View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

56 57.73%
  • Russia/China/North Korea coalition

41 42.27%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

Plus the Russians got embarrassed in the Winter war

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Who would win in a war between the USA and a China/Russia/North Korea coalition

Quote Originally Posted by Eirmar View Post
    Yes it can, and have extensive plans to do so.
    Sure, then they can have their plan ruined by the US navy.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNelson666 View Post
    Sure, then they can have their plan ruined by the US navy.
    way to destroy their spirits

Quote Originally Posted by Robertclive View Post
    way to destroy their spirits
    Somebody needed to said it.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Well the US has troops that have considerable training in cold weather.

There is Alaska Command for starters (19,700 strong forces)
    US Forces - Korea (27,000 strong)
    1st, 2nd, 3rd Brigade Combat Teams, 10th Combat Aviation team, and 10th Sustainment Brigade of the 10th Mountain based at Fort Drum New York (about 15,000 soldiers)

And the National Guards of New York, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachuets, Conneticut and Rhode Island.
    Last edited by Farnan; July 31, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

lol, but we've said it a million times in this thread and they still fail to get the picture.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Robertclive View Post
    Alaska is colder than Siberia. Alaska is harder to navigate because of it's mountainous terrain while Siberia is mainly flat. Last, the invading forces have to cross through the Tundra's of Canada to reach the US.
    Yes but the Russians have equipment to do all that. The Urals and siberia have left russian soldiers and commanderws with good knowledge of that kinds of enviroment.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There is such thing as winter warfare training. Im pretty sure the Franks and the Nazis didn't have the luxury of going through that. maybe the norwegians would let us train here:

Both the franks AND the Nazis had alpine divisions, and Germany gets a fairly hard winter and had winter training, and the Germans also had experience from Scandinavia and Scandinavian and Finnish soldiers aswell.

And the Norwegian winter training programme is what i was talking about, but surveys have shown time and time again that American soldiers struggle while other nations on the same programme like Dutch and Germans excel. Most of my friends have been on Cold Response, and they confirm it.

It gets cold here in America too, and we've fought in cold climates like Western Europe and Korea and have still won militarily. Do you think the Russians could last in hot climates because they couldn't in Afghanistan.

Lol comparing the French winter to Siberia is like comparing the New York summer with Sahara. France hardly gets snow at all. in Siberia its normal with -40 Celsius. Its so cold you can boil a bucket of water, toss it into the air and it freezes to snow before the water hits the ground. (I have a pic of me doing just that if anyone is interested )

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Read my post Eirmar...

And not all of Russia is Siberia by the way.

Anyways, the soldiers that get sent to train with the Norweigans are Minnesota National Guard, not active duty.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Rifleman View Post
    Collation.

Russia brings the tanks and nukes, China brings the men. North Korea brings propaganda.

The US would be overwhelmed.
    A couple of problems with this,

1) USA strategic missile shields and nukes negate Russia's nukes.

2) USA airforce negates China's hoardes.

3) USA gov-media complex negates the NK propaganda.

Sorry, but the USA still pwns all,
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

I noticed you left out Korea. Like I said, the invading armies were ill equipped and unprepared. Also, you act like most Russians live in Siberia when they live in the warmer European part.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirmar View Post
    Yes it can, and have extensive plans to do so.
    No. Let me tell you, as a former solder that have served above the polar circle, one thing is to have the gear, another thing entirely is to learn and master the routines necessary to survive and conduct warfare in extensive periods of time in the far north. Ive lived in the north for most of my life, i love snow, and i found it hard, tiresome and downright horrible at times. Remember your thread "Omg is it really so cold in Europe" Its even colder in Russia. How do you think Americans from Miami, California or any other plce with no experience are going to fare against the Russians that that have more experience in winter warfare than any other power? Badly. I had Americans hatin in the English winter while i was wearing T skirts, and we have Americans on exercise in Norway that say cold is the worst thing they know of as soldiers, and they very rarely master how to ski.

Sorry, but in a winter warfare situation, my money will always be on the Russians.

you do realize that americans live in places like New England, Alaska, Colorado, Minnesota, Michigan etc right?
    I mean an "english winter? LOL

As for the thread... Why on earth would the USA do anything but play defense? We dont have any allies to defend in this scenario. We just sit behind our massive fleet and air force and thumb our noses at the chinese and russians who cant do dick all to us.

sure the russians have winter, luckily we Americans have the Pacific!

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I'd rather a thread about a Russian/American tagteam against everyone. That'd be kickass.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    you do realize that americans live in places like New England, Alaska, Colorado, Minnesota, Michigan etc right?
    I mean an "english winter? LOL

As for the thread... Why on earth would the USA do anything but play defense? We dont have any allies to defend in this scenario. We just sit behind our massive fleet and air force and thumb our noses at the chinese and russians who cant do dick all to us.

sure the russians have winter, luckily we Americans have the Pacific!
    His argument is that most americans live in California, Florida, and much warmer climates

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I'd rather a thread about a Russian/American tagteam against everyone. That'd be kickass.
    Same, but I would add China too, All Star team.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

The European parts of Russia, is not very warm at all. With the exception of the northern front launched from Norway and Finland, the Germans never made it to Siberia, and they still froze to death. Stalingrad is quite south in Russia, check the map.

Read my post Eirmar...

And not all of Russia is Siberia by the way.

Anyways, the soldiers that get sent to train with the Norweigans are Minnesota National Guard, not active duty.
    I was writing my post while you posted yours.

I was not aware of that, but Minnesota is North in the USA so you might think they were adept at least in winter environments. But that is my personal experience and i wont pretend to know anything about the qualities of american divisions that specialize in winter warfare. But we were talking about an invasion of Russia. And those numbers seemed to me awfully small. In such an undertaking its the conventional forces that bears the brunt, and they will need to be trained or suffer. Winter warfare is the one area I can honestly say I believe Russia have the advantage over the US.
    '

And don't most Americans live in the warmer climates in the south? Cali is the most populous state as far as I'm aware. And people from new York or Washington i highly doubt knows the first thing about wilderness survival, never mind winter survival.
    Last edited by Påsan; July 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM.

Like we said, that's where winter training and equipment come in to play.

Necromancer's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Rifleman View Post
    All China has to do is ask for the US's debt back.
    "Hey, uhhh... Look... We know we're kind of... Well, ya know... At war... But, uhhh... Do you think you could, uhhh... Pay us back... Please?"

Russia sends soldiers rushing through Alaska.
    The Japanese invaded Attu and Kiska in the Aleutian Islands during WWII. Although, it was only a distraction (one we didn't fall for), I imagine the top brass would prepare for an Alaskan invasion in the event of war with a nation/nations on the other side of the Pacific in light of this event. Also... LOTS of people in Alaska have guns...

North Korean nukes Seoul and takes South Korea.
    Doesn't Kim want to reunite Korea? I doubt they'd be able to go anywhere near the South, let alone Seoul, for quite some time if the North glassed it. And I thought nukes were off the table in this scenario?

Russia nukes the US into submission.
    I think it'd be fair to say that, if a hail of nukes were on the way and we knew we were done, we'd give 'em all we had in return and take them down with us - especially if it were Russia.

The US would freeze in Siberia. Do you know how cold it is?
    Well... You do realize that the U.S. is more than arid deserts out west and humid subtropical paradises down south, right?

A prime example, and this isn't even the coldest:

The first regular meteorological observations on Mount Washington were conducted by the U.S. Signal Service, a precursor of the National Weather Service, from 1870 to 1892. The Mount Washington station was the first of its kind in the world, setting an example followed in many other countries. For many years, the record low temperature was thought to be −47 °F (−44*°C) occurring on January*29, 1934, but upon the first in-depth examination of the data from the 19th century at NOAA's National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, North Carolina, a new record low was discovered. Mount Washington's official record low of −50 °F (−46*°C) was recorded on January 22, 1885. However, there is also hand-written evidence to suggest that an unofficial low of −59 °F (−51*°C) occurred on January*5, 1871.

On January 16, 2004, the summit weather observation registered a temperature of −43.6*°F (−42.0*°C) and sustained winds of 87.5*mph (140.8*km/h), resulting in a wind chill value of −103 °F (−75*°C) at the mountain. During a 71-hour stretch from around 3*p.m. on January*13 to around 2*p.m. on January*16, 2004, the wind chill on the summit never went above −50 °F (−46*°C). Snowstorms at the summit are routine in every month of the year, with snowfall averaging 311 inches (7.9*m) per year. Temperatures above 72 °F (22*°C) at the summit have never been recorded.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Washington_(New_Hampshire)

That's the most extreme cold in New England, although winters in the rest of the region regularly fall well below 0F (-17.7C).

I imagine military divisions based in the northern regions of the U.S., where extremely cold and long winters are the norm, would be trained on Mt. Washington and other regions of extreme cold (Northern Minnesota, Northern Alaska etc.) to further prep them before being shipped off to Siberia.

Russia has stopped two invasions due to its winter. If you don't know, it was the French in the early 1800s and Nazi Germany in the 1940s.
    And both of those countries tend to have more moderate climates, (Mediterranean, in the case of Southern France) which left their armies ill-prepared for Russia's (literally) polar opposite winters.

But you do know there would be little homefront left for the troops to return to. The Chinese and Russians would nuke it.
    See: "Russia nukes the US into submission."

Prosaic Visitant's Avatar Domesticus

Easy, America. It's navy is better equipped, more technologically advanced and trained than anything Ivan and his Chinese buddies could come up with. This means the US wouldn't be invaded by the Coalition of Corruption. Ergo, America would be free to use it's full power to harass and invade the CoC anyway and time it's wants.

America probably has the worst weather to be honest

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Chernov View Post
    This is a no-nukes scenario, guys.
    Your not really getting it are you? This is a total war scenario. In any modern total war scenario nukes would be useed.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast