Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

Default Re: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxos View Post
    especially that he doesn't know ANYTHING about math, which makes his statement all the more ridiculous.
    Could be worse. I recall one creationist (won't name names) stating that anything with a 1 in 10,000 chance of occurring is statistically impossible to exist. Which means that certain rare genetic diseases are a conspiracy.

Default Re: creation vs evolution [total relism] vs [the rifelman] Commentary thread

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    Could be worse. I recall one creationist (won't name names) stating that anything with a 1 in 10,000 chance of occurring is statistically impossible to exist. Which means that certain rare genetic diseases are a conspiracy.
    No, they are gods blessing, much like he blessed Job.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    If I were to design a machine that occasionally destroys a part of itself for no reason: that would be a massive design flaw, it would also prove that I'm an idiot.

What does it say about this hypothetical god character?
    Your example is not correct though because that machine would also have the possibility to repair the damage done, just like the human body does to some extent.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    machine would also have the possibility to repair the damage done, just like the human body does to some extent.
    So it is a perfect analogy....hurray.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Darth Red's Avatar It's treason, then

Both participants have mutually agreed to end their debate so with that I am closing this.
    Officially Bottled Awesome™ by Justinian

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456