View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

56 57.73%
  • Russia/China/North Korea coalition

41 42.27%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

Default Re: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

USA.
    Mr.Scott taught me something in Russia v china thread. Yeah china can have 100,000,000 soldiers mobilized and equipped. But they'd be starving and Ill trained. Meanwhile a Good ol doughboy eats 3 meals a day, is well equipped, well looked after, and is pretty well trained. And that's if China manages to pull a COD modernwarfare two, and get the IFF codes and get through to our coast. Then it has to deal with one of the most well armed trained civilian force in the world. Despite what people think, most Americans aren't fat gun haters, and would fight to the death for this country. And do we really think Japan is gonna pass up an opportunity to use it'd gundams to humiliate the Russians again?
    And the argument is moot cause we would basically make china and Russia a non factor in the world by stopping all sea bound trade and bombarding the outta bejing and Moscow. He'll, you unleash the full might of the navy and airforce, and we'll be able to put boots on bejing, not in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.

Default Re: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Haven't you guys played CoD? Russia has gotten pretty close at defeating the US single handedly
    One squad beat them. And retook the white house.

If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Robertclive View Post
    omg, a butt hurt brit. First, it doesn't make asking for your debt back when you're already at war. Second, why bankrupt the country keeping your ass alive. Russia couldn't mount a naval invasion to Alaska, and it would be worse to fight there than Siberia. Russia stopped two invasion because the opposing forces were to ignorant to equip their armies with winter gear. Plus, the invasions were clearly planned off of blitzcrieg and everything else was given little thought. Nukes are out of the questions and plus the we can shoot them down and we would still nuke them.

No. Just. No.

The Russian forces are trained and armed. They will fight for every patch of dirt on Russian soil.

Keeping my country's ass alive? Sir, our country is older than yours. We have men in our army. Not over sized, murder machines that's in yours.

Napoleon, I doubt you know who he is, Napoleon didn't give it little thought. He conquered Europe all himself. Do you know that? The UK was around one of the only country's still left. As was Russia. All Russia had to do was burn down all the farms. Napoleon's plans were done. Also, Napoleon was in the EARLY 1800s! There wasn't blitzkrieg. Learn History.

Adolf Hitler went against his generals wishes.
    Last edited by Mortality; August 01, 2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Wait if we have oversized murdermachines as troops than shouldn't we be able to beat the Russians easier because of it? I mean they are murdermachines after all right?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Total War? The Allies, no doubt. North Korea and some parts of China would be wiped out because of practically no air defense in the face of the USAF, but remember that Russia has the most and biggest nukes out there, and cool submarines, and nice rockets, and....

I doubt there would be any major landing, because either side would lose (Allies have crappy navy, and the US suck in guerrilla in huge China or frozen Siberia). So the world would just destroy itself by air!

However, if if we think at the economical, geo-political and social sides, such war will never happen, and I'm actually tired of such silly threads of
    "XvsY who will win omg!..."
    [Col] RO Citizen

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

Lol at the people who think China can send over a million soldiers each day to the front(s).

North Korea could and would be a threat to South korea, but after the initial bombardment, I think the country would be run over fairly quickly.

China has the biggest manpower out there, but getting them all to the frontlines, and I think there would be many (USA/ Japan from the East, Australia and allies to the South, maybe India and some other countries also to the South) would be problematic. Not even to speak about the changes in technology. I'm not that familiar to the technology of the chinese, but I reckon it's inferior to anything the "West" can produce.

The only problem would be Russia, but they too would be hardpressed with a possible front to the East, and the European nations to the West. But even then, I don't think the fight against Russia would last long, considering Europa needs Russia's gas, and Russia wouldn't want to fight a long war against Europe and it's allies, even if Europe couldn't invade properly.

I think North Korea would be alone, and the fights against the Chinese and the Russians would be over soon, considering neither alliance has much interest in a long war.

Just my 0.02 $.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No one, 95 percent of the World's population would be dead due to the nukes being used and the rest would have to face a nuclear winter.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Quote Originally Posted by The Rifleman View Post

No. Just. No.

The Russian forces are trained and armed. They will fight for every patch of dirt on Russian soil.

Keeping my country's ass alive? Sir, our country is older than yours. We have men in our army. Not over sized, murder machines that's in yours.

Napoleon, I doubt you know who he is, Napoleon didn't give it little thought. He conquered Europe all himself. Do you know that? The UK was around one of the only country's still left. As was Russia. All Russia had to do was burn down all the farms. Napoleon's plans were done. Also, Napoleon was in the EARLY 1800s! There wasn't blitzkrieg. Learn History.

