Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Diadochi - TW: Bugs, Known Issues & Hotfixes

Report any bugs & issues regarding Diadochi - TW v1.20 and later. Please also read the FAQs in the download thread.

This post will also serve to list known issues, so please read it before reporting anything. To write a bug report, use the following bug report form (text in italic serves as an example):

Bug Report Form
    -) Campaign: Imperial/turn 23
    -) Engine: RTW/BI/ALX
    -) Faction: Macedon
    -) Issue: CTD (crash to desktop) / BUG (missing textures, descriptions, etc.) / Other
    -) Description: The advisor thread pops up before every battle, no matter which faction I play against.

Known Issues v1.20
    -) The advisor thread pops up before every battle - Fixed
    -) Can't save\load in Pyrrhic Wars campaign - Fixed (thanks to Oberbefehlshaber)
    -) The game crashes when certain settlements are selected - Fixed
    -) Ptolemaic Late Generals and Parthian Companions not having shield values - Fixed
    -) CTDs when selecting certain settlements in the Pyrrhic Wars campaign - Fixed
    -) Thessalian Cavalry not recruitable in Thessaly- Fixed

These hotfixes will of course be present in an eventual future patch.

After appying the attached files, download and apply also this fix.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; March 24, 2013 at 09:00 AM.

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Bugs & Issues

Just wanted to let you know about my reported issue with missing trade routes in the other bug thread - seems if you add the grain import to the queue and use the process_cq cheat, it erases all trade routes for that city. So, nothing to worry about and easily fixed .

Good to hear that..

On another good note. It seems this thread is awfully quiet, meaning the v1.20 Full release was a complete success! Though, I must admit, a more cynical view on the situation would mean nobody even downloaded it. I was never that much of a pessimist though...

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

Playing with Epirus is too hard lol.

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Re: Diadochi - TW: Release v1.20 Full

There seems to be an CTD every time I play the Pyrrhic wars campaign, every time after I finish the battle of Asculum I get kicked out. Never tried as the Romans though.

I moved your post to this thread to keep bug reports together in one thread.

Anyway, I will investigate on it. Does the game crash only after you play it or also if you autoresolve it? And which engine are you playing with? RTW\BI\ALX?

Edited by RedFox: It seems that, perhaps we will need to form a bug report sheet that gives enough information to solve the issue.
    Last edited by RedFox; August 09, 2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Extra info.

Ace_General's Avatar Praeses

Alright, so i played the last version on steam with a little trouble but I figured it out basicly making the dtw .exe the launch address in steam

But with 1.2 the old address doesnt work and there is no exe, only a shortcut nor could i find instructions to get it running

what I am thinking is that there is something to do with dtw being mod foldered

If someone could help me out that would be great
    Low speed, High Drag

There shouldn't be any difference between the last version and 1.2. Have you tried the suggestions in the FAQs? Neither me or RedFox have ever used a Steam version, so we had no change to properly test what to do.

I just downloaded this mod, I have original RTW, not Barbarian Invasion or Alexander, I downloaded it and then unzipped it, but how do I run it? (I unzipped it in just a new file I made on my hard drive because I didn't know where else to put it)

This is an installer, not a self-extracting archive. Run it instead of extracting the contents.

Thank you!

I was playing Imperial Campaign as Rome, and I besieged Croton, the next turn I assaulted it and my game crashed. RTW engine

When did it crash? Before, during or after the battle? Please be more precise..

It crashed right after I hit the assault button it crashed, didn't go to the loading screen or anything

@ TheMacchiavelli: I tested the battle and it works both with Rome and with Epirus. It's very likely to be a classic RTW post-battle crash.

@ HorseArcher: tried and played with no troubles. Do you remember which units you and the besieged army had?
    Last edited by Spartan 666; August 12, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

It was the army that fought at the Battle of Asculum, if that's the first battle as Rome, the only difference was I had a different general, and maybe one or two new skirmishers
    Oh and the army was completely retrained

Of the besieging army I do not remember... It was a bunch of hoplites and a general... and maybe some type of missal unit.. but I cant remember EXACTLY what they had and how much they had of it....
    Last edited by HorseArcher146; August 13, 2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Adding other army info...

Well it was just to know if it involved any of the AoR units introduced in this release. But I think that's not the case, it's likely to be a random ctd. Have you tried to play it again?

Congrats for this mod! I am really looking forward to playing it!
    I have one issue though.
    I started a Pyrrhic wars campaign with the Greek cities and I cannot save. Is this normal?

@ Spartan 666 No, I forgot to save the campaign before the battle And after I play a campaign and lose it to a crash, it demoralizes me for a while, so it'll be a while before I'm going to play as
    Rome again. Though I am doing a Dacia campaign... AND luckily before I went to war with Thrace for the second time.. I saved it... So now I didn't lose everything when it crashed taking there one of there cities.. And I doubt it was the mod.. RTW randomly crashes alot ... I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the mod.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast