Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mount and Blade Warband LotR mod - TATW modders look.

Default Mount and Blade Warband LotR mod - TATW modders look.

Hey I found this LotR mod for WARBAND. They are taking the art direction of the film completely and have already released a beta. They seem to be dedicated and have very good modellers and skinners. What the problem seems to be is good coders and scripters. Here at TATW, we have some of the best coders and scripters that aren't professional. So for the love of all that is holy get your amazing butts over there and help make this LotR Mount and Blade mod great! Maybe the two teams (TATW and BitW) could even exchange resources in the future. But please check it out and support it in anyway you can. This is my and many others dream mod.

Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,122807.0.html
    Last edited by Soul Reapir; July 29, 2011 at 10:43 PM.

Groovy

Default Re: Mount and Blade Warband LotR mod - TATW modders look.

I dont even know what WARBAND is haha

Makus's Avatar Tiro

funny, the elf depicted in the 2nd screenshot (with the second age helmet and galladrahim armor) is identical to once accidentally placed in the two towers video game strategy guide
    All Men Fall, it is but Time and Method that Differ

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

theres speculation that they are ripping models and textures from battle for middle earth games, and yes TATW.. not creating there own. but innocent until proven guilty

Makus's Avatar Tiro

@revan
    they could easily be ripping them from the return of the king video game as well.
    All Men Fall, it is but Time and Method that Differ

I'll be honest....at this point I wouldn't try raising any alarms about it...until AFTER completion hehe. Thats just because I've wanted this for so long.
    Last edited by Soul Reapir; July 30, 2011 at 12:07 AM.

Groovy

Which textures looked ripped? Most of the pics in the op had textures which were too large and too sloppy to be from an old ps2 game. You can tell they are all photo-sourced from internet pics because of all the glares and reflections on the textures. There are some other models in the pics though which look disproportionately better than the other content made by the author.

but even if they are ripping things off from others, what can we do? It's not like we can call the internet police and report the crime... :\

Omg this is my dream tooo for some time now

I used the search function and didn't find something to these mods so here they are:

There already is a working multiplayer mod for warband (although still in development and I don't know how much ): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,150316.0.html

And for the old Mount & Blade there is the Last Days Mod. It has been in development for quite a long time but the latest previews look very promising in my opinion:

Official forum
    Gondor preview
    Evil men preview
    Scenes preview
    General preview (with links to older ones)
    Dinge passieren einfach und damit hat's sich
    -------------------------------------------
    All my Third Age screenshots

Yarrum's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by cire992 View Post
    Which textures looked ripped? Most of the pics in the op had textures which were too large and too sloppy to be from an old ps2 game. You can tell they are all photo-sourced from internet pics because of all the glares and reflections on the textures. There are some other models in the pics though which look disproportionately better than the other content made by the author.
    The first post on page 85 of the mod thread shows that they ripped King Kong's Gondor skins and some small materials from Disgruntled Goat's Rhun units. There's also some Elvish material that was clearly ripped, either directly from Battle for Middle Earth II or from the Third Age Total War Elvish units, which by extension is Battle for Middle Earth II anyways.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrum View Post
    The first post on page 85 of the mod thread shows that they ripped King Kong's Gondor skins and some small materials from Disgruntled Goat's Rhun units. There's also some Elvish material that was clearly ripped, either directly from Battle for Middle Earth II or from the Third Age Total War Elvish units, which by extension is Battle for Middle Earth II anyways.
    Was TATW really so great and famous that everyone ripped or 'borrowed' things from TATW?
    Aure entuluva!

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

This mod doesn't have a chance against TLD...its models look awful in comparisson

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    This mod doesn't have a chance against TLD...its models look awful in comparisson
    It's not even for the same game, and i think that Blood in the West will be morepopulair because of the multiplayer.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Compare it to "The Last Days of the Third Age" - their models look waaaay better they have a map and custom cities etc... and everything looks so professional:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-last-days/images

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    It's not even for the same game, and i think that Blood in the West will be morepopulair because of the multiplayer.
    well, there is no real difference between M&B and Warband anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    Compare it to "The Last Days of the Third Age" - their models look waaaay better they have a map and custom cities etc... and everything looks so professional:

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    well, there is no real difference between M&B and Warband anyway
    Multiplayer is the big difference though i've noticed WB looks nicer but that could just be the model but i don't think so.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

The Last Days looks far more complete and all round better than that mod, which really just looks like a quickly thrown together couple of models. The Last Days team has clearly put far more work in their mod and TLD looks far better because of it. Anybody can throw a few textures together and say it's a LOTRs mod, and loads have tried to do it before. I personally don't download a LOTR mod unless it can create a LOTR atmosphere

Plus, if these guys are ripping models and it can be proven, they'll most likely get banned or could even find themselves in trouble with the law. I don't know of any modding community that tolerates that

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post

TLD is epic.
    I was waiting for it like years.
    Even before I ever know whats TATW
    Well, let see TLD and TATW 3.0, which will come up first?
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reapir View Post
    What the problem seems to be is good coders and scripters. Here at TATW, we have some of the best coders and scripters that aren't professional. So for the love of all that is holy get your amazing butts over there and help make this LotR Mount and Blade mod great!
    Warband is written in Python, it's module system is quite different from scripting in Total War. Proficiency in one doesn't mean you automatically can do the other, you'll still need to invest many hours in getting experience with the module system and how everything fits together, no matter how much scripting talent you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast