Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Default Re: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

He claimed I was "trained like a dog" and brainwashed as well.

Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

a) I genuinely missed that (maybe because I skim through his posts, not having the patience for a thorough reading of such... interesting content)
    b) Aren't you claiming to be on the logical high ground though?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
    While I don't buy into the creationist argument, it doesn't help Rifleman's cause by resorting to petty insults and calling his god a 'sky fairy'. Ha ha hilarious I know, but it simply makes you look crude and possibly uninformed as you rely on insult more than fact. A perception reinforced by the curious fact you've relied on "But think about it, it's true" and "you believe that because you were told to believe that" as arguments.

Especially when you claim he is brainwashed (I'm only commenting on what Rifleman said, I'm not making a judgement about any person) but you're faith is logical.
    Whose faith is logical?

Quote Originally Posted by total relism View Post
    evolutionist and atheist dawkins says
    "Richard Dawkins begins The Blind Watchmaker with [this statement:] ‘Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose’; whereupon he requires an additional three hundred and fifty pages to show why it is only an appearance of design."—*Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker, p. 1; quoted in W.A. Demski, Signs of Intelligence, p. 23.
    350 pages are needed because certain people just aren't capable of understanding simple principles like selective pressures. Not that they're the kind of people who can be bothered studying ideas which oppose theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by total relism View Post
    know please respond to this and stay on topic please.
    Oh the irony. If it weren't so sad I'd be laughing.

Know: Be aware of through observation, inquiry, or information.
    Now: At the present time or moment: "where are you living now?".

How can you not ing know that. I know thats not a typing mistake, because you do that everytime.

For s sake.

To the next person who debates him:

Insist on proper grammar. His first 3 posts will break that rule, ergo you win easily. Continue until he leaves or develops proper spelling habits. Who knows, maybe then he'll be able to think for himself.
    For Science

"Without Order nothing can exist - without Chaos nothing can evolve"

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

This seems to be the way most things with TR go...

Quote Originally Posted by Icewolf View Post

This seems to be the way most things with TR go...
    Monty Python is funnier.

But basically, yes, its all...

"Yes it is"

"No it isn't."

-2 pages later-

"Oh look, 2 pages is the limit. Goodbye."

Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus

@MoA: Rifleman says:
    Educate Thyself.
    Let me remind you, Christianity is you worshiping a Sky Fairy which says "I love you all, now WORSHIP ME OR DIEEEEEE!!!!!" You're indoctrinated by your parents at birth. Don't give me about "I followed the light of Christ" or "My popcorn told me to" because you didn't.
    I don't care what you say about your God. GIVE ME PROOF OF YOUR GOD! GIVE ME PROOF! This isn't the 4th Century AD were the masses would listen to anyone.
    Stop bombarding me with Bible Quotes and repenting me, stop. Just. Stop. I'm tired of it. Use logical arguments.
    Your belief is means jack. Its all based off of what a little book tells you.
    Your creationist theory is built on what the Church and Bible tell you. AND STOP WITH THE BIBLE QUOTES.
    Because my religion tells me, and it makes much more sense than a Sky Fairy making the Universe.
    A book, try many books. Try common sense. There's a whole world out there once you open your eyes.
    They've established that Evolution is a given fact, as it is just common sense. Evolution isn't based on imagination and Fairy Tails. The Theory of Evolution is based off of the studies of Charles Darwin. The Bible is based off of imagination and fairy tails.
    All these quotes from Rifleman's debate contributions create a perception: He claims he is on the side of logic while total relism is a delusional person who believes in a 'Sky Fairy' and whose beliefs are the product of 'imagination'. I'm not making a comment on anyone's beliefs or their stance on creationism/ evolution; I'm simply pointing out the irony in that Rifleman constantly insinuates his opponent is illogical and brainwashed, while offering no argument or fact beyond
    6 days? Come on mate. Think honestly. Its not possible. Please, Mr. Sky Fairy didn't make the universe in 6 days. Science has proved that the Big Bang did exist. There are still remnants of the blast floating around the universe.
    Hardly the style of a man who admires logic.

