View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

56 57.73%
  • Russia/China/North Korea coalition

41 42.27%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Default Re: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Please quote me on what i haven't sourced. Please do so, I am sure i cna bakc up almost everything i have claimed.
    The US has a better air force than both countries (just china makes sense, but both countries? wha?).
    South Korea has some capable tanks. (won't dispute that - but source?)
    I never claimed that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Azoth
    Well the M1 Abrams is better than both the Type 96 and the Type 99

Desert Storm? You comparing out dated M1 Abrams to modern Chinese tanks? The M1 variant of the Abrams is gone. it is not longer in service. The US uses M1A2s and M1A1s. Also mind sourcing that claim Bradley took out more armor than Abrams?
    Coalition forces in Desert Storm deployed M1A1 Abrams variants, not the outdated M1 Abrams. A total of 1,841 tanks were deployed. And the M1A2 upgrade did little to address the tank's logistic issues.

http://www.armedforces-int.com/proje...ttle_tank.html

As for the M2 Bradleys:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m2.htm

Ninth paragraph:

Quote Originally Posted by globalsecurity.org
    The vehicle's reliability, survivability and lethality has surpassed initial expectations. Of the 2,200 Bradleys involved in Operation Desert Storm, only three were disabled. In fact, more enemy armored vehicles were destroyed by Bradleys than by the Abrams Main Battle Tanks!

Which war are you referring to? And the US navy is the most advance Navy in the world. Just because it takes a while to move 3000 2000 tanks doesn't mean the Navy sucks. Where is China's Navy?
    Yes, the US Navy is the most advanced in the world. I realized that long ago. Yes, just because it takes a while to move 2000 tanks doesn't mean the navy sucks. Actually, I will have to admit that China's navy sucks. (Though it's not the only navy the US will be facing in this situation)

However, my response was aimed at your saying that the M1 Abrams was better than the Chinese tanks. My point is that it takes a lot of time to move these things, and with all fo the armor tied down overseas, it would take very long for the US to mobilize its Abrams for an offensive. Hope that's clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scott
    I really don't see the argument here.

USA blockades China.

Chinese economy flatlines.
    Revolution.

War over.
    China isn't the only opponent to the US in this matchup. There's Russia and North Korea as well.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutFred View Post
    Coalition forces in Desert Storm deployed M1A1 Abrams variants, not the outdated M1 Abrams. A total of 1,841 tanks were deployed. And the M1A2 upgrade did little to address the tank's logistic issues.
    Logistics won't be a problem in a war like this. The US won't be invading China form the sea, but the tanks will be fighting each other on the Korena Pennausla. Korean terrain won't pose much of a problem to US tanks like the desert did.

As for the M2 Bradleys:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m2.htm

Ninth paragraph:
    I need a better source please because the article doesn't even bother to source the information about the Bradleys itself.

Yes, the US Navy is the most advanced in the world. I realized that long ago. Yes, just because it takes a while to move 2000 tanks doesn't mean the navy sucks. Actually, I will have to admit that China's navy sucks. (Though it's not the only navy the US will be facing in this situation)

However, my response was aimed at your saying that the M1 Abrams was better than the Chinese tanks. My point is that it takes a lot of time to move these things, and with all fo the armor tied down overseas, it would take very long for the US to mobilize its Abrams for an offensive. Hope that's clear now.
    Wlel the OP says the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are over, so none of the US's armored forces will be tied down. Though you have to realize if a war would start, it would be fought on the Korena Pennsula. The armies facing each other off at the DMZ are always on high alert, and it would take a lot of time for any kind of offensive to break through.

China isn't the only opponent to the US in this matchup. There's Russia and North Korea as well.
    You would also have to realize that the US would have allies themselves. The OP doesn't bother to consider how many South-East Asian nations would be fighting for the US like Thailand, Japan, South Korea, and the Phillipenes. There is also no mention of possible help from NATO.

Source for the US Air Force: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_air_force

The US ahas the F-15, F-16, and F-22 three of some of the best fighter aircraft in the world. The F-15 is a great aircraft and can compete with any fighter in the Chinese Air Force, but some Russian fighters can out-compete it. The F-16 alone is better than any aircraft in the Chinese air force, and is such a great fighter that 25 naitons including the US have the F-16 in their air force. The F-16 can compete wiht fighters fomr Russia, and the F-22 out-classes any fighters from Russia. I am not even going to mention the F-35 that chances are would be in service by the time this conflict happens.

South Korean tanks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K1_88-Tank

Thats their current tanks in service, but they are producing a better tank right now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K2_Black_Panther

Consdiering this is a future conflict, the K2 is what South Korea would operate.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Imperial's Avatar Primicerius

The US Navy is the most powerful in the world, with some of the world's most advanced operational vessels, right? Then how come it took a year to move just half of the US's M1 inventory to the Persian Gulf?
    What makes you even think that the US would want all of its tanks in one country? Do you know how many tanks the US wanted for Desert Storm? It's not like there was a rush to get them there in the first place. I'd like to see China, Russia, or NK do half that number in a year.
    Last edited by Imperial; August 06, 2011 at 10:06 PM.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

Yall forgot to mention one thing the U.S. has over China is war experience. Have you ever seen a Type 96 in action besides mulling down protesters? The only experience China has is getting its ass whooped by Vietnam after they've fought 2 wars and a petty war with India.

Indefinitely Banned

wtf is with all these obsessive threads about China going to war??

US def. win the game. Their navy and airpower are superior. Their military technology is exceed their competitors for almost 30 years. They just need to blockade the entire China by sea and by air and Manchurian & Mongolian revolt would do the rest .

And their allies in Asia is numerous ( Taiwan, Thailand, Philipine, Malaysia, Korea, Japan, Pakistan). Russia and India really hate Chinese so they will def. stay neutral in the war.

At this point, no one on earth could defeat US alone. Yankees' biggest enemy is themself

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Not sure. This hypothetical war is alreayd pretty much impossible and in no way could happen in the first place. I am not sure why Russia and China would ally with each other, or why Russia would want to defend North Korea, or even why China would want to defend North Korea themselves.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Also, don't you think that the tanks in the middle east can be used to... idk... invade China from behind? Not like going through our allies of Pakistan and India would be that hard

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

I am unsure, especially after playing MW2 with that freaky scenario in 2018.

Mr. Scott's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post

Maybe they announced a new Fallout?
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.” ― John Maynard Keynes

Indefinitely Banned

Not sure. This hypothetical war is alreayd pretty much impossible and in no way could happen in the first place. I am not sure why Russia and China would ally with each other, or why Russia would want to defend North Korea, or even why China would want to defend North Korea themselves.
    well i look forward to the day when CA make a Cold War:Total War so some people can relieve their red dawn ahem urges.

A war of words? Or like a war war? It's self-evident...

Who would win Russia, China and North Korea or the US Navy with one arm tied behind their backs under the command of the unhinged Lt. Cmdr. Queeg from the Caine Mutiny?

The communists would win.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

How about everyone loses because of teh massive global economic collapse? Not fun I realise

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Coalition wins just because of Kim Jong IL and his awesome country of awesomeness

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678