Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: video with flying units and all.

  1. #1
    leo.civil.uefs's Avatar nis que va bruxo!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,010

    Default video with flying units and all.

    That video contain lots off stuff that we all TATW should take a look

    Flying units quality looks cool.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htYkl...layer_embedded

  2. #2
    Jean=A=Luc's Avatar Jean-Snow
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,132

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    We know about it, it's been talked about a dozen times already.

  3. #3
    alreadyded's Avatar Work up a #6 on 'em!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    On another blue world
    Posts
    2,155

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    I have never seen or heard about that video before (probably because I have no interest in CoW), those units look like they need A LOT of work though. Not what I would call quality, but a nice start to quality. Call of Warhammer seems like such a silly little universe after watching that video, everything is so drastically (to put it lightly) different from everything else. What is the point of posting that here though? TATW already has four leg and flying animations made by your's truly, so why use the CoW ones that do not look or probably work as good from what I could tell from the video? Maybe someday they will be great, but they still look like a serious WIP to me.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 02, 2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Perillicious Third Age & Fourth Age Campaigns

  4. #4
    Aquilifer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    A flying creature animation is not that hard to make, the question is if they are actually "flying", so that they can go over other units and buildings and can't be attacked by melee units on the ground. Has that already been figured out by the community?

  5. #5
    smoesville's Avatar Pili Posterior
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,792

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maegfaer View Post
    A flying creature animation is not that hard to make, the question is if they are actually "flying", so that they can go over other units and buildings and can't be attacked by melee units on the ground. Has that already been figured out by the community?
    I'm not actually sure it will ever be possible, the engine just isn't built for it. It's like the last installment of Dawn of War where they got a new developer to make it because the originals wouldn't put planes etc in because they knew it wouldn't work.
    That Which is Written, Survives|The Last Kingdom |U Nill Faction Submod

    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

  6. #6
    alreadyded's Avatar Work up a #6 on 'em!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    On another blue world
    Posts
    2,155

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    I'm not actually sure it will ever be possible, the engine just isn't built for it.
    The unit thing is easy, the building thing is a bit harder. But I have actually seen my flying units fly over walls the very few times I used/faced them in siege battles, I haven't pinpointed what changes I made that correlate with it but it is definitely possible. Nothing is impossible, some things just are not worth the time and effort required though. I haven't had time to properly work on it though, and I doubt I will with all the other things I already have on my plate.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 02, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Perillicious Third Age & Fourth Age Campaigns

  7. #7
    KingLeonidas300's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    If flying units were available i wouldnt be a fan, having to chase around a flying unit everywhere just wouldnt do it for me.

  8. #8
    Russian Gondor's Avatar Minecraft TWC PVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,546

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I have never seen or heard about that video before (probably because I have no interest in CoW), those units look like they need A LOT of work though. Not what I would call quality, but a nice start to quality. Call of Warhammer seems like such a silly little universe after watching that video, everything is so drastically (to put it lightly) different from everything else. What is the point of posting that here though? TATW already has four leg and flying animations made by your's truly, so why use the CoW ones that do not look or probably work as good from what I could tell from the video? Maybe someday they will be great, but they still look like a serious WIP to me.
    CoW has some of the best modders and is one of the best mods out there with the some of the most high quality work. I am disgusted by your post.

  9. #9
    KnightsTemplar's Avatar Chugen
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,929

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Theres 'magic attack' included...... lol
    Aure entuluva!

  10. #10
    leo.civil.uefs's Avatar nis que va bruxo!
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,010

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    The unit thing is easy, the building thing is a bit harder. But I have actually seen my flying units fly over walls the very few times I used/faced them in siege battles, I haven't pinpointed what changes I made that correlate with it but it is definitely possible. Nothing is impossible, some things just are not worth the time and effort required though. I haven't had time to properly work on it though, and I doubt I will with all the other things I already have on my plate.
    No one is talking about taking the units from COW and implement in TATW, its just for showing people that things are possible.

    You got units to fly over buildings?!?!

    Seriously?

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Kid Stein's Avatar Munifex
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I have never seen or heard about that video before (probably because I have no interest in CoW), those units look like they need A LOT of work though. Not what I would call quality, but a nice start to quality. Call of Warhammer seems like such a silly little universe after watching that video, everything is so drastically (to put it lightly) different from everything else. What is the point of posting that here though? TATW already has four leg and flying animations made by your's truly, so why use the CoW ones that do not look or probably work as good from what I could tell from the video? Maybe someday they will be great, but they still look like a serious WIP to me.
    ... What? Is the universe of LOTR silly? Are Elves not drastically different when compared to Orcs? Are Men not drastically different when compared to Dwarves? Ents and trolls? Hobbits and goblins? And that's just a few examples. You can take it even further and compare how different men of Gondor are from men of Dale. Or how different elves of Lorien are from elves of Lindon. Etc etc.

    I think the quality AND the animations are well done. I get that you're partial to your own work, but that's no reason to criticize another modder. Before you say it, it wasn't constructive criticism. If that was your intent, you would tell the modder directly. Overall, I took your post as a bash against another modder while trying to protect/elevate your own work. Not cool.

  13. #13
    Belkar's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Stein View Post
    ... What? Is the universe of LOTR silly? Are Elves not drastically different when compared to Orcs? Are Men not drastically different when compared to Dwarves? Ents and trolls? Hobbits and goblins? And that's just a few examples. You can take it even further and compare how different men of Gondor are from men of Dale. Or how different elves of Lorien are from elves of Lindon. Etc etc.

    I think the quality AND the animations are well done. I get that you're partial to your own work, but that's no reason to criticize another modder. Before you say it, it wasn't constructive criticism. If that was your intent, you would tell the modder directly. Overall, I took your post as a bash against another modder while trying to protect/elevate your own work. Not cool.
    Well said mate.

  14. #14
    alreadyded's Avatar Work up a #6 on 'em!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    On another blue world
    Posts
    2,155

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Wow, some of you guys may have taken what I said all wrong. All I meant was the four leg and flying animations from that video need a lot more work, everything else looked great. I am not bashing his work (I don't even know who he is), or promoting mine, just saying that KK (not me, it has nothing to do with me) will probably not want to use it because it is no better than what TATW already has (the wolf running animation looks just like the current warg ones in TATW so why swap it out?). I honestly don't care what any of you think of my work, or whether you or anyone uses it or not. I made my stuff for me and to better myself and I hope whomever made the work above was smart enough to do the same. I didn't mean to offend him, I was just stating what I saw from the video. Since when did honesty become the same thing as cruelty anyway? I don't even want my units to be in TATW, but KK asked me and I have used a bunch of his work in the past so how could I say no to someone so nice and helpful? Finally, it is not like I went to his work thread and posted this, this is a discussion about adding them to TATW (I guess, I did ask) and was written with that in mind.

    As for the Cow universe... get over yourself, all I said was it is drastically different to me, as it should be because I know nothing about it! From the video I saw cowboys, undead, orcs, bear riders, etc... all in the same world, that is drastically different to what I am used to. The silly little universe comment applies to all fictional works, because that is exactly what they all are... a silly little made up universe.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 03, 2011 at 02:09 AM.
    Perillicious Third Age & Fourth Age Campaigns

  15. #15
    Belkar's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Wow, some of you guys may have taken what I said all wrong. All I meant was the four leg and flying animations from that video need a lot more work, everything else looked great. I am not bashing his work (I don't even know who he is), or promoting mine, just saying that KK (not me, it has nothing to do with me) will probably not want to use it because it is no better than what TATW already has (the wolf running animation looks just like the current warg ones in TATW so why swap it out?). I honestly don't care what any of you think of my work, or whether you or anyone uses it or not. I made my stuff for me and to better myself and I hope whomever made the work above was smart enough to do the same. I didn't mean to offend him, I was just stating what I saw from the video. Since when did honesty become the same thing as cruelty anyway? I don't even want my units to be in TATW, but KK asked me and I have used a bunch of his work in the past so how could I say no to someone so nice and helpful? Finally, it is not like I went to his work thread and posted this, this is a discussion about adding them to TATW (I guess, I did ask) and was written with that in mind.

    As for the Cow universe... get over yourself, all I said was it is drastically different to me, as it should be because I know nothing about it! From the video I saw cowboys, undead, orcs, bear riders, etc... all in the same world, that is drastically different to what I am used to. The silly little universe comment applies to all fictional works, because that is exactly what they all are... a silly little made up universe.
    It's a fantasy universe. If only Humans were in it than it wouldn't be a fantasy universe. And btw there are no "cowboys" in Warhammer

  16. #16
    KnightsTemplar's Avatar Chugen
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,929

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belkar View Post
    It's a fantasy universe. If only Humans were in it than it wouldn't be a fantasy universe. And btw there are no "cowboys" in Warhammer
    When I saw the 'skull' thingy, (actually a Jolly Roger?) and I though indead, dreadknights???
    But there's already undead shown! When the camera goes a bit down, I saw GUNS.
    GUNS! And pirate-like dudes! WTF?

    You got undeads, you got goblins, orcs, elves maybe, something.
    But hey, now guns? Seriously what kind of style is this.
    Some dude still stick to big shiny sword and plate, some got bows and thing.
    But then someone come up with big guns???
    This doesn't make up well.
    Aure entuluva!

  17. #17
    Ikko-Ikki
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    And btw there are no "cowboys" in Warhammer


  18. #18
    Noobio's Avatar Equites
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,620

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    i love warhammer...it's based ,as all fantasy worlds ,on Tolkien but i has it's own distinct character and it's perfect for video games!!!
    ...the whole setting is really over the top ,but that in my opinion only adds to the whole thing

    it has a good dose of humour too...some things may seem pretty stupid to some people though (kinna like some certain units concepts) BUT certainly not the guns!!!!!!
    gunpowder is essential to some factions (most are of the same culture) warfare...hangunners and cannons of the empire (and a bit less for the dwarfs) are their life-jacket against the massive ork and chaos hordes

    you gotta play it to get it ...playing namco-bandai's "marc of chaos" or "battlemarch" or the Call of Warhammer (maybe just custom battles cause the campaign is a bit particular for newcomers) will convince you...

    it's a fantasy world started as a game not literature ,so to each their own


  19. #19
    Jean=A=Luc's Avatar Jean-Snow
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,132

    Default Re: video with flying units and all.

    Should've closed this as soon as I saw it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •