Thread: MAARC XXX Nominations

Default MAARC XXX Nominations

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC XXX.

Eligibility - The nominated AAR must have at least two updates in August.

Eligibility
    - The winner of MAARC XXVIII cannot compete in this current MAARC (This is a new rule: the second and third place AARs/writers are now allowed to compete again)
    - Only one AAR per person
    - Nomination deadline: the last day of the month
    - The competition is open for a month, followed by a one week, multi-poll vote.
    - If there are less than 10 nominations, the competition is extended for another month.
    - Usually authors nominate their own work. If you would like to nominate somebody else's work, please ask for the author's approval first (or encourage the author to nominate the AAR)!

Information to provide - Title and link to the original AAR thread
    - Author
    - Game and (if applicable) mod
    - Faction
    - Short description / teaser

Advertisement Rules
    Advertising is allowed in the official advertising board and in AAR threads. Any other kind of direct advertising to advocate nominees is prohibited. Those who breach this rule shall be disqualified for 3 months.

Asking for votes is not allowed and will result in an immediate disqualification and ban of 3 months from the Competition forums.

The competition manager will take whatever steps necessary to insure the integrity of the competition.

Awards
    4 points for the Winner
    3 points for Second Place
    2 points for Third Place

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the AAR Competition Medals.

Please see the Writer's Study Information and FAQ Thread for more details.
    Read the review of I am Skantarios! in the Critic's Quill here.

Default Re: MAARC XXX Nominations

Uniting Islam
    By Sandalfon

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=472267

Medieval II Total War, Stainless Steel 6.4
    Khwarezmian Shahdom

Islam is weak. Islam is divide. Islam is threatened.
    Our ennemies are gathering huge armies to destroy our faith. They managed to capture Jerusalem, butchering thousands of my brothers.
    No more.
    My name is Timurtas, and I will unite Islam!

As I have recently resumed work on my AAR, I might as well submit it.

Liberty or Monarchy
    by Bregil

Liberty or Monarchy is a United States AAR for Empire Total War utilizing the Darthmod: Ultimate Commander mod. It focuses on a what-if scenario of a Monarchy arising in place of a Republic in the United States of America.

Iniquitus The Third's Avatar Libertus

...Oh, what the hell. Comedy AARs are needed to provide a clear distinction between the hopefuls and the filler anyway (hint: they're not in the first category). May as well toss my hat into the ring for that job.

--------

In the time of turmoil and the forging of empires of old, seriousness reigns. Bloodshed and doom casts a pall of despair over the lands. Greek comic masters must devote their efforts to sketching tales of misery and hate. Gloom befixes the faces of all, as mere survival is a challenge among power-hungry nations, nightmarish weather conditions, desperate brigands, and heartless traitors.

And yet, the cogs of inevitability and of history set in motion to give rise to an empire that would rule the Western world for centuries to come. The peoples of the seven hills of Rome, among the harsh sunlight and the looming hatred of all, will bring forth an age of amusement, frivolity, and luxury.

Ridiculum Commentarius Post-actio Romanum, an eXtended Greek Mod Rome AAR by Iniquitus the Third

Because you sure as heck wouldn't entrust the title of 'Greatest Nation in the World' to a group of competent go-getters with their sights set on world conquest.

[*Disclaimer: Do not expect a plot. Or a comprehensive AAR. Or anything that doesn't make you want to claw your eyes out.]

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Title:Hail Caesar!

Author: Tim1988

Game: ETW

Mods: DMUC, AUM, Pom's Italian States Mod

Faction: Italian States

Short Description / Teaser: One final go at the MAARC before this AAR is put to bed. Follow the life of Amadeo Vasari as he works his way up from a lowly lieutenant in a regiment of pike, to Emperor of Italy as he strives to recreate the former glory of the Roman Empire of Old.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

I once more, nominate...

Title: The Saga of King Llywelyn

Author: Eugen von Savoyen

Game: M2TW, Kingdoms, Britannia

Mods: None

Faction: Wales

Description: The struggle of the fledgling Kingdom of Wales against mighty England, unruly generals and economic issues, the Kingdom is gaining ground fast, but is Wales a paper tiger or a force to be reckoned with?
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Title Northumbria: Blood & Gold

Author esaciar

Game/Mods MTW2 (Last Kingdom) Very Hard/Very Hard

lord of eras's Avatar Libertus
    Somewhere, Undisclosed Location aka Castle Eras

Title: The British Resurrection of the Roman Empire
    Author: Lord of Eras
    Game/Mods: RTW with IBFD v7
    Faction: Romano-British
    Description: The history of the Regnvm Romarvm Brittnaicvm from its founding in 410 CE
    Last edited by lord of eras; August 19, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
    My AARs, in chronological order (read them all!):
    Dragon of Wessex, my very first attempt, halted after one introductory chapter (thus showcasing my willingness to commit), a MTW:VI AAR
    Antonius of Cerdices's Chronicle, one prologue and one chapter, for IBFD
    The British Resurrection of the Roman Empire, my longest-ever AAR (so far), twelve chapters, for IBFD
    Of Ravens and Dragons, my first 'character' AAR, three chapters, for VI2

Dead men DO tell tales, a 'hybrid' AAR, 10 chapters (so far), resurrected 15/8/12 (for Crusader Kings II)
    Peers of the Realm, a Savegame AAR, 6 chapters (so far) updated 14/8/12 (CK2)

Letters Of An Aragonese Knight

Mod: Stainless Steel 6.3
    Faction: The Kingdom of Aragon
    Campaign Difficulty: Medium
    Battle Difficulty: Medium
    Unit Size: Small

Description:
    My name is Jaime Encina, and I am a loyal servant to the Crown of Aragon. These letters are for my own personal use, to keep track of the myriad of events that have forever more disturbed the peace and tranquility of my former life. These events have forever changed my life, and they have jeopardized the security of the crown. Now more than ever Aragon needs me, and I will do all in my power to serve my King and Kingdom and bring our beloved realm to new heights of greatness! To whoever reads these, know that though I may be long dead, the actions I will have made throughout my life will have forever left an imprint on the face of history.
    Last edited by Thokran; August 25, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Junius's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

We Suffer after None

A Medieval 2: Stainless Steel AAR

Following the rise of the Sicilians and their conflict against the vile Papacy and it's puppet master, the Holy Roman Empire.

Intrigue and bloodshed. Conflict and characters. Intrigue and espionage. All employed by the Sicilians in their attempts to wrest Italy and Europe from the hands of the Empire.
    Proud to be under the patronage of Calvin.
    Patron of Lysimachus

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Author: SeniorBatavianHorse

Mod: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani
    Faction: East Romans under the Augustus Valens

I have resumed work on the old AAR and would like to submit it for this month's competition!

Follow the exploits of that most ancient of all Roman legions: the Fifth Macedonian as it struggles to uphold a legacy which may well be its doom . . .

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

Author: Red October

Game: Rome Total War
    Mod: IBFD

Faction: Romano British
    Difficulty: Hard/Very Hard

Description:
    The legions of Rome have since abandoned the Isle of Britannia, leaving those loyal to Rome behind. Fending for themselves against increased Barbarian attacks has proved difficult for the few remaining garrisons and their commanders. Madrun, son of Vortigern, struggles to bind his people and men together to rebuild a broken province, now turned Kingdom. Eventually though the Saxon invasion, and Pict tribes were defeated, but not without horrific costs. Rebuilding and worshiping of the old Roman gods is soon to be interrupted by old enemies.

The Legacy of Megas Alexandros

Author: Lysimachos
    Game: Rome - Total War
    Mod: Europa Barbarorum 1.1
    Faction: Arche Seleukeia/Seleucid Empire
    Difficulty: Medium/Medium

Alexander the Great set out to forge the people of the east and west into one. This is the Legacy, which the seleucid kings feel bound to fulfil. The AAR closely follows the exploits of those kings and their kin.

Teaser:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The two hurry down the far reaching corridors of the palace. Philadelphos has been a benevolent host to Sarpedon, but it is never a good idea to let a king wait. As they reach the Pharaoh's audience chamber the eunuch dutifully stays back and the seleukid king's brother proceeds alone. Ptolemaios, marked by the signs of his age, awaits him seated behind a massive marmoreal desk. To the table's right hand side sits the Nomarch, who acknowledges the newcomer with his most scornful look.

“My dear guest,” the Pharaoh begins to speak slowly, ”I hope you are well. A proposal regarding the nature of your sojourn in these halls has been brought to my attention and I choose to hear your own thoughts on the matter.” He turns to his right and signals the Nomarch to take the floor. “Would you mind to reiterate what you told me?”

“It is my pleasure,” states the stout man, while rising from his seat. “We are at war, my king, and the enemy stands deep inside the realm. While we, the members of the court, ... appreciate the presence of your guest, we cannot forget, that the empire is in a time of need. One thing, which it needs especially, are educated noble men to lead its taxeis into battle. I could, in fact,” – he rests his gaze on Sarpedon – “use a gifted man like our guest here in my own staff. I believe, his service for the mutual cause would provide him with an excellent opportunity to show his gratitude for savoured hospitality, which already lasts several years.”

This is all you can do, amusing, but pitiful. Sarpedon imperceptibly shakes his head. “What say you,” addresses him the old king.

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!