Thread: Online Team Multipplayer Games

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Default Online Team Multipplayer Games

Since there was some interest in the idea I have ressurected this thread in a new form.

About a year ago I attempted to get online multiplayer team games going, but was unsuccessful. What is it you might ask?

In online team games, all members on a team form one single army, rather than the traditional method of play where a team is composed of many small armies.

Each member of the team plays a role in the army. To better represent how medieval armies were composed. the bulk of the infantry will be spearmen (feudal sergents or spearkmen) with some elite infantry. The same goes with cavalry, only a few cavalry units will be the heaviest knights.

Basically this is how I envisioned the original idea;

1 player runs the inantry- 13 units of spears with 3 eliete infantry (including general, who is considered a captain)
    2 player runs the missile- Most units would be missile troops (12?) with some eliete infantry units
    3 player runs cavalry- This player must conatin a royal bodyguard units as it is considered the "general"
    The cavalry would consist of at the most 6-8 heavy units, some medium cavalry and some light units for scouting.

Deployment-

Battles would occur on large maps. teams would then move back on the map to organise thier armies. The cavalry commander would be responsible for sending out scouts after the armies are organised, to track the movements of the enemy.

Armies would move enmass and collide. General chaos would then happen

Team armies would be great games as the teams would have to plan out a strategy before attacking and try to communicate it effectively to all memebers
    Poor lack of coordination among members would greatly hamper a fight. In a true battle, the infantry commander would not have any control at all over the cavlary. It would be intersting to see how things like this would play out

suggestions?
    Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; March 27, 2006 at 07:46 PM.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Is this something you can join because I'm down. Although I have MTW XL mod. Which is the best, by the way. Just reinstalled this game after a year of not playing it and it is awesome all over again!
    Blut und Boden

Default Re: Online Team Multipplayer Games

Would anyone be up for this? We would need about 6 people.
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Vanilla MTW VI?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Dismounted H@Xx0rZ's Avatar Centenarius

lol i r try.

but i wanna command the cavalry.
    Current Threat Level:

Also, join the CLC!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=223

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgaroctonus View Post
    Vanilla MTW VI?
    I dunno. Its the only version I have ever played, but anything would be fine I guess.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Eh. I use XL. Meh.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgaroctonus View Post
    Eh. I use XL. Meh.
    That is fine too. We just need to make sure everyone playing has the same version.

-Would anyone be around tonight sometime to play test? Even a simple 2v2 would be fine to start
    Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; June 13, 2007 at 03:18 PM.

I might be getting my mtw1 game in ebay tonight, most liekly not though.

I'm an old multiplayer vet on mtw1, the only good multiplayer game of a total war game ever, rtw and mtw2 multiplayer is a joke.

I might be able to play with you guys soon though, I'll tell you when I have it installed...
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

I will be around tonight (I am in western Canada) anyone who wants to try this out should PM me!

Not to double post but... Anyone up for this or simply normal MP this weekend?

Not to double post but... Anyone up for this or simply normal MP this weekend?
    possibly! But I use medieval original 1.1 not VI.

But I'll talk to you first before going on I'd hate to go back to that game online and see familiar people that I'd rather not see,
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

sadly ive never been able to play online with this game but im going to try again tonite