TL DR?No evidence, no material beyond one Wikipedia article, no structured argument; simply personal attack and "no that's clearly wrong" and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuniclus View Post
    TL DR?No evidence, no material beyond one Wikipedia article, no structured argument; simply personal attack and "no that's clearly wrong" and that's it.
    Have you tried debating Total Relism? He leaves you unable to make your own argument, since after replying to several pages of quote-spam, you're tired and you want to go to bed. Then, if you half-reply, and say that you'll finish it later, you get more pages, and it piles up.

Besides, I see little wrong with what Rifleman is saying.

RIFLE!!! NOT RIFEL!!!

Reuniclus, you try debating him, you can't make your own argument because its just pointless. You have to read his entire reply, then respond to it, which is tiring, and my desk wobbles when I facedesk.

and evolution is based on imagination and fairy tales with no evidence for it, if you think there is some please present some.
    I will stop qouting the bible when you stop attacking it and lying about it.
    Mutations are when chromosomes duplicate and add copies of genes into the Genome. Extra copies of genes are a major source of the raw material needed for new genes to evolve.
    New genes can be created from an ancestral gene when a duplicate copy mutates and acquires a new function. This process is easier once a gene has been duplicated because it increases the redundancy of the system; one gene in the pair can acquire a new function while the other copy continues to perform its original function.

Source

Ardipithecus fossils, found in Africa, were dated to between 4.32 and 4.51 million years old. Now riflemen you have to prove our dating methods are valid and accurate.

It takes time to break down some of the cut and pastes of TR. I did it once on the EMM thread and of course it was ignored.

No one is going to take the hours to hunt down each quote out of context, or to show that the quote is from some guy in 1910 before we even discovered DNA for pages and pages of cut and paste from creationist websites.

The rules should be simple. Each counter point must be countered directly or 'given'.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Icewolf's Avatar Senator

How about stop letting him create the debate threads? His "rules" leave it open to him. If you create the thread then you can make it inherent that copypasta mountains are not allowed, proper grammar is required, insults are not allowed, and each persons post must be answered in detail with your own words... otherwise you forfeit the debate.

If he fails to comply, then close the thread and ask him to try again until he does, until then no one will debate him no matter how much he wants to.

I have to wonder if TR can make a post that isn't full of quote spam.

anywho, radiometric darting goes under many assumptions and is not proof of anything ill exspalin more when you respond to this
    The fossils were not dated through carbon dating. Good try TR.
    Secondly Radiometric dating is the name of dating techniques. It is not the carbon dating you are referring to, which would not be used to date a fossil known to be older than the possible dating ages.

Source:
    The scientists used argon isotope dating of volcanic materials found in the vicinity of the fossils to estimate their age.
    TR:
    this is gene duplication,witch copies already existing genes, this does not exspalin the origin of the genes. It needs the already fully functinal gene to duplicate this is not upward complexity evolution.
    Once the gene is copied it becomes a redundancy and thus becomes inactive until a use for it can be created. Once the redundancy gene can learn a function or whatever it becomes a new gene which explains the origin of genes itself.

how does evolution explain the origin of biological information or exspalin the origin of biological systems and new functional genes? when all observed mutations do the opposite how can you build up if all we see is tearing down?
    Evolution is the change from one generation to the next obviously beginning with the single cell organism. Duplication after duplication after duplication.

so ill ask another question in return, how do you exspalin the Cambrian explosion? were hugh numbers of fossils appear in the fossil record with no ancestral form of any living thing before?
    Source that. I cant recall when huge numbers of fossils appeared in the fossil record with no ancestral form living before their supposed deaths? Makes no sense?
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; September 02, 2011 at 04:51 PM.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    nm

Don't worry. I understand you.

Quote Originally Posted by total relism
    erosion of continents the continents would have eroded away over 250 times over if they were as old as the evolutionist say.

Does anyone have any idea what that means? How would continents simply "erode away"? What about, you know, volcanoes putting more rock on the surface? What about, you know, plate tectonics pushing up mountain ranges (Himalayas anyone?)? The Earth doesn't stay the same. It never has.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

I edited my post Rahl.

I've requested my debate with him to be locked until he can figure out how to debate properly.

Thats not really cool rifleman.

He doesnt know how to debate then just spam him with facts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast