Thread: No Bow Mod ?

Default No Bow Mod ?

Can someone just make a mod like AI army does not have archer unit ? That would be great with just only infantry charge and kill each others

Default Re: No Bow Mod ?

No, because It's not realistic then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCobra View Post
    No, because It's not realistic then.
    It's not realistic anyways. This is a war game with no blood. How realistic is that? I don't expect to see heads being chopped off, but there is no blood at all. It's annoying seeing people ask for realism, but in the same breath say this is just a game when someone brings up the blood topic.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ptt1404 View Post
    Can someone just make a mod like AI army does not have archer unit ? That would be great with just only infantry charge and kill each others
    What you could do is just go into Custom Battles an create the battles that you dream of.

I know exactly what you mean, though. I remember a few years ago (before Rome was launched) I would just use melee armies and attack an AI that I made have only melee armies as well. They were some of the best battles that I've had.

Then came along Rome and I learned the true power of the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    It's not realistic anyways. This is a war game with no blood. How realistic is that? I don't expect to see heads being chopped off, but there is no blood at all. It's annoying seeing people ask for realism, but in the same breath say this is just a game when someone brings up the blood topic.
    Realism, in my humble opinion, isn't all-in or none at all. You can have a mix. There are hybrids called Historical-Fiction. Those are games (and books) that have a certain amount of realism to them, but they also contain some poetic "justices." Some people want a completely realistic game, some just want a game that focuses on the Arcade-like battles of CA (which I for one love). And others want a mix between the two. Realism isn't black and white, but really, shades of grey.

Personally, I prefer a ratio of 80% gameplay and fun with 20% realism. Just enough realism to get into the feel of the game, but not to the point where gameplay and balance suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    What you could do is just go into Custom Battles an create the battles that you dream of.

I know exactly what you mean, though. I remember a few years ago (before Rome was launched) I would just use melee armies and attack an AI that I made have only melee armies as well. They were some of the best battles that I've had.

Then came along Rome and I learned the true power of the bow.

Realism, in my humble opinion, isn't all-in or none at all. You can have a mix. There are hybrids called Historical-Fiction. Those are games (and books) that have a certain amount of realism to them, but they also contain some poetic "justices." Some people want a completely realistic game, some just want a game that focuses on the Arcade-like battles of CA (which I for one love). And others want a mix between the two. Realism isn't black and white, but really, shades of grey.

Personally, I prefer a ratio of 80% gameplay and fun with 20% realism. Just enough realism to get into the feel of the game, but not to the point where gameplay and balance suffers.
    I agree, but blood would fit in as eye candy, which the total war series is well known for. But, I would first like to see the game developed well, which is something the total war struggles with.

Tons of people want a mod with no archers. Its been proposed like 5 times. I love archers, but I have to agree the game would be so much more fun actually haveing to flank and manover armies instead of lining your archers up behind your infantry and slaughter. Its more realistic to remove them because i gaugrentee you that most of the people use the archers to the full exploit of the game. The AI can not correctly deal with archers and you can use them to win almost any battle with taking like 10 percent casualties. Those being by enemy archers that come after you. Either way it wont ever happen but here is to hoping to hell with fagchers

Remember Constantinople
    mr bush how can u put people in jail for smoking weed when you smoke weed. that makes you a hypocrite. bush says do you like hand jobs. the guy says hell yea. bush says do you like giving hand jobs. the guy says no. bush says well then your a fing hypocrite to!!!.