So you think the whole scorched earth tatic is gonna work? NATO and EU airforces will just drop supplies to their armies. Camps also have heaters now so the winter is a non- factor. The only problem is Russias infrastructure.

Adolf Hitler went against his generals wishes.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

*Look at poll* YEAAAHHH AMERICA!!!!

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    No one, 95 percent of the World's population would be dead due to the nukes being used and the rest would have to face a nuclear winter.
    The only purpose of nukes now are to ensure that your enemy does not use theirs; their initial purpose of deterring actual war is no longer valid. Simply put, no nation would ever use them under any circumstances due to the MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) associated with them, excluding of course if some insane dictator/terrorist group manages to get hold of one with no regard for any particular country.

So no, in my opinion, nukes would not be used even in WW3 if the politics involved were conventional.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    Simply put, no nation would ever use them under any circumstances due to the MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) associated with them, excluding of course if some insane dictator/terrorist group manages to get hold of one with no regard for any particular country.
    Remember North Korea?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And China?

Imperial's Avatar Primicerius

Another America vs. the world thread?

Nah versus Russia, China, and North Korea actually.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Imperial's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Nah versus Russia, China, and North Korea actually.
    I was actually trying to save myself the trouble form typing all the countries the US is supposed to fight in this hypothetical wet dream. But there you go, you just ruined it for me. Now I was forced to explain my post and it has taken longer then it would have to just type, "Russia, China, and North Korea."

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

A large portion of China's industry also relies on the US too, just as a lot of American stores rely on good manufactured in China, talk about mutually assured destruction!

But the US has the largest navy in the world so the US most likely

Trey's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Rifleman View Post
    Don't ever forget it.
    for-profit death machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I was actually trying to save myself the trouble form typing all the countries the US is supposed to fight in this hypothetical wet dream. But there you go, you just ruined it for me. Now I was forced to explain my post and it has taken longer then it would have to just type, "Russia, China, and North Korea."
    trololol

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    The US has missile defence systems that are designed to shoot down missiles like the on you described.

The Abrams has a 120mm gun, the Chinese have a 125mm gun. thats not much of a difference. The Chinese tank can go 5mph fatser than the Americna one. Thats not much of a difference. The Abrams has way better armor than the chinese tank. it has the Chobam armor and the very tough depleted uranium armor. So tough that other Abrams tanks cannot penetrate it with their main gun. The type 99 is out-classed.

'
    So?

Inovating? China copies other nation's designs. The new Chinese stealth fighter is using American stealth technology because they can't invent it on their own. The Chinese military is out-classed by the American and European militaries.
    i wouldnt say ist outclass, its probably out numbered. But imo its the same putting a M1 against Leopard2 they are practicaly the same. The Latest models.
    As i said is very even on that matters, And how putting together the best of the west and the best of soviet technology, is not inovating??

And you dont think the failure of decteting a a space rocket launch with a chinese sattelite by part of USA isnt bad for USA?? Who says a space rocket one says an intercontinental, balistic Missile. imo. The biggest handycap, its probably they dont have a navy to speak of. practicaly. Not that they dont have a wide coast to defend.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 06, 2011 at 08:22 AM.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

So this never happened, right OP?

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    i wouldnt say ist outclass, its probably out numbered.
    The US military currently operates 6000 M1 Abrams tanks of various variants. How many Type 99 tanks does China operate?

But imo its the same putting a M1 against Leopard2 they are practicaly the same. The Latest models.
    As i said is very even on that matters, And how putting together the best of the west and the best of soviet technology, is not inovating??
    Leopard 2 and M1 Abrams are similar, but not the same. Both are great tanks however.
    I will admit the Type 99 is a Chinese deisgn, but i know China is still referring to old Soviet tank designs when they were designing the Type 99. Not saying of course the Type 99 is basically a Soviet design. I am saying however they looked to Soviet tank designs to help design their own.

And you dont think the failure of decteting a a space rocket launch with a chinese sattelite by part of USA isnt bad for USA?? Who says a space rocket one says an intercontinental, balistic Missile. imo. The biggest handycap, its probably they dont have a navy to speak of. practicaly. Not that they dont have a wide coast to defend.
    I would like this story of the US being un-able to detect a Chinese space sattelite. Also since when is the US monitoring who puts sattelites in the space the same as watching out for ballistic missiles? I think the US would know if China was trying something like that.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast