Thread: Killzone 3

Default Killzone 3

Killzone 3 is the newest game in the Killzone series. Its a direct sequel to Killzone 2 and the game is very similar. Overall ive played the game a good 50 hours and heres my review

Gameplay

9/10 Pretty solid

If youve played Killzone 2 before playing Killzone 3 the gameplay is very familiar. It has the same cover system, Mostly the same weapons with some added ones (eg Shotgun pisol) and you still play has Sgt:Sevchenko (Sev). Though there are some notable improvements, Sev is less bulky and can move alot quicker, The cool brutal melee kils and you can use the Playstation move. The playstation is fun to play with it but i wouldnt buy the game just for move because is more precise and accurate to play with the controller. Other than those few added tweaks the gameplay is pretty much killzone 2.

Graphics

10/10 Absolutely stunning

To put the graphics into one word, Amazing. This is easily one of the best looking games on PS3 and one of the best looking games ever made. I played it on a 37' 1080p and the game was stunning. The game is colorful modles are great looking. There are some small problems. I saw a few (very little) graphical hiccups and some thing s like large explosions dont look very good, but there not bad. I havent noticed any Framerate drops and the game plays VERY smooth. The level "Six months later" which is focused in a helghast jungle like area is the best looking area in the game. It bhas these really cool looking plants and the jungle is incredibly colorful. Online the graphics are pretty much the same and the graphics still look great.

Story

7/10 OK, nothing really special

Ive seen many people bashing the story but i dont see anything wrong with it, Yes its the same "Behind enemy lines, fight to the death" concept but theres not really anything wrong with that. The game does well telling the story and its (in my opinion) a great improvement from killzone 2's. The game picks up where killzone 2 left off..

So basically this is it. The ISA are in Visari's palace and Rico killed Visari in the last game. Captain narville is organising to get the ISA off of Helghan due to orders. So then the game goes on and they get there but the transport is attacked and Sev is left on Helghan with the rest of the ISA and Rico and many other soldiers are scattered across the planet. So the game then fast forwards six months later and a large part of the ISA are hiding in a Helghast jungle and Sev is sent to repaire an Uplink. Then Narville gets orders from earth to surrender to the Helghast. They surrender and Sev and Narville are transferred to Stahl arms Depot to be executed but Rico find them and Sev is saved but they miss Narville. They go after him and fight there way through the Depot and rescue Nravill and escape. They plan one last strike against the Helghast and destroy the MALWR (a massive robot) and attack the Helghast invasion fleet to earth. A nuke is launched and hits Helghan. From here the story ends.

Theres another story With Adimiral Orlock and Chairman Stahl in which its a fight to gain power and ends with Stahl and Orlock fighting and Orlock dieing.

Multiplayer

9/10 Some of the most addicting multiplayer ive played

This is where Killzone 3 flourishes. I dont play online alot and Killzone 3 is the only multiplayer that i play anymore. There are three modes, Guirealla Warfare which is just plain Team deathmatch which supports up t 16 players, Warzone which features mission objectives like Search and Destroy, Assassination, Body count etc which supports up to 24 players and then theres Operations, Has objectives and the best players are shown in Cutscenes. Operations has three levels Akmir Snowdrift where the ISA are attempting to Hijack a Helghast tanker, Frozen Dam where the ISA are atempting to blow a Helghats Dam and MAWLR graveyard where the ISA are trying to take the MAWLR, You switch sides each map and all the Helghast objectives are just so stop the other side from completeing there objectives. There is a choice of five classes Marksman, Engineer, Field Medic, Tactician, and Infiltrator, all with different abilties like the Engineer can repaire ammo boxes and create bots and the Marksman can put on a cloak which makes them harder to see and can scramble radars. With each level you gain you get unlock points which you use to Gain abilities and weapons for your character.

Verdict

Killzone 3's been my favorite and the series and if you own a PS3 its a game you should really try out.

8.8/10

Default Re: Killzone 3

Good review +rep

Never played KZ3 , but since KZ2 was excellent no doubt the third one is great too
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Must say i agree with you 8.8 is a nice score, tho i wished the story was a bit better, my opinion killzone 2 still is still the best out of the three.

Thanks guys and sorry for the amount of typos.

So I just bought this game, should arrive in my home within a week.

Uncharted 3 was delayed in Brazil ( as well as Battlefield 3, Fifa 12 and Skyrim ) and this is the best choice I can think off in the moment.

However I heard a lot of people complaining that it felt far more generic than KZ2 and that it's too much like a CoD clone. Is that true?

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    So I just bought this game, should arrive in my home within a week.

Uncharted 3 was delayed in Brazil ( as well as Battlefield 3, Fifa 12 and Skyrim ) and this is the best choice I can think off in the moment.

However I heard a lot of people complaining that it felt far more generic than KZ2 and that it's too much like a CoD clone. Is that true?
    I finished Uncharted 3 a few days ago. Awesome game, maybe even better than Uncharted 1 and 2.

I'll do a review of it if people are interested

There is one thing you have overlooked. Co-op.

I ran through this game alongside a friend (I normally do this in any FPS/action game on consoles, expect Mass Effect) and the first thing we noticed was how badly the co-op part was made. It basically feels like the developers forgot all about it and had it rushed in just before release.

Here is my experience with this game as far as 3D and Co-op are concerned:

This game supports 3D and is actually quite good at it. It is not so good as to suggest buying 3D equipment in order to play the game in 3D. BUT if you already own a 3D TV and glasses you should definetely try them with this game. Chances are that you will prefer the 3D experience to the normal graphics. I did.

You will have plenty of wow moments and in general the feeling of depth is satisfactorily enhanced in 3D, but you will also notice that some objects (like fences and arrays of columns) are poorly displayed in 3D. Ghosting is also apparent at few parts in the game, usually some cutscenes; this seems to be a game design flaw, since it has been noticed in various TV models. There is an in-game option to adjust "3D depth", but it is not clear what this option does and how it should be used in order to optimise 3D. Also, note that if you start a game, then you cannot change the 3D/2D display; if you want to change from 3D to 2D or vice versa, then you have to quit and restart.

Given that this 3D is a fairly new technology, I would be lenient and rate this aspect of the game 8/10. 3D is not the reason to buy this game, but if you already own the hardware, you will most likely find yourself playing and preferring this mode.

Co-op mode does not support 3D and this is understandable. The screen is split in two and one player plays as Sev (the main character in Killzone 2 and 3) and the second player as one of Sev's comrades from Killzone 2. If you have a big screen you will find out that Co-op works fine. There are very rare glitches and hickups even though the (already demanding) game has to process the action of two players. If you see co-op as an added bonus to an already brilliant game, then you will be happy that it is there and enjoy it.

If you see co-op as a separate module, I will agree with Spectre that it seems rushed. Maybe I am missing something (I only experimented with co-op around 2 hours with a friend), but there are no special maps/ fights/ scenarios for co-op. You can play the campaign in co-op and that's it. The campaign still runs (plot, cutscens) as if one player is playing.

I would rate the co-op mode with 7/10. It's good to have and it works fine, but it's very limited and uninspired in scope.
    |--------------------------------------------------|
    |Patience is a virtue. Indecision is a vice.|
    |--------------------------------------------------|

Ugh got it, it looks terrible on my TV... gonna mess with contrast/ shine / color settings. A pity, Red Dead Redemption looked perfect on these settings I had

The gameplay is pretty cool. I have a feeling KZ2 will be better though.

Uh... I may be getting crazy... but I feel that sometimes killzone 2's graphics looks better than this...