Thread: TROM3: Temporary fix for unit pack DLC

Default TROM3: Temporary fix for unit pack DLC

If you already bought the new unit pack and want to play TROM3 you may get crashes when the new units are involved. This pack will disable the new units until I am able to fix this problem and adjust the DLC units to TROM3. Just unzip and drop the file into the data directory. If you want to play vanilla with the DLC don't forget to remove it or invalidate it by changing the file extention (for example to "TROM3_a_DLC_Disabler.packXXX").

With Beta 3 the temporary fix is no longer neccessary. Therefore I close the thread and remove the download.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; August 07, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: TROM3: Temporary fix for unit pack DLC

Handy!

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

Hey Yarkis

Radious seems to have found the issue for the crashes with the dlc units.

Originally Posted by Radious
    To bypass ugly crashes you must do following:
    Open mod in PFM and find table called - aum_unit_to_groupings_military_permissions (if you modified original unit_to_groupings_military_permissions aswell, make same changes there)

And remove all lines where is multiplayer_avatar.

Ca somehow blocked in recent patch changes to this, so any unit custom or unlocked vanilla one must not have this line or the game wont start.

When you do this small change game will start properly, saves will load properly and you will be able to have all custom units in campaigns and custom battles again.

Enjoy and have fun.

Hope this helps.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Yay! How long would it take to impliment that fix do you think? Also, thank you Yarkis for the temporary fix.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Radious fix is not neccessary for TROM3. The problem with crashes is that CA added a new value to the uni_stats_land_table which I can't access because the editors have to be updated. As soons as I can edit that file I can also make the mod DLC compatible.

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

Thats too bad. Sorry for raising up hope. I'm eagerly awaiting compability.

With Beta 3 the temporary fix is no longer neccessary. Therefore I close the thread and remove the download.