Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Jarldom of Nidaros - Recruiting beta testers and more

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default [Submod] Jarldom of Nidaros - Recruiting beta testers and more

So hi i am working on a submod which adds the jarldom of nidaros faction in northern norway i am almost done with the coding, but since my 2dart is nonexistant i need help that. Mostly faction symbols and banners and similar
    Last edited by Makrell; August 04, 2011 at 09:47 AM.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Submod] Jarldom of Nidaros

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    So hi i am working on a submod which adds the jarldom of nidaros faction in northern norway i am almost done with the coding, but since my 2dart is nonexistant i need help that. Mostly faction symbols and banners and similar
    I would help for you.

cool

also this factions wont be able to be in the united norway script as only 2 factions can be in that script

didn't CoW combine 4 factions? if you kill the other 3 chaos factions you would become chaos undivided.

hmmm perhaps. I cant do it for now to as i dont know enough im taking it 1 step at a time

cool
    also this factions wont be able to be in the united norway script as only 2 factions can be in that script
    i'm just a designer. The coding and scripting are not my business!
    That is Gigantus's speciality ...

Will you be trying to make it historically correct?

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

well in the essence that it will have historical characters yes. In the essence of new all historical units and superhistorical no. It will be Normal TLK with one more norway faction, the base units are the same as the rest of the norway factions except with 1 special unit, in the same manner as the others. But i will not make this a 1region faction, they will hold both tjotta and nidaros.

well in the essence that it will have historical characters yes. In the essence of new all historical units and superhistorical no. It will be Normal TLK with one more norway faction, the base units are the same as the rest of the norway factions except with 1 special unit, in the same manner as the others. But i will not make this a 1region faction, they will hold both tjotta and nidaros.
    ok, good concept!

Sounds cool man, good luck.
    To be honest I have been (strongly) thinking about the same as Håkon Grjotgardson and his family to come is one of my primary specialities/focuses.
    The reason I have not gone for it is because it's actually easier to keep it historical with heirs, sons and whatnot when the faction does not have their own family tree. If you take a look at my submod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=468155 you will notice he is added as a general as he was one of Harald's strongest allies. You will also notice I've changed Nidaros to Hladir because Nidaros historically is considered founded by Olafr Tryggvason much later.
    Let me know if you have any questions/considerations you'd like a second opinion on since (as I said) this is my primary focus.

well if you would like to get me a list of family members i would be happy to have it (note first it must be decided if the faction should sorround Tjøtta or Trøndelag as its main region) as the different regions had different rulers, but due tio gameplay this faction will control both

Prewiev NR 1 a small wiev of progress. Now i need to add more 2d art textures, and descriptions until it is ready for beta

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Very nice!
    I would like to propose giving you a faction unique unit, if you want it. First, I must check it in game and see if it works.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

i have planned using digrøxmenn from wrath of the norsemen but if you got on i wouldnt say no

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell
    Do you do all 2d art? cause for my submod i need all of it (faction selection screen maps, banners, faction symbol etc
    Yes, of course! I have all original items...
    Just send me your sources and ideas!

i have planned using digrøxmenn from wrath of the norsemen but if you got on i wouldnt say no
    I would make a faction unique unit also...
    Last edited by danova; July 31, 2011 at 02:10 PM.

well if you would like to get me a list of family members i would be happy to have it (note first it must be decided if the faction should sorround Tjøtta or Trøndelag as its main region) as the different regions had different rulers, but due tio gameplay this faction will control both
    As none of the ages for this family is as exact as Harald's family these are approximates:

Family
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Grjótgarðr Herlaugsson (790-967)
    -
    Hákon Jarl Grjótgarðsson (838-917) the first HlaðirJarl
    -
    Herlaug Hákonsson (853-868) Died at the battle of Solskjel
    Grjótgarðr Hákonsson (854-868) Died at the battle of Solskjel
    Åsa Hákonsdottir (856-?)
    Sigurd HlaðirJarl Hákonsson (890-952)
    Grjótgarðr Hákonsson (895-953) (although there's no place written that two of Hákon's kids were named Grjótgarðr, history suggests that there were two of them. One was killed in the battle of Solskjel while the other were responsible for killing his brother Sigurd and in turn was killed by Sigurd's son Hákon. Since one of them died early, Hákon likely still wanted to bring his fathers name to the next generation).
    -
    Son of Sigurd, Hákon HlaðirJarl Sigurdsson (937-995)

Haraldr Fairhair married Åsa in 868, thereby sealing the alliance from 865/866 with Hákon Jarl (she was likely offered up before she reached the proper age of marriage).

Hákon Jarl Grjótgarðsson was Jarl of Ørland and Hålogaland when he approached Haraldr. To conquer the whole Trøndelag region Haraldr and Hákon had to defeat 8(!) other kings of the different fylkis. In my submod I've put several historical kings in the areas of interest, though you can of course make them rebel armies.
    Last edited by Úlfhéðinn; July 31, 2011 at 02:16 PM.

they shall start with trøndelag. If yoou wish you can include this submod in your own compiliation, but until vestfold and hordaland loses a few regions im afraid they have to use both. They will not be allied with vestfold either, but the player shall decide

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    Yes, of course! I have all original items...
    Just send me your sources and ideas!
    I will

I would make a faction unique unit also...
    well all help is appreciated just need to figure out what the warriors of the region were renowned for then

they shall start with trøndelag. If yoou wish you can include this submod in your own compiliation, but until vestfold and hordaland loses a few regions im afraid they have to use both. They will not be allied with vestfold either, but the player shall decide

well all help is appreciated just need to figure out what the warriors of the region were renowned for then
    For your information, it seems like my submod may be incorporated into tLK and I would therefore be happy to advice you further to make tLK even more historically correct. And Vestfold will only start with Vestfold region, they will have to conquer all others.
    Due to historical reasons I would suggest to use only Hålogaland as starting region as there was several battles fought to gain control over the entire Trøndelag region.

but i cant do that until vestfold and hordaland has only 1 region, or nidaros will get annihilated to quick

Well, my submod is pretty much ready but it will conflict with yours as long as I have Håkon as a general and add his family members as emerging generals. In addition you will have played with several of the same files as I, not to mention the tLK team's changes after the beta 3.05 release.

If you want to correct the problem of too weak it's an easy matter of adding more armies to Nidaros or remove some from the other factions. Even removing the other faction's settlements is an easy task.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast