Hi, guys. I decided to create my custom unit, but I had a problem with this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Where is my mistake ? Please help.
    Thanks.

P.S. my unit_variant file:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [
    [0, "heads",
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head05/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head02/tex/texture"],
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head06/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head06/tex/texture"],
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head03/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head03/tex/texture"],
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head02/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/heads/Noble_Head05/tex/texture"]],
    [1, "hands",
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/hands/SAMURAI_HANDS/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/hands/SAMURAI_HANDS/tex/texture"]],
    [2, "legs",
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/legs/Golden_Cuirass_Legs/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/legs/Golden_Cuirass_Legs/tex/texture"],
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/legs/Ashigaru_Leg_2/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/legs/Ashigaru_Leg_2/tex/texture"]],
    [3, "torsos",
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/torsos/Westen_Style_Torso/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/torsos/Westen_Style_Torso/tex/texture"],
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/torsos/Akechi_Mitsuharu_Torso/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/torsos/Akechi_Mitsuharu_Torso/tex/texture"],
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/torsos/Maru_Do/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/torsos/Maru_Do/tex/texture"]],
    [4, "arms",
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/arms/Golden_Scale_Arm/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/arms/Golden_Scale_Arm/tex/texture"],
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/arms/Chainmail_Arm_1/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/arms/Chainmail_Arm_1/tex/texture"],
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/arms/Chainmail_Arm_2/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/arms/Chainmail_Arm_2/tex/texture"]],
    [5, "helmets",
    ["VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/helmets/Jingasa/Jingasa_1/mesh", "VariantModels/UnitParts/Japan/helmets/Jingasa/Jingasa/texture"]],
    ]

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Help! Cant to change texture

I have had a similar failure, particularly with crests and helmets. When trying to tell the game to use the files for Naoe Kanetsugu's 'Ai' crest and helmet, I got this.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 27, 2012 at 11:39 PM.

Maybe the problem is that you're trying to use unit parts that you do not have textures for in ashigaru atlas and dds files. As far as I know you can use whatever mesh you want (model will be build according to variant file), but all textures must be in one file (ashigaru, samurai, special, etc.).
    So I would think that if your unit variant file starts with ashigaru_ then you must make sure that all textures you want to use are in ashigaru dds files, or it will not work.
    Last edited by BullGod; August 03, 2011 at 11:53 PM.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

KrOkt's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    Maybe the problem is that you're trying to use unit parts that you do not have textures for in ashigaru atlas and dds files. As far as I know you can use whatever mesh you want (model will be build according to variant file), but all textures must be in one file (ashigaru, samurai, special, etc.).
    So I would think that if your unit variant file starts with ashigaru_ then you must make sure that all textures you want to use are in ashigaru dds files, or it will not work.
    YES you right, my fail ! Thanks

But its another question-its possible to add atlas entry by PFM ?
    Last edited by KrOkt; August 04, 2011 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrOkt View Post
    YES you right, my fail ! Thanks

But its another question-its possible to add atlas entry by PFM ?
    I'm not sure, as I never could change anything in atlas files with PFM
    Try this tool (Atlas Manager):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430002
    It's designed for Napoleon, but it should work with Shogun2 also.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan