Thread: France playable in the Campaign of the coalition

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default France playable in the Campaign of the coalition

Dee Jay sent me a small piece of UI that allows selecting more factions in the coalition campaign.
    If you make them available in the startpos, then their flag is added in the faction selection screen, and you can play with them.

But it won't show France. France is setup as the other playable factions (Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia), so I don't see why it won't appear.
    I understand this could be hardcoded in some way, but Dee Jay, with the same UI, can select France.

Any idea to explain that? What should be changed in the startpos?

Default Re: France playable in the Campaign of the coalition

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Dee Jay sent me a small piece of UI that allows selecting more factions in the coalition campaign.
    If you make them available in the startpos, then their flag is added in the faction selection screen, and you can play with them.

But it won't show France. France is setup as the other playable factions (Britain, Austria, Russia, Prussia), so I don't see why it won't appear.
    I understand this could be hardcoded in some way, but Dee Jay, with the same UI, can select France.

Any idea to explain that? What should be changed in the startpos?
    It's a hardcoded limitation that France can't be made playable in mp_eur_napoleon, even though they are set up as a playable. Just mod folder the startpos to bypass the hardcode
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Link to explain this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Link to explain this please?
    About mod foldering? Here.
    About the hard coded limits? Well you'll just have to trust me on that one, I don't document every single piece of knowledge I pick up along the way
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell