Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs & Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    Thanks for reporting, will investigate on the crashes.

About the resources icons...if the path is right and the files are there, I don't know why it shouldn't be displayed correctly. Will investigate on this as well.
    Thanks Spartan, let me know what you find. Im looking forward to playing the Seleucids in the Pyrrhus campaign.

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs & Known Issues

Well I must say I'm really stuck with those crashes in PW. Nothing strange happened when I made that campaign almost 3 years ago with ALX.exe, so there must something related to more recent things. Will try if it happens also on other engines.

EDIT: I have found it out, it's caused by the native cultural buildings (barbarian and eastern) when they are in a greek hold settlement. This, of course, makes absolutely no sense since in other campaigns there are no problems.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; September 03, 2011 at 05:13 AM.

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs & Issues

Try to terminate the script manually, then exit and restart. If even this don't work, then I really don't know what you might do...I have always fixed it very easily.
    I have tried everything but in vain. I am afraid I will give up on this mod

I have posted a hotfix for that problem in Pyrrhic Wars in the first page of this thread.

Thanks a lot!

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

Background script problem ended up being faulty ButtonPressed conditional? Pretty sad stuff. Dunno how I failed to miss that.

For the problem in PW, I still have to figure out what's wrong with the trigger at the end of the campaign script. Just removing it fixes the problem but it requires the player to activate the background script. Not much of a deal, afterall...

The story about the advisor before each battle is different. I asked for some help in the modding section, and I was suggested to modify the ButtonPressed trigger. This didn't fix the problem, I fixed it by completely removing the CharacterSelected trigger. Now, the background script needs to be activated by selecting a settlement.

The story about the crashes in PW with the seleucids is even more different. It seems like native eastern colonies cause a CTD whenever a seleucid city with native eastern culture is selected. If the native settlement is removed, the game doesn't crash. This makes no sense, because almost all of the seleucid settlements in WOTD have native eastern culture, and none of them cause trouble.

You could cross check the region ownership in descr_regions.txt for PW and compare them to WOTD. See if anything mismatches there.

it wont let me load any saved campaigns

wazzar 25: Check the first post of this thread. We need more information about the problem. Simply saying "it doesn't work" is not detailed enough.

On a side note I've managed to track down the issue regarding skirmishers easily defeating cavalry.

everytime the loading screen pops up, it seems to glitch. It doesn't effect gameplay, but it's annoying. Like it'll be loading, then it'll go to my desktop screen for a second, then it'll go back to the loading screen a few times.

Do you mean the loading screen when you start the game? The same happens to me, too. Dunno what is caused by, but fortunately it doesn't affect the game.

Do you mean the loading screen when you start the game? The same happens to me, too. Dunno what is caused by, but fortunately it doesn't affect the game.
    It's all loading screens. It doesn't affect gameplay thank god, though it's a major irritation. Maybe it's a problem with the download.. my computer has been known to place things in the wrong file V.V

Hello, i found a mistake in script of diadochi war. When i play the seleucids generals diodotus, herastostenes and others have children events while they don't make party of the royal family. On the contrary, certain members of the family have no children while they have young wifes. Is there an explanation? I don't know if it te case in other campaigns.

Actually, Seleucos had 4 sons, one of which still has to come of age, two are married with two children each and one is married with no children. Governors are married with no children, except for Diodotus who has a son.

So...what's the point? Do you mean that governors have children and family members don't?

In my party, in 300 the 2 last son of Seleucos are married but have no children. Only Antiochus and Demetrius have children.

Indeed, Aristarchus is only married and Cleombrotos still has to come of age.

deathgiver67's Avatar Laetus

I cant get the Imperial campaign to start, when i pick a faction and hit the start button it takes me back to the campaign menu. So right now i am playing the wars of the diadochi campaign and so far i have had no issues with it. Anything i need to do to get the imperial campaign working.

deathgiver67's Avatar Laetus

Never mind i got the imperial campaign to work by running the mod as administrator

Hallo

I´ve also a problem with DTW. Now in DTW 1.2 we can see on the screenshots that there are map changes like here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=471950
    But at every time when i start a campaign, there aren´t changes. I see the old (?) map with errors. That means the "new" regions aren´t at their place where they should be. For example: The city "Pelusium" is in the desert sahara. Deleting and reinstalling aren´t work.

And i had the same problem like deathgiver67 . I had to fix the bugs in descr_strat for every camaign by my own.