Thread: Battle of Talinn

Default Battle of Talinn

Battles usually aren't my territory, but with a backlog, I decided to help out. I spent a loooong time makes unit icons; hopefully that excuses me from my poor artwork and the fact that the sizes may be a bit off

_____
    Battle of Talinn

Sweden
    Commanded on the field by His Majesty Stig of France

Army of Finland

1st Brigade
    1st Finnish Musketeers
    1st Finnish Halberdiers
    1st Finnish Pikemen
    Sami Knights

2nd Brigade
    2nd Finnish Musketeers
    2nd Finnish Pikemen
    Finnish Caracole
    2nd Finnish Halberdiers

VS

Poland-Lithuania
    Commanded by His Majesty Sniper I

Northern Army

1st Royal Lithuanian Musketeers
    2nd Royal Lithuanian Musketeers
    5th Royal Polish Landsknecht
    6th Royal Polish Landsknecht
    1st King's Own Winged Hussars
    2nd King's Own Winged Hussars

_____

I put battlefield map/unit icons in two separate .jpg files, attached below. Thanks to my work, the combatants can easily copy/paste units onto the map . If you need the files presented in a different format, let me know. As can be seen, Stig is commanding the Swedes because Garudamon left for a while; the latter passed command to the Crimean Khanate, which has not been responsive either. I doubt Garudamon would be angry at his ally commanding the battle.

Rules:

1) The attacker (Sweden, since their army is trying to reclaim the region) goes first.
    2) Copy/paste units onto the battle map. All units must be at least 50% in the deployment zone. Once complete, get rid of the deployment zone box (select the normal ground color, paint-bucket the deployment box). Then, submit the map to me and I'll send it to the other team. Once deployment is complete, the battle will begin.
    3) See the battle rules, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=467055, for the specifics. Move your troops with cut/paste; they can be moved a certain number of pixels (I will have decided by the time the battle begins). When that is done, mail me back the updated map/list of things you did. I will update list of surviving soldiers and send stuff to the other player, who does the same. This continues until the battle is over.
    4) The results shall be released publicly only after it is over (though perhaps I will change this if I have an angry mob demanding to know the course of the battle...)
    5) No violent screaming about how bad my artwork is (I already know.)

Default Re: Battle of Talinn

My deployment.

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_LTU View Post
    My deployment.
    Thank ye kind sir. You're supposed to PM it to Ney
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Well, Stig sent me his first, so it's not like the intelligence he gained is of any use

Battle round one will begin today.

The battle has begun.

Results won't be released until it is over, partially so that it can be more dramatic, partially because I don't want nations making policy changes because the battle is starting to tip in favor of one side.

Come on, guys; let's make this the second battle completed (though first would be nice as well...).

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Has he routed yet? I sent my first movements several days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

I reminded Sniper on the 4th, he did not make a move.

I was trying to delay this, as I really wanted to avoid another rout due to lack of activity...but at the insistence of Stig, I will stop delaying.

His Majesty Sniper I of Poland is wounded by a marksman's bullet at the beginning of the battle and is evacuated from the field. Leaderless, his army soon follows him.

Swedish victory!

Swedes recapture Talinn. Polish army retreats to #167 (Valmiera).