Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

Guys i fixed the last errors of DTW, i will update my modpack saturday with the final version.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

b0Gia, that would be interesting, can I use my saved game with that update?

The_Judge, I wonder if I was mistaken. I started a new campaign, still as Seleucids, and got a crash when trying to fight the rebels... but it was a totally different part of the map, with a different general... and I realized something funny: if I click Start Battle with the camera faced away, it stays open, it's once I swing the camera back to the troops, that's when it crashes. Actually I forgot to try the battle without any general...

I changed the name of the Greeks to Peloponnesian League after seeing a little tweek someone had posted about changing faction names; I realize it's not really accurate, though Sparta and Syracuse were apparently buddy-buddy so I figured it would do; I just couldn't stomach there being two Greek factions for some reason.

I like DTW the best of all the mods I've tried which has been practically all of them related to expanding the map eastward; the problem for me with the other two which were very similar: Extended cultures and Extended Greek was the Eastern Kingdoms, how could Indians, Africans, and people in Asian Minor even have known about eachother? I also really liked elephants were put back in Antioch since according to my reading there was a major elephant breedery in that area.

My only criticism is I actually liked the original map texture better which I feel bad saying since obviously someone put a lot of work into this one; anyway it still looks pretty good, just somehow I liked the almost cartoonish look of the original campaign map.

I guess another minor point would be the academies don't seem to be producing too many ancillaries? After a bunch of historical Cynics and so on they seemed to dry up?

Quote Originally Posted by hellenisticfan View Post
    b0Gia, that would be interesting, can I use my saved game with that update?

The_Judge, I wonder if I was mistaken. I started a new campaign, still as Seleucids, and got a crash when trying to fight the rebels... but it was a totally different part of the map, with a different general... and I realized something funny: if I click Start Battle with the camera faced away, it stays open, it's once I swing the camera back to the troops, that's when it crashes. Actually I forgot to try the battle without any general...

I changed the name of the Greeks to Peloponnesian League after seeing a little tweek someone had posted about changing faction names; I realize it's not really accurate, though Sparta and Syracuse were apparently buddy-buddy so I figured it would do; I just couldn't stomach there being two Greek factions for some reason.

I like DTW the best of all the mods I've tried which has been practically all of them related to expanding the map eastward; the problem for me with the other two which were very similar: Extended cultures and Extended Greek was the Eastern Kingdoms, how could Indians, Africans, and people in Asian Minor even have known about eachother? I also really liked elephants were put back in Antioch since according to my reading there was a major elephant breedery in that area.

My only criticism is I actually liked the original map texture better which I feel bad saying since obviously someone put a lot of work into this one; anyway it still looks pretty good, just somehow I liked the almost cartoonish look of the original campaign map.

I guess another minor point would be the academies don't seem to be producing too many ancillaries? After a bunch of historical Cynics and so on they seemed to dry up?
    Not save game compatible like every update.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

I see. Well, either way, I'll check it out when you put out.

Tiro

Why would people from Northern Africa, Asia Minor and India have no notion of each other? They all bordered Persia, the Empire of Alexander the Great or the Seleucid Empire.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

It just seemed implausible to me that these peoples could have one ruling family when I saw it in Extended Greek and Extended Cultures, so I was happy when I saw Diadochi mod had removed Eastern Kingdoms; how could a man in Turkey's son appear in Indian, then his cousin in Africa and so on; just my attitude.

My final version of my modpack released. I don't have any plans to add any extra, just this version to be playable and bug free.

Icon4 Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

Sorry if someone has already posted this (I couldn't find it), but I noticed some strange bug that almost ruined my Baktria campaign. I was out on an expendition [Rant]Which was incredibly difficult since the Seleucid AI gets Argyraspisdai and Pezheteroi since turn 1[/spoiler] and I left a strategically important city to siege some Parthian town. After my turn ended, I noticed a small but elite Seleucid force approaching said town. I wasn't too concerned, considering that my main force wasn't too far away, until I saw that their force assaulted the town. I naturally assumed that a spy opened the gates for them. I was wrong. The Seleucids had a ram, and all of my city gates were closed. The town was never sieged. Even if it was, the garrison would have lost a couple of troops, but they didn't. Seleucids got a battering ram within 0 turns. This is either a feature that I have missed, or a really trollish glitch.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(P.S: I still won the battle )

well, i surely tolerated more than a couple of glitches, but after a bridge battle on the campaign map turned out to be a mountain battle, i uninstalled. good luck for the rest of you, you'll need it

ΒΒ

Diadochi Modpack v2

Excellent mod, really, i found it some few months ago and just can't stop playing! I installed the 1.23 version (guess to be the last one) and I have seen that, in pyrrhic wars campaign map, playing as the Attalids, the game crashes after conquering the city right North-West of Pergamum, this does not happens with other cities yet; It happens every single time anyways, it also happened in earlier versions.
    Also, I've seen that in campaign maps, it's impossible to recruit Companions, as the bactrians, and cataphracts as the attalids, both are great units indeed, I guess this is the same problem used to be in older versions with thessalian cavalry.
    Is there any way to make all general's units to be elite, for example, Hetairoi bodyguard in epirot campaign? I just thought that would bring a little more balance to the gameplay, in epirot and bactrian campaigns, as you are bombarded with powerful enemies from almost the beginning.

The game is great, an all new face to that classical game that RTW is, just an excellent work. Sorry for my bad english though!

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

After two or three days playing the game without any problem, now I get CTD when I'm trying to load the imperial campaign (I'm playing as the Attalids) and it says "RTW BI stopped working". Why?

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

My friend Viktor found a bug after the 165 turn. Its have CTD without reason and its can`t be decided. He is asking about newest fix for this mod.

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

When I Try To Launch The Game, It Says Something Along The Lines Of "Generic Error: Skeleton fs_s3 Not Found", I Can Check If You Want The Exact Error Message.

Yes, this exactly. I click the icon, the game starts, then this error message, I click okay, CTD. Windows 10, I have RTW Gold Steam Edition, so includes RTW and BI but not ALX.

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs & Issues

Having trouble with sound and music for the mod. Downloaded mod multiple times, and everytime I start up, it works, but there is no sound or music.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112