Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Default creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

Seeing as nobody else bothered to make it, I did. Discussion is here.

---------------------

All I can say is that I'm glad not to be The Rifleman now. That's a lot of text to wade through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

Didnt know there was another debate. Rifleman come on you should of set some ground rules. Rifleman just quit now its not even worth it. You guys cant both present opening posts. You respond to his post and he ignores yours.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; August 03, 2011 at 02:21 PM.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

In my opinion the only people up to actually debating total relism are those that involved themselves heavily in his EMM thread since they know very well his posting style, habits, and arguments. Unfortunately all of those, including myself, don't wish to go through such anguish again.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Rifleman's head just exploded from all the copypasta.

Lord Anubis's Avatar Senator

I can't read that man's posts, it makes my head hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I want to read Akar´s LOTR synopsis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    A wizard and a bloodshot floating eye attempt to begin an age of industry and progress and to rescue the oppressed minority of the goblins/orcs/trolls from the racist human/elf alliance.

I use to skim them now I just scrolled straight past them.

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

He contradicts himself. I skim through the copy pasta, it makes no sense. All the websites are pro-creation, so I can't trust them.

I was considering debating him (He asked) but...his grammar alone would wind up killing me.
    For Science

"Without Order nothing can exist - without Chaos nothing can evolve"

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

I can't see how you could "debate" with that guy. He just seems to make a large composition of sources and quotations to back his premise rather than actually form a logical argument.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

i think total relism is going to win again

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

total relism, seriously. This debate is Creationism vs Evolution. NOT Creationism vs the Big Bang. Stop talking about the Big bang.

Stop with all the quotes too. Most of them mean absolutely nothing. Like this one:
    "Richard Dawkins begins The Blind Watchmaker with [this statement:] ‘Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose’; whereupon he requires an additional three hundred and fifty pages to show why it is only an appearance of design."—*Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker, p. 1; quoted in W.A. Demski, Signs of Intelligence, p. 23.
    You say that because it's all so complex. God did it.
    Just because it's too complex for you to understand, doesn't mean a supernatural being did it.

You also say that organisms can only lose "information", making them a variation or a worse than the first organism. How do you explain this then?

And please fix your grammar and spelling. Your posting style does not help people to take you seriously.

Edit:
    This is probably the best idea anyone ever had:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rifleman View Post
    Last edited by Cahoma; August 04, 2011 at 06:44 PM.

Aha, Thanks mate for that. I thought it would be worth it.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

It's mostly meaningless quotes, text about a whole other thing(Usually the Big Bang or Abiogenesis), and fail.

I made my point across with his constant Copypasta.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Yeah he should stop that too. I know he made it himself and all that, but it's still so long and full of meaningless stuff.
    It would be better if he just posted one argument for why evolution can't be real. One that doesn't involve the origin of anything.

But he can't.

Yes, exactly. He relies on the creationist sites.

Quote Originally Posted by total relism View Post
    A real scientist is searching for truth about nature and not materialistic explanations “
    enzyme expert Dr matti leisola published over 120 papers which have been sited over 1,3000 times in the scientific literature
    "Dr matti leisola published over 120 papers which have been sited over 1,3000 times in the scientific literature"
    "Sited over 1,3000 times"
    "Sited" "1,3000"
    I read this and died inside.
    For Science

"Without Order nothing can exist - without Chaos nothing can evolve"

I've noticed too a lot of his quotes are just people saying random things like "Evolution is bad" or something similar. He posts quotes cause the quote sounds cool but has not relation to the debate. As if we care what someone somewhere said about Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by generalveers View Post
    "Dr matti leisola published over 120 papers which have been sited over 1,3000 times in the scientific literature"
    "Sited over 1,3000 times"
    "Sited" "1,3000"
    I read this and died inside.
    I did too.

Something makes me doubt he's an actual scientist.

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Wow, not another barrage of link bombing.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast