Thread: Discussion About Future Plans

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Default Discussion About Future Plans

Name:

The new name of the AC Barbarian Invasion MOD is to be:
    Ages of Darkness: Total War (AOD:TW).
    This means that the sub-forum will be renamed in future and perhaps moved to Major Projects (because it is a major project).

Progress: Hello guys, I'm currently thinking of starting work on a new version of my modification and I've got some doubts on what to start with so, I would be really grateful if you would give me some suggestions. Your suggestions are valuable to me, you know.

Questions:

1. What new 4 factions should I add?

2. Write your suggestions for version 1.1 (urgent issues, improvements, etc).

3. Post your sugestions for a remake of buildings (if any).

4. How would you mark the current logo's of factions ? (bad, very bad, good, very good?).

5. Which factions need a logo improvement, which banners you like and you would like to be left untouched?

Some of my ideas:

-My current idea is Gupta Empire, White Huns, Kushan Empire , Romano-Brits. Though, this will remove the Roman Rebels. Should I leave 1 roman rebel faction (so that a faction would be unplayable)? Or should I make the civil war through scripting and other stuff rather then through a faction?? Have you got other new playable faction proposals?? (I would be glad to hear them).

-In 2.0, I'll be remaking the buildings again, the recruitment will once again be reworked. Romans will once again be smooth and the individual settings for each town will no longer trouble you. Still, they will stay difficult because I am going to improve the AI for the hordes through traits .

-I am going to rework the traits as I originally proposed myself for 1.0, the traits and ancillaries remaking will have the main goal to improve the AI and also make the game more interesting.

-AC Barbarian Invasion 2.0 will be released under the name Ages of Darkness : Total War but the version and alternate name will still be allowed and used .

Invitation:

-I invite everybody to enter on our new forums: http://ageofdarkness.mybbland.com. I don't have great plans with it, but a small communitity would be nice there too.

-I invite everybody to use my current signature (the text or the userbar) to support my project, if you like it. Also new banners will be made thanks to AliAS in the future . He will create a gallery here.

Farewell,
    Arbaces
    Last edited by Arbaces; March 28, 2006 at 01:19 PM.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Big update in the main topic. People should wake up to life.
    This MOD is NOT a joke.
    Even though is made just by me, there are lots of people here who like it and I hope many others will come.

just recently came by your mod and downloaded it. I think its a very good mod but need time to play it a bit. Maybe a Scotti faction in Ireland? and Romano Brits for a future mod..Maylea has a building mod out. Some good research was put into it. I dont think it is to hard to add them to a mod. I was able to do it with my personal mod..but I hope to give you more feedback soon.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Default Re: == Discussion About Future Plans ==

Thanks for ideas. It would be great if you could also tell me where can I find the building Mod you are talking about so I would know exactly what are you talking about . I used "search" but couldn't get to it.

Farewell,
    Arbaces.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=41780&page=1 The building mod is a part of the Attila's mod download or can be downloaded seperately as Mylae building mod. Spelled Mylae wrong on the other post...sorry.

Hey man,

I suggest:
    1. Steppe peeps (ex.Mongols)
    2. Western Chinese
    3. Arabs
    4. Ethiopians

That's it.

Hellas1-A greek