Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Consulate of Sophus and Scaeva - 484AVC

High Flying Dwarf's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Consulate of Sophus and Scaeva - 484AVC

Marcus Sergius Lucanus stands and applauds Merula for his speech and begins his own.

"A fine speech Marcus! Know that I, Marcus of the Sergii, pledge my support for you as our next consul, I believe you are a fine noble man who will help Rome immensely!

Noble senators, in my time in this house I have made a number of new acquaintances and allies who I greatly appreciate. However, for the first time I shall be facing against some of you in the election for Quaestor. I do this with the utmost belief that I am the right man for Rome in the current economical climate.

Our current Quaestor, Caldius, has done well in stabilising our economy after the Punic War and income is slowly pouring into our republic. But we must not simply settle for 'Good enough', we must strive on and increase our turnover so that we might improve the infrastructure of our territory and the effectiveness of our army.

My friend, our noble consul Scaeva has already pledged to support me, as I support him in his bid for Praetorship, and I implore you senators, for the good of Rome, to vote for me so that we might enjoy a long and prosperous future for our republic!"

Lucanus smiles as some of his more vocal supporters in the Senate cheer for the prospective Quaestor, and he takes his seat oncemore
    I JUST WANTED TO GO INTO SPACE!
    You Are The Senate

Marcus Sergius Lucanus, 34, Patrician

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Spurius applauded, exagerating the motion, making it a visual gesture instead so he would be noticed over the chatter and background noise of the senate. The same group of men that applauded him began cheering loudly too.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Flavius was still deep in sleep, oblivious to all this, but some who sat near him might have heard the words

"in dwarf"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Flavius wakes swiftly, and sees the polling already starting

"Dear senators" he says, speaking with gusto, "Would you make an dwarfish, unimportant, inexperienced man your new Quaestor? Quaestor is a position for esteemed officials, who have served in the senate for a couple years. Last year, the esteemed Caldius defeated me fair and square. I was not not ready to have the position. I took the loss like a man, with minimal swearing. Would you make a new comer to the senate an official?"

Flavius paused to take a breath

"Many of you, i know will vote for Lucanus, as you find my hair, skin, and nose alarming. I could kill any of you with my fists, but I choose not to. Those of you who vote against me are racist, and should be punished. I do not care if you vote for me or not, but when you vote, I beg you to vote for the right reasons"

Flavius fell back into his chair, asleep

OOC: theres your speech jplay, goodnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Faustus was appalled, this Celt had threatened the lives of the Senators and the Plebeian Tribune who was sacrosanct. "Tribune, I ask that with the threat to your life you proclaim this dirty celt be arrested and imprisoned!"
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Marcus observed the theater act in front of him and was greatly amused. Splendid how that cocky liar was exaggerating his own achievements. Imagine if he became praetor and he remained in Rome. He would get trialled for the then praetor's crime. He started giggling now, even more amused at how people never managed to see through Scaeva's lies and treachery. He knew that money was stolen by Scaeva back then. He just knew it. Luckily he was leaving and he wouldn't live to see the day for a trial. Now he started laughing out loud, harder and harder. The cheering group of men in the back now silenced in confusion, looking at eachother, wondering what the senior consul was laughing about.
    And now the crisis with the Order, he knew that would get out of control. Someone was messing with those guys and others would pay for it. He felt pity for the person who had to deal with it but also amusement as it wouldn't be him!
    Marcus just kept laughing as tears ran over his cheeks. Life took such a strange twist. He stood up, leaned on a staff and walked out, saying his final words near the entrance.
    'Goodbye boys, have fun keeping Rome in one piece.' He then walked out, still laughing.

He was never seen in Rome again.
    YATS: Manius Aquillius Tuscus, 46, Patrician

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456