Thread: How to edit unit stats??

Default How to edit unit stats??

I want to lower the melee defense and melee attack of all units. as well as range and accuracy for other units. is there a program or some sort of method to do this? i know theres mods that lower these stats but i dont want mods i just want the simple stat changes. thanks.

Default Re: How to edit unit stats??

Anything that changes unit stats is a mod. If you don't quite like any of the existing mods, you should make your own mod. There is information in the forums about how to create a mod. I recommend to start with this thread.

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How to edit unit stats??

Here's the link for the Shogun 2 PFM, which you'll use to edit everything: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3343

With the link given in davidlallen's post above, there are a few things that are different between modding Napoleon and Shogun 2.

For step 5, the files you'd want to extract are Unit_stats_land (under "units_stats_land_tables") to edit the melee attack/melee defense/missile range, and Projectiles (under "projectiles_tables) to edit range/damage/reload time (unit_stats_land also has a reload skill ability you can edit. I'm not sure which one really regulates it).

For step 10, you'll want to change the pack type to "Movie", instead of "Mod".

Also, with steps 13 and 15, I've never had to worry about them when modding Shogun 2, so they shouldn't be a problem.

When editting the Projectiles db file, you'll have to first look at the unit_stats_land one to find which type of arrow/missile the unit you want to edit uses.
    Last edited by Xorte-Renshe; August 01, 2011 at 05:53 PM.