Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Units you want to see return

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default Units you want to see return

Ok, not a faction disscusion, simply units you loved in MTW.

Highland Clansman-even with scotland a faction, I hope this will be a regional unit. It was always much fun to rasie large armies of Scots and cursh Europe under my heel, while the motherland simply increased its economy.

Viking Era stuff: The vikings and viking landsmen are a must have. The vikings may be comming out of date, but they are still fun as hell to use!

Slav Spearmen: I know you slavs want more than this crapped down unit, but gameplay wise, it proved a good garrisoning force in the east over the usual peasants.

Knights Templar: Nuff said really, this guys are simply gods among men.

Ca make some steppe nomad units(Cumans, pechengs etc) and I will be happy!

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

_GunneR_'s Avatar Civis

Well i liked the ottoman cavalry great archers and decent in hand to hand. chilvalry sergeants and those gothic units were untouchable!!! i loved those guys.

It's hard enough for me to remember my own opinions without remembering my reasons for them.
    CyberNations - The Best Internet Game Ever!

id really love to see the byzantine royal axemen people, forgot what they're called, some latin name, but they're awesome

Quote Originally Posted by XenoOGear
    id really love to see the byzantine royal axemen people, forgot what they're called, some latin name, but they're awesome
    The Varangian guard, made up of mostly swedish vikings in the beginning, later from other parts of northern europe. Thats the unit I want see as well.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

English Longbowmen - Once you get these guys up on city walls, it'll be total ownage.

Ghazi Infantrymen - These were my favorite shock troops in MTW. They often fight to the last man.

Armenian Heavy Cavalry - They were weak in a long, drawn out melee, but excellent all-around cavalry.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

MoROmeTe's Avatar For my name is Legion

Italian Infantry and Gothich knigts... total battlefield dominance...

In the long run, we are all dead - John Maynard Keynes
    Under the patronage of Lvcivs Vorenvs
    Holding patronage upon the historical tvrcopolier and former patron of the once fallen, risen from the ashes and again fallen RvsskiSoldat

Civitate

helberdiers, they were amazing at killing knights, even those hard as nails Royal knights.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Italian infantry(I always bought them when they were available as mercs, very good meatwalls) and some of the viking units(for the early era).

swiss pikemen, katapharaktoi, and others. that's all i can come up with atm
    Horse Archers = GOD

I really loved janisary heavy infantry,i think that only varangian guard can beat these guys

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

Good post. I'd love to see Ghazi infantry back. They were no super-units by any means. They were just so touching with their fantacism, little axes and headbands...

Also the Varangian guard. They continued rocking the battlefield.

The Bulgarian archers, can't remember the name, were excellent skirmishers as well as melee-units.

VIKINGS! The Danes and the whole game wouldn't be the same without Huscarls. Here's hoping they're in, they're mean and available as mercs.

How about the horsemen from Lithuania (name?) great hardy troops that rocked the early game.

EDIT: forgot about the Swabian swordsmen!

It'd be a mayor downer if these troops aren't in the game. Vikings and ghazis, CA. Vikings and ghazis!
    Last edited by smoke; March 28, 2006 at 02:15 PM.
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

Vicarius

Everything viking influenced. No one is better at raiding than the good ol' vikings
    Member of S.I.N.

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

something similar to the kensai from Shogun. something unstoppable

The Bulgarian archers, can't remember the name, were excellent skirmishers as well as melee-units.
    Bulgarian Brigands.

Billmen I can't wait to see return, Halberdiers, but with good morale!

Byzantine Infantry. Those guys were great, they could have used more morale, but a unit of 100 with good armour and a decent attack can't be sniffed at.

Almohad Urban Militia! Those guys were so good!

Gottskalk's Avatar Libertus

Definetly Swabian swordmen! damn i loved those guys! Heh was also going to say Bohemian bowmen but realized that they were only in the xl mod for medieval 1. They were a nice addition though as i found Swabian swordsmen + Bohemian bowmen army a fun force.

Hohenstaufen's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Units you want to see return

Waiting for those pike walls of swiss pikemen....
    ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ

Billmen + Longbowmen = Dead Frenchmen
    I'm extremely confident longbowmen will be back anyway.
    Speacial mention to Galloglasses and Lancers.

Bulgarian brigands (?) or archers ? They were like a very fast moving and good shooting archers, forgot the exact name for them, they were like the equalent of rome time- cretian archers, they could be bought as mercenaries in MTW or built after annexing Bulgaria

Hungarian jobbagy, cheap units (peasants) but with the capability of some skirmishing, fast moving and higher morale than other peasants.

Teutonic knights, my favorite heavy cavalry, despite they didn't get their TLC as well as they should in MTW, they were a force to reckon with in RL.

Spanish cavalry - I beleive they were light but capable skirmisher cavalry in MTW, used javelin missile but they were rated higher in meele than other light cav such as horsearchers, I used them frequently against the almohads.

Byzantine cataphracts. Now those were the real "cats" far more heavier than any cavalry ever known before or after, pretty much like the steam-rollers of the medieval times.

Swiss pikemen (billmen), pretty much the best of all pikemens, they were capable of stopping any cavarly to dead-stop.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Byzantine infantry- lovely all rounders

Kataphractoi - heavil armoured steamroller of a unit

Longbowmen - best archers ever

Billmen - lovely little unit

Spanish Lancers - another heavily armoured cavalry unit

Teutonic Kinghts/Knight Templars - i just loved the crusader units

Janissary - all the janissary units
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Yea more Crusader units such as the Templars and of course the Hospitallars, hell they deserve to be included solely on being the only crusader military order still in existance.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast