Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unificazione Italiana

Jingo Eugene's Avatar Vicarius

Default Unificazione Italiana

Political Map Economic Map

A unificare il Regno
    Per Unificare un popolo

Di unificare L'Italia

Italy is divided, as of the Congress of Vienna, and the fall of Napoleonic France, Italy has been divided into a number of nations, none of which have control over Italy itself, each of these states were created as buffer states against France, which is feared to do exactly what it had done under Napoleon, though at this point, they had may as well be satellite states of Austria. They are almost completely controlled by Vienna, and before Italy is united, will have to remove themselves from the Empire, perhaps with assistance from another European state. (Not necessarily on the map)

Historically, Piedmont-Sardinia was the one who united all of Italy, though in this IH, it could be anyone.

The states have been claimed earlier, will list the claims here in a second.

Two Siciles- Emperor Batman
    Sardinia- Chernov
    Venice- Perry
    Papal States- Gunny
    Tuscany- Lorem
    Modena- HMS England
    Parma- Vacant
    Lucca- Aggy?

Austria- Me!
    France- Me!
    Switzerland- Me!
    Ottoman Empire- Me!

Other European States not on the map- Me!

Last edited by Jingo Eugene; July 29, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

Default Re: Unificazione Italiana

Economic Rules-

Unit prices will be in POINTS. Due to lack of knowledge of Italian currency here.

Dark Green-
    50 Points/turn

Light Green-
    25 Points/turn

Blue-
    15 Points/turn

Dark Grey-
    5 Points/turn

Last edited by Jingo Eugene; July 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
    Jingo Eugene
    "A wise man in times of peace, will prepare for war. Peace is boring, and the wise man has nothing better to do with his time." -Anon

Armies
    Angry Mob- 5,000 men per unit- Free
    Usually armed with guns that they'd use for hunting, or improvising with household or farm tools, these men would have joined an army voluntarily, but will run at the first sight of danger.

Milita- 5,000 men per unit- 5 Points/unit
    Miles ahead of an Angry Mob, still behind foot infantry however. Scant training, a lack of discipline, and lack of adequate equipmen are what characterize these men.

Foot- 4,000 men per unit- 10 Points/unit
    Basic infantry, made to fight in a line and fire volleys on the opposing forces.

Light Foot- 2,000 men per unit- 15 Points/unit
    Sharpshooters, not made for melee combat, but very useful when picking off enemy forces.

Guard Foot- 1,000 men per unit- 20 Points/unit
    Elite of the elite, these men will rarely rout, are able to hold their own against even the strongest of enemies, has all of the advantages of normal foot regiments, but few of their disadvantages. Only vulnerable to enemy Light Foot.

Light Cavalry- 2,000 men per unit- 15 Points/unit
    Made for flanking against enemies, hitting the enemy either on the sides or rear before they can form a box. Usually equipped with a sabre.

Lancer Cavalry- 2,000 men per unit- 20 Point/unit
    Men on horseback with long spears, very effective in a charge and can easily push aside enemy infantry or even cavalry! Their spears make it so that enemy bayonets won't even reach them, though they are vulnerable to gunfire.

Missile Cavalry- 1,500 men per unit- 25 Points/unit
    Made for mobility. They can unleash a volley or two with their carbines on the enemy flanks, rear or front then ride out of range to reload, rinