Thread: The shortcut does not appears!

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Default The shortcut does not appears!

I really like this mod. Looks epic. I have RTW gold edition btw. So I decided to download the mod. I downloaded version 2.2 and patch 2.22. I have Vista, so after I download them, I right click it and press run as administrator. The installer appears. I click continue, and put the destination file (program files/creative assembly/rome total war) and click install. After a few minutes the install is completed (It says something like "RoP has been installed on your computer), but the shortcut does not appears. I also install the patch 2.22 according to the instructions given. But still there is no shortcut. I reinstalled the game like 4 times and I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it countless times (I also downloaded it from several sites). But still no shortcut. So I cant play the game . Any help? Thanks! ^_^

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: The shortcut does not appears!

Try making a shortcut to your RTW.exe, right-click it and press "properties"

In the "target"-line, add
    -mod:ROP
    And then run the shortcut. If it doesn't work, you could've installed it on the wrong place (C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War ?)

Does not works, this is how the shortcut looks "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe"-mod:ROP
    Did I wrote it correctly?

try putting a space between the last " and the - of -mod:ROP
    like this:
    "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:ROP

Wow dude, a Grahams Number (Search Wikipedia to see it...) thanks! The mod now works! I am very happy ^_^. But I still have another small question. Can Europa barbarorum work well with it? A Grahams Number thanks again! ^_^

Yeah, if you take the newest versions of EB (1.0 and its patch, 1.2), they are fully compatible with ROP

O well thanks, I will se if I download it. Also, why there are some factions missing for custom battle? (I think they are the non-playable in campaign). Thanks again!

(I think they are the non-playable in campaign).
    Exactly that. Their unit rosters aren't finished yet, you see. We're trying to finish them in v3

O well thanks a lot again ^_^ I did the lil hack for the factions to play in campaign and I can now use them. The game looks very cool right now. I will be sure to download RoP 3 when it comes out. Good luck ^_^

Tiro

If you want to make more factions playable, please read my post "More contrast on brighter minimap" (September 15 2012).