Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aztecs Should Be Put In Expansion Along With History Of Colonial America. Agree?

Default Aztecs Should Be Put In Expansion Along With History Of Colonial America. Agree?

Ditch them for M2TW. But include them and the history of colonial america in an expansion. It could be called The New World Invasion (names not important right now) and it starts with the English, French, Dutch and Spanish landing on the eastern part of the new world and to the south will be the aztecs. Colonising of America and it will go on from there through the revolution and end with the civil war. If i knew more about american history i would go into further detail but thats the basics of it. So only Europe in M2TW and only America in expansion

Better than what they are planning at the moment dont you agree?
    Last edited by westy159; March 27, 2006 at 04:10 PM.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

It would be very tough to implement the Civil War and the Industrial Revolution in the TW series. For one thing, people would have to deal with many more features, and the armies became exponentially larger. Relationships with the Indian tribes would also become a major factor. I don't think it's possible at this point.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

well... its a good idea, but it wouldnt work well with the game because the game is still based on, or should be, midievil warfare. that style of fighting is not used to 'win' the americas. that why i think include the aztecs in the first place will make fighting a bit wierd. alot more guerilla tactics were probably used during fighting in the americas because of smaller numbers, and the inconviniece of running in even line straight into a hail of bullets when you were at a numerical and/or technological dissadvantage. Unless ai tactics and gameplay is quite modified for the americas, i would really want to play there.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I like it as it is now.
    Having to explore America and fight the aztecs is something I'm looking forward to and is something that will keep the game alive in the later stages.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; March 27, 2006 at 04:54 PM.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

The societal changes that accompanied the Industrial Revolution would also completely remove the "Medieval" part of MTW2. Steam power, coal, improved communications (like the telegraph) and the democratization of politics would make it a totally different game. Leave MTW2 as it is now.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Well i think its a great idea! Who knows, they might make an office expansion pack for america, i dont see why not. Also the Americal civil war or war against england would be good. i doubte CA would go into gun powder units just yet, i think they will wait for the next major TW game to intoduce them, & if they were to do that, they would cover the Nepolionic wars, they would be crazy if they didnt!

Ulf's Avatar Ordinarius

thats a pretty good idea. If there were to include the Aztecs in the just the expansion, then the entire expansion should be centered around the natives. and your goal would be to repulse the better equipped, gold loving, metal wearing gods from the east. rather than conquering the natives
    Thank you for reading this assuredly fantastic post.

Nope, this adds depth to the game. I do not want a mere graphics upgrade from mtw. If you don´t like the idea of expansion you can stay in Europe. Easy as that.

As for me I am quite happy with what CA are planning regarding the Aztecs, regardless of popular opinion.
    To me they make for an extended, varied campaign, so I feel that I am getting a bigger, more packed game for my money!

I think CA because they have released a medieval game before, are trying to offer us something abit more than just an up to date remake by adding some Aztec spice to it.

I think everyone should just move on from the aztec thing and just wait and see.

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

i think they shouldn't have used the Aztec idea, and should have concentrated on expanding the map east to Asia. Besides, weren't the aztecs pathetically weak compared to the Europeans? (I'm no historian, correct me if I'm wrong)

i thought god should know everything........... but uh, yeah i guess you are right, the only thing is that there would probably be a lot more aztecs in the begining than europeans.

didn't know God was Welsh either, did you. God forgets things sometimes...

well the game is primarily about europe and a big part is the vatican and at the time also a even huger part was the crusade and also the new world. So i think the new world adds into the religous system ( i expect the pope to ask u to convert the heretics of the new world).
    Also i expect the journey time for the new world to be long, so it will not just be a race of the majour powers to travel to these lands but raise massive armys to fight the people of the new world. This also add a deeper layer to the game where the player will need to not just try and send troops to the new world but deal with his empire at the *old* world.

and shouldn't there be any more factions in America? I'm pretty sure it wasn't just Aztecs there. And iif the Aztecs are a playable faction, what do they do? Prepare themselves for the Europeans?

Final Frontier's Avatar Just roaming around

Quote Originally Posted by God
    and shouldn't there be any more factions in America? I'm pretty sure it wasn't just Aztecs there. And iif the Aztecs are a playable faction, what do they do? Prepare themselves for the Europeans?
    Perhaps they will be unplayable, and the other lands will just have rebels controlling them. Though I'd imagine it would be possible for a person to mod them so they were playable, and then the player would have nothing to do. Let's just hope that CA doesn't make them alone on that landmass, so the Europeans can come and see that the Aztecs control all of the Americas.

Happiness is a warm gun... | "Only a life lived for others is worthwhile." -Albert Einstein
    Bang bang, shoot shoot...19| Under the patronage of therussian
    | "I couldn't resist."

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Aztecs will be alone since CA has no other american faction and that's why you will not be able to play them.
    Of course you can mod it but if you do then prepare for a boring time since you can't travel across the ocean and you have to wait a long time before facing powerful enemies.
    The rest of the american provinces will probably be occupied by the rebel faction so it is possible that the Aztecs will rule the entire area by the time you get there.

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

Quote Originally Posted by Swe_gamer
    Nope, this adds depth to the game. I do not want a mere graphics upgrade from mtw. If you don´t like the idea of expansion you can stay in Europe. Easy as that.
    I hope it's that simple...
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

Foederatus

can I attend you on the fact that the new world was found and conquered in the 15th and 16th century. The industrial revolution was at 1850.

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

Quote Originally Posted by Deras
    can I attend you on the fact that the new world was found and conquered in the 15th and 16th century. The industrial revolution was at 1850.
    So what?
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast