Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

look this save http://rapidshare.com/share/B6518BFB...0D88E9E81BC377 almost every battle against parthians the game crashes for the first time. i have to open again the diadochi to continue the game.

b0GiaI have check your previous savegame and found no CTD (autoresolve and lose). The mines in Epidamnos cannot be upgraded.The_Judge1.22a hofix: http://rghost.ru/488199881) Perioeki pikemen have not shields. Its just about animation.2) I will fix this in the future patch Thx for reports!

unDa first i would like to ask something else about a future. i see that in DTW instead of rome when upgrade barracks you cannot train all the units of the previous barracks. That feature is for all factions for exable seleucids when they make the Royal barracks the best of all you train these units http://imageshack.us/f/14/owgv.png/ and when you have the Army barracks you can train these units http://imageshack.us/f/32/pof6.png/. Thus when you upgrade to the best barrack you cannot train any more units like deuteroi, classical hoplites, greek cavarly. And when you have City barracks you can train these units http://imageshack.us/f/842/nmdc.png/ and when upgrade to Army barracks you cannot train anymore units like peltastai, pantodapai, slingers and prodromoi. And when upgrade from Militia barracks to Army barracks you cannot train anymore light skirmishers

unDa second for my saves the first with greeks you must fight you the battle to crash and with parthians is not this battle exactly but the entire battles with parthians. Try to continue the campaing for a while and make battles only against parthians to see if crash.

unDa third these units are without unit cards Mercenary Hilmen http://imageshack.us/f/11/v8ee.png/ and Eastern Cavarly Mercenaries http://imageshack.us/f/694/6rm6.png/. Also can you change this unit card of Barbarian Archers to a new one or the old one? i think is very ugly http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/bkyk.png/. And last is there any option to play as Celtic Tribes?

Also i forgot unDa you should change the cooldown of nubian unit that ptolemais recruit from 0 turns to 1 turn like the levy hoplites
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; September 20, 2013 at 04:59 AM.

unDa in the new campaing i have started after the 1.22 a and 1.22 b patches i saw that a unit that was common to seleucid empire and makedonian and was elite the "royal peltastai" has been removed from the game. it was accidentally removed? also i think that the seleucid empire should have a legion style unit like Rome I and the catapfracts should have 54 men no 30 like the other factions parthia, armenia

b0Gia
    What "royal peltastai"? I know only Hypaspistai Agema but they still in units' roster. Stats of Hellenic cataphracts (Seleucid) higher than stats of eastern cataphracts (its a mounted hetairoi).
    About barracks. Your army becomes professional so you cant train much of levy units. Try specialize your settlements.

Yes royal peltastai doesn't exist my fault i was confused it with an other unit Peltastai Makedonikoi (Hellenistic Elite Infantry) http://www.europabarbarorum.com/i/un...heraspidai.gif . Before start playing DTW i was playing eb. About the barracks It's ok with then. With the nubian unit, the unit cards, the saves, the legion type for seleucids and the celtic tribes?

Tiro

to Unda: I receive a "404 page not found" answer when I use your second link for 1.22a.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

the patch 1.22 a is included in patch 1.22 official i think. only the 1.22 b you need

but here is a link if i am mistake to download the 1.22a hotfix http://rapidshare.com/share/01EC99AD...B0E0ACBA2B7D38

@unDa Is there a patch 1.23 coming from your hand as RedFox stated ? <BR>
    <BR>
    If not, can you update the 'Download' thread with the latest downloads or maybe even 1 big overall download ? At the moment it is not clear to me if patch 1.22 holds 1.22a and/or 1.22b.... <BR>
    <BR>
    Thanks in advance: for responding and your great work added to this marvellous mod ! !
    Last edited by Celtoi; October 22, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

you should install 1.22 and 1.22b. the 1.22 a is before 1.22 go live

http://rghost.ru/49899049
    http://rghost.ru/49899259
    I have reupload hotfixes 1.22a and 1.22b.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

After Rome 2 disappointment I came back to Rome TW mods. I like Diadochi, especially its variety of different campaigns.

I have problem with unit level of detail. Units always looks 3d no matter how far they are. So, FPS drops when camera seeing many units. I tried to lower unit quality but didn't worked. Where are 2d unit sprites which should been able to see in far units?
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

|*) Download Cumulative Patch v1.23 (*|
    -) A substantial amount of missing unit cards fixed
    -) Numerous missing textures fixed
    -) Huge unit stat and cost rebalancing accross all factions
    -) Unit formation depths updated to avoid wide formations when playing on Huge unit sizes
    -) Reduced insane AI money bonus to enable crippling their economy. If the AI coffers run negative, they only get +3000 bonus to get them out of recession.
    -) Reduced AI nation wide recruits experience bonus from 3 to 1. When stacked with temples, this gave the AI an unfair edge in unit experience.
    -) AI Unit Quality options in the installer:
    * Default Bonuses +1: (+1exp, +1wep, +1arm, +1mor)
    * Remove Bonuses 0
    * Hard Bonuses +3: (+3exp, +1wep, +2arm, +2mor)
    * Insane Bonuses +5: (+5exp, +2wep, +2arm, +3mor)
    -) Fixed independent Greeks AI formations, which used to be barbarian instead of Hellenic.
    -) Diplomats now spread your culture and are available from third tier settlements. -- Experimental feature.

Additional Notes:

-) Patch v1.23 is cumulative, so it includes all the hotfixes and patches since v1.20. You only need this patch and nothing else to get everything patched.

Great mod! It's very coherent and perfectly done in every detail - music, graphics and gameplay.

However, I have the same problem as CanOmer - there are no 2D unit sprites. I really appreciate battles on huge unit sizes and get a significant FPS drop compared to vanilla RTW. Also, whenever I fight against army with at least one basic parthian eastern infantry unit I get a CTD (everything seems to be ok with other parthian units).

I have waited for years just to place this modification.. and it sure as hell was worth the wait.

The landscape of the map gives off a completely different atmosphere to the game, the units look incredible and heavily detailed and most of all the music.. THE MUSIC! Vangelis and Hans zimmer along with other artists that I am not aware of. The amount of effort required to bring this mod to life is beyond my comprehension. The difficulty of facing the AI on Insane mode is ing nuts, I can't believe how much of a struggle it is to gain some ground, never mind HOLDING it!

Though, with all this said, there is one mighty flaw.. Saved games after a period of time no longer load, the game crashes. This has happened to me when trying to play the Gauls and the Dacians (I'm a barb fan). I also recall the Pyrrhic Wars campaign not loading.

If anyone can enlighten me as to how to resolve this issue, it would be heavily appreciated.

Thank you for this Mod.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Quote Originally Posted by mwro91 View Post
    Great mod! It's very coherent and perfectly done in every detail - music, graphics and gameplay.

However, I have the same problem as CanOmer - there are no 2D unit sprites. I really appreciate battles on huge unit sizes and get a significant FPS drop compared to vanilla RTW. Also, whenever I fight against army with at least one basic parthian eastern infantry unit I get a CTD (everything seems to be ok with other parthian units).
    Did you try turning Unit Detail from "Highest" to "High". RTW engine doesn't use sprites in "Highest" detail. You can manually edit preferences.txt if that helps. Regarding performance vs Vanilla - yes, DTW takes quite a bit more juice to run - the textures and models are of higher quality than vanilla RTW. Of course, all units have proper LODS, so if the unit detail is cranked down a bit, everything should run acceptably

Quote Originally Posted by Thy Empyreal View Post
    I have waited for years just to place this modification.. and it sure as hell was worth the wait.

The landscape of the map gives off a completely different atmosphere to the game, the units look incredible and heavily detailed and most of all the music.. THE MUSIC! Vangelis and Hans zimmer along with other artists that I am not aware of. The amount of effort required to bring this mod to life is beyond my comprehension. The difficulty of facing the AI on Insane mode is ing nuts, I can't believe how much of a struggle it is to gain some ground, never mind HOLDING it!

Though, with all this said, there is one mighty flaw.. Saved games after a period of time no longer load, the game crashes. This has happened to me when trying to play the Gauls and the Dacians (I'm a barb fan). I also recall the Pyrrhic Wars campaign not loading.

If anyone can enlighten me as to how to resolve this issue, it would be heavily appreciated.

Thank you for this Mod.
    First of all - Thanks! This mod was made by hardcore fans for hardcore fans. The idea was no to go over the top and yet deliver a polished grand mod of the game. I think we achieved most of our goals regarding to that. And yes - one of the main mood creators is the excellent soundtrack and specific art direction - we tried to keep it as consistent as possible (well, we tried).

The difficulty - yes, the game is epic in difficulty for hardcore TW players. If you don't want to play in hard-mode, you should disable AI bonuses in the installer. I have tried to balance factions as much as possible to not be pushovers against the player, however some stack spamming may occur. Of course the AI always produces top-quality stacks as an added bonus.

There will probably be another patch sometime soon that somewhat reduces AI stack quality (less royal elites) and makes facing the AI a bit less overwhelming.

Okay, now RTW savegames are notorious for messing up. What I recommend is to save a lot and save hard. I really mean it - train your Ctrl+S hand to hit every once in a while, even if unnecessary. Save before/after/between battles with vigor and also keep a few cycling save games: seleucid0, seleucid1, seleucid2. That way you can always revert if a savefile corrupts.

Some have said that disabling Autosave might help a bit in that regard, so you're welcomed to try that - it should be configurable in RTW/DTW/preferences/preferences.cfg