Thread: Disabling file cache

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Disabling file cache

Hello, Germanicu5, good to see you're expanding your work and that you have your own forum.

I hope you can help our problem. I only play hotseats now. We are supposed to use unmodded SS or KGCM but some submods(portraits mod) are allowed. Each player creates a password for his faction at game start and after his turn posts a save for the next player in the forum. Two of our SS6.4 games (with most of the same players) have developed a movement bug affecting generals and armies with them. They quickly lose all movement points by the 5th turn. We know some players ARE using submods (like a portraits mod) and I think this is the cause of this bug. Players not using portraits mod are getting weird portraits, too. If we all add "disable_file_cache=true" to our cfg files would this isolate each players save (and save this game)?

Thanks.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Disabling file cache

It's hard to say whether disabling file cache will help in your case, it needs some specific testing - which you can do on your own.

Just disable it and see what happens, you won't break anything by doing it ... and please post some feedback.

Portraits shouldn't influence movement though, but some invalid trait\ancillary assignment can.

Just in case - make all people delete *.rwm and *.bin files as well.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.