work of the empire

" Greetings Diplomat. How may I help you. Why do you come to Egypt ? "
    Melchom Slayer
    21 Years old
    Freeman

The Roman Struggle, a Late Roman Republic RPG.

Blood Runs Deep.
    Fear runs Deeper

Titus bowed, then rose
    "Greetings to you Your Majesty. I see you want to get to the point. That is good as time is something no one should waste."
    He looked at an assistant and the man gave Titus a scroll
    "The Roman Republic wishes to open trade with your Kingdom. It is our believe that our Merchants, as well as yours, would benefit greatly from a Trade Agreement."

Pharaoh Ptolemy Rubbed his beard as he listened to the diplomat. He was not impress by the diplomat at all. He wanted to have this man killed for offering him such terms that would not benefit the empire as a whole. But none the less he was a guest and he will treat him as such. Ptolemey ordered a servant to get the man some wine. He then turned his attention to the diplomat.

" How will this trade agreement benefit the Egyptian empire ?. What will Rome offer us in Exchange for a trade agreement ? "
    Melchom Slayer
    21 Years old
    Freeman

Blood Runs Deep.
    Fear runs Deeper

"We offer gold, as well as Olive Oil, Timber, Cattle, Silver, Wine from the hills of Italia, and even more slaves if you so wish it. If you can name it, our Republic has it, Your Majesty. Egypt will benefit greatly from this, I assure you. More imports into Egypt means more tariffs collected, which means more money for yourself, and your Kingdom as a whole, Your Majesty."
    Titus bowed once more

Pharaoh Ptolemy smiled as he heard of what could be traded. Yes a trade agreement will help him in the long run. It will bring stronger ties between Egypt and Rome. He smiled at that thought. Maybe also he could marry one of his daughters to a Roman official that way the trade agreement will be set in stone so to speak. He looked at the Diplomat.

" I agree with the Trade agreement. Please write it up so that I could sign it and then you can send it back to your senate for Ratification. For all purposes Egypt and Rome are now Trade partners. Let Horus watch over all of us. "
    Melchom Slayer
    21 Years old
    Freeman

Blood Runs Deep.
    Fear runs Deeper

The Pharoh's adviser stepped in

If I may....

He looked sideways to Titus

Oh truly holy one, these Romans lie to thee. They have wealth beyond our wildest imaginations. Their zeal to open Alexandria to them betrays their greed for more. Why should we not profit from this? Let us tax their use of the harbor, perhaps at a rate of 15%...

Pharaoh Ptolemy listened to his Loyal Adviser. Yes that would make them more rich and more able to spend money on infrastructure. Yes that will work also. The Romans want to use the harbor they may but they must also be taxed for it. Indeed the gods did smile on Egypt today.

"
    I agree with my noble Adviser. a 15 Percent tax will be good enough tax for the use of our Harbor. After all we have our own needs for the money. Yes I agree with my Adviser on this one. a 15 percent tax will be added to the Trade agreement. "

He turned towards his Adviser and whispered
    " Do you think it would be wise to raise the price of grain we sell to Rome and to the other nations ?. "
    Melchom Slayer
    21 Years old
    Freeman

Blood Runs Deep.
    Fear runs Deeper

"Indeed Your Majesty. Considering I have never left the peninsula, I had no idea how long it would take to get here, so I wrote the Agreement on my way. All it requires is your signature, and then I shall sign via the power invested into me by Senate Legislation."

Titus gave the parchment to the King:

• The Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt and The S.P.Q.R. mutually agree to open their ports to one another.

• Egyptian Merchants may trade in any Roman City without fear of being forced out.

• Roman Merchants may trade in any Egyptian City without fear of being forced out.

• Trading between the Two partners may begin as soon as both parties have signed.
    "Does this suit you Your Majesty?"
    Last edited by Celsius; August 03, 2011 at 04:44 PM.

"Your Majesty, Rome is not attempting to take advantage of Your Kingdom or its goods. Rome is the largest nation in the world, and just wish to trade peacefully so that others may prosper as well."

Pharaoh Ptolemy looked at the Treaty and went to add something to it.

• The Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt and The S.P.Q.R. agree mutually to open their ports to one another.

• Egyptian Merchants may trade in any Roman City without fear of being forced out.

• Roman Merchants may trade in any Egyptian City without fear of being forced out.

• Trading between the Two partners may begin as soon as both parties have signed.
    • A 15 Percent Tax will be issued for use of the port by the Romans.
    " Does this sound good to you Diplomat ?. We also have needs of our own and it would only be fair if you pay the 15 percent on the port. As we have also to fund some wars and other projects "

Melchom Slayer
    21 Years old
    Freeman

Blood Runs Deep.
    Fear runs Deeper

A most wise addition, my King.

The adviser bowed to his liege and took his place at the Pharoh's side.

"Im afriad 15% may discourage our merchants from sailing from Rome to Alexandria with trade. 10% would be the most I could agree to, Your Majesty. I am not meaning to be rude, but Rome can only agree to something that it finds equal."

Pharaoh Ptolemy rubbed his beard and though it over. Well he could raise the price of grain each year of the trade agreement. He could do that and keep the tax rate at 5 percent. He smiled at that thought and looked over the treaty once more.

• The Ptolemaic Kingdom of Egypt and The S.P.Q.R. agree mutually to open their ports to one another.

• A 10 Percent Tax will be issued for use of the port by the Romans.
    • The price of grain will rise by 1 percent each year for 10 years

" How about these terms Diplomat ? "
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; August 03, 2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Melchom Slayer
    21 Years old
    Freeman

Blood Runs Deep.
    Fear runs Deeper

"This is acceptable Your Majesty."
    Titus took a quill and signed his mark
    "I am glad that both of our nations could make this agreement, and both shall benefit."

Pharaoh Ptolemy took a quill and sighed the trade agreement and looked at the diplomat.

" Let Horus and the gods watch over you Diplomat and let our nations Prosper with this trade agreement "
    Melchom Slayer
    21 Years old
    Freeman

Blood Runs Deep.
    Fear runs Deeper

"Excellent, Your Majesty. Hopefully I will return to this beautiful land in the future."
    Titus bowed
    "May the God Bless you Your Majesty. May you Have a good day along with all the days that follow."
    He bowed once more and began to step back, while still bowing, to leave, as is proper protocol

Pharaoh Ptolemy smiled and turned to look over the daily work that needed to be done in the Kingdom. With the trade agreement with Rome. He should be able to get enough money to fix some buildings and repair some temples to the gods. He smiled as he sipped his wine and went to work. Pleased with the trade agreement
    Melchom Slayer
    21 Years old
    Freeman

Blood Runs Deep.
    Fear runs Deeper

Alexandrian trade port will be open for business in 51 BCE, 10% will be deducted from all revenue.

ooc *ahem* 6% i believe is the right percentage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast