Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 275 B.C.

Default 275 B.C.

275 B.C.: Road To Messina-
    The First Punic War

-adding all ancient KLA Models and Textures, RS2 Environment, SPQR Faction Symbols and Music, many new units and, and, and ...

275 B.C. After the battle of Beneventum, and the following departure of Pyrrhus of Epirus, southern Italy is now under control of a weak and loose confederation of the Samnites, the Bruttians and some Greek Cities, with Tarent being the strongest of them. It should be easy for the romans to conquer the whole peninsula within a short time. But: This might be a provocation for the mightiest power of the western Mediterranean: CARTHAGE!

v 0.8.-beta

It adds
    - nearly all ancient KLA units, many webbirs/wspite textures
    - RS2 Environment
    - webbirds 270 bc map
    - Horses by Pinarius
    - Darth Formations by Darth Vader
    - Night Battles available
    - Signifer One´s Animation Pack
    - Some new models made by me with rearranged KLA textures +UI cards
    - SPQR Faction Symbols
    - SPQR Music
    - a few EB shield textures
    - Riczu74_CB_strategic_map_units/ships
    - and, and, and...

Installation:
    Download v0.8 and unzip it to your desktop
    1. Navigate to your main Rome - Total War folder.
    2. Move the folder titled "mosfolder" into the main Rome - Total War folder.
    3. Go to your desktop and make a copy of your RTW shortcut.
    4. Rename the shortcut to "275 B.C."
    5. Right click on the new shortcut and click on Properties and then the Shortcut tab.
    6. In the target line, completely AFTER everything in quotes, paste this (with the space in front): -show_err -mod:modfolder
    7. Close everything up and you're good to go.

This is still in beta stage so feedback is very much appreciated!

Credits:
    * Models/Textures: KLA
    * Webbird: 270 bc map
    * Horses: Pinarius
    * Darth Formations: Darth Vader
    * Environment: RS2 Team
    * Night Battles available
    * No more burning oil by Dol Goldor
    * Textures by Webbird and Warspite
    * Textures by the Peninsula Italica Team
    * Textures by Jounk33 from his outstanding Imperium Parsa 2 Mod
    * Models and Textures by Dark Fenrir
    * Icons by the SPQR Team
    *Music by the SPQR Team
    *Textures: EB Team
    Last edited by Sonny Costanzo; January 09, 2012 at 04:27 AM.

Proudly under patronage of Ishan

Default Re: 275 B.C.

more pics:
    Last edited by Sonny Costanzo; July 31, 2011 at 12:57 PM.

reserved!
    Last edited by Sonny Costanzo; August 01, 2011 at 04:33 AM.

Looking really good Mr. Robot...ah Costanzo... Downloading +rep

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

And I thought pumping out 2 units a day was a lot of work. You pump out mods weekly

+ rep!

Thank you guys! Enjoy the mod and please report bugs and give feedback!

Hi
    Great mod like a mini roma surrectum just as good though
    one bug of sorts i think is that in the campaign you cant access the console so you cant do toggle_fow or other commands might just be my PC or a bug
    "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Gaius Julius Caesar

"If I'd been born ugly, you'd never have heard of Pele."
    - George Best

"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." - Marcus Porcius Cato

Quote Originally Posted by Randompigeon View Post
    Hi
    Great mod like a mini roma surrectum just as good though
    one bug of sorts i think is that in the campaign you cant access the console so you cant do toggle_fow or other commands might just be my PC or a bug
    check the descr_shortcuts.txt in your vanilla rtw and manually change ingame (275 B.C.) in options to the same key...
    Last edited by Sonny Costanzo; July 31, 2011 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Costanzo View Post
    check the descr_shortcuts.txt in your vanilla rtw and manually change ingame (275 B.C.) in options to the same key...
    It works for me now.

Glad to hear that, mate!

You need to ask for a hosted forum for all your mods again, Bro!

debux's Avatar Senator

Wow! You loove making mods, you looove making mods...
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Thanks for the console help it works know

doing a bit of nit picking are the generals meant to have a full cavalry unit (54 men) instead of the usual 24 of vanilla?
    Also the movement range means that it takes 3-4 turns to besiege Athens from Larissa perhaps increasing the movements points like i have done on my own game makes it quicker to reach everywhere.
    Again being a bit nit picky

Edit: small bug the Macedonian bronze shields seem to be ghosts with helmets and shields , they got no body
    Last edited by Randompigeon; August 01, 2011 at 02:54 AM.
    "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Gaius Julius Caesar

- George Best

"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." - Marcus Porcius Cato

noted, thanks!

Found another small error but i suspect it's my PC so any advice on how to fix it i very welcome.
    Once every so often in the campaign when i play a battle it loads half way then ctd ( the sound repeats for 1 second before it happens ) how could i solve this?

- George Best

debux's Avatar Senator

Is it the same battle always that you get that CTD? Or maybe with the same army? Has it happened to you a lot lately, causing you to use the autosave feature?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Not the same battle but ATM Ive only had it against the Greek city states also they only happen when my army is attacked but after the ctd if i load up RTW again i can play the battle then a few more later it causes another ctd and the cycle repeats.
    Don't really use the autoresolve cause i just do the above reload RTW and try again

Edit: yes it is with the same army i just had another one
    Last edited by Randompigeon; August 01, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

- George Best

debux's Avatar Senator

I meant autosave, not autoresolve autosave (the thing that saves games automatically for you, after ending a turn) is known for corrupting and messing up campaigns, and might be the reason behind your apparently random CTD's.

I meant that

Yeah sounds like a good idea, thats pretty much the solution as i relized before each battle i saved so yeh thats probably what is messing it up

thanks any rate

p.s. Spartans are beast in this, it took 10 milita hoplites to beat one but they also disappear when you zoom out

- George Best

Thanks for reporting Randompigeon!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast