Thread: Corrupted save files

Default Corrupted save files

I've been having some problems with my saved files. After 15 turns, the saved files can't be loaded. It'll stuck at 20% then not responding and crashed to desktop. I also can't use the save button as it will crash whenever I load it. Any solution? Thanks in advanced.

Default Re: Corrupted save files

Have the same issue ...but my corruption occurs after I hit end turn button and for some reason the game get stuck at Ikko Ikki banner and the game just block ..so in order to continue I have to press ALT TAB buttons combination and to close the game manually ..I get back in I hit the end turn again and the game works just fine except that from that moment on all my saves games are corrupted ..this occured in my DartMod turn 75 ..so I dropped dead my campaign as Shimazu and started a new one as Hattori ..hopefully I won't have the same issue

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

I have the same problem. Usually it worked to end the process called gameoverlayui.exe and then go back into game but now this isn't working. As of the latest patch I can't find a work-around for this problem.

All problems in multiplayer co-op/heads-up camera stuck, end turn button not working and the single player problems of camera and also getting stuck on other clans turns is really starting to piss me off. Fix these problems, please! I mean, it's been how many patches since game release and these bugs are still occuring and ruining an otherwise fantastic game.

P.S. This thread should be in the bug report section of the forum.

Moved to Technical Help.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Tried verifying game files, didn't work. Tried reloading older save, didn't work. Tried removing gameoverlayui.exe over and over, switching in and out of s2 etc. Finally I reinstalled s2 but nothing works. 81 turn Uesugi campaign right before realm divide over 200,000 in my pocket and 18k per turn and now my campaign is just broke. I want the Uesugi campaign completion without having to start a whole new campaign over.

This is hardly the first time I've had to abandon a campaign and I'm getting really sick of it, when is CA going to fix these problems?!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by darylchief View Post
    I've been having some problems with my saved files. After 15 turns, the saved files can't be loaded. It'll stuck at 20% then not responding and crashed to desktop. I also can't use the save button as it will crash whenever I load it. Any solution? Thanks in advanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by nebucodonosor View Post
    Have the same issue ...but my corruption occurs after I hit end turn button and for some reason the game get stuck at Ikko Ikki banner and the game just block ..so in order to continue I have to press ALT TAB buttons combination and to close the game manually ..I get back in I hit the end turn again and the game works just fine except that from that moment on all my saves games are corrupted ..this occured in my DartMod turn 75 ..so I dropped dead my campaign as Shimazu and started a new one as Hattori ..hopefully I won't have the same issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartassen View Post
    I have the same problem. Usually it worked to end the process called gameoverlayui.exe and then go back into game but now this isn't working. As of the latest patch I can't find a work-around for this problem.

All problems in multiplayer co-op/heads-up camera stuck, end turn button not working and the single player problems of camera and also getting stuck on other clans turns is really starting to piss me off. Fix these problems, please! I mean, it's been how many patches since game release and these bugs are still occuring and ruining an otherwise fantastic game.

P.S. This thread should be in the bug report section of the forum.
    Post your dxdiag.

As I've said the problem is that on my Uesugi campaign on turn 81 the screen freezes at Tsutsui's turn. Once I start a new campaign it works fine again. Sometimes I can play a campaign to completion without any hiccups, sometimes I can get past them but this one won't.

It's entirely random it seems and I remember in multiplayer co-op you could sometimes not press end-turn after getting kicked out of diplomacy, sometimes your camera freezes and WASD doesn't work or QE and you have to manually click on minimap to move around. Problems like these are extremely weird as something seems to cause corruption in save files. I want CA to fix these problems cause losing a 81 turn campaign or being forced to play without WASD+QE control is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Anyway my Dxdiag is attached. Ty for any assistance.

I can see one thing that maybe contributing to it, a confict in sound drivers and the RealTek does conflict with the game.

I'd istall the latest drivers from www.realtek.com.tw and disable the AMD HDMI soud drivers in Device Manager.

Downloading latest hd audo codecs now. Also the only output/input devices being used are realtek, all else are unplugged/disabled. I'll let you know if it works.

Still not working, updated realtek drivers and also updated ati drivers while I was at it. Still freezes on same turn, even tried changing from dx9 to dx11, no luck. I don't understand what is corrupting save files like this and so randomly.
    Last edited by Hartassen; July 30, 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Shogun2 your first Total War game? Corrupted saves are as old as Shogun1.

Tried turning off/disabling anything in the background not related to the game? It could be multiple read/write priotrities that Windows has never been known for handling well.

No, I started off with RTW then M2TW and then skipped empire and NTW. Never had this problem before, but considering all other campaigns will end turn properly not just this one I doubt it's some windows problem. But I'll try your fix.

if the save is corrupted, the game is over, u can try dx9 mode to see if you can get past it, but you will need to start a new campaign and see what happens. Also post your game save and I will check if it will go past the ctd.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    if the save is corrupted, the game is over, u can try dx9 mode to see if you can get past it, but you will need to start a new campaign and see what happens. Also post your game save and I will check if it will go past the ctd.
    I've managed to get past before by closing gameoverlayui.exe, or by doing something drastic like declare war. Or just reload an old save, but none of this is working...

Good luck, I'd be extremely happy if you could get to turn 82 somehow.

i clicked end turn and its froze on me. i reloaded and took a a rebel province then ended turn and the game went to the next turn. but a few things happened, so if you want to know ask me, i wont spoil it for you. good luck with the attached save.
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

I was one province from realm divide so I already think I know what happened I can't believe I never tried to take the buddhist rebels. I created that barrier myself to weaken Oda and to make sure they couldn't attack me instantly upon RD.

Thanks for your help!!! Time to start massing units and rock some Japan.

edit: finished my campaign now
    Last edited by Hartassen; July 31, 2011 at 10:03 AM.

Soo.. whats the solution here?

I am having this issue on my new Win10 machine (never had this on win7)

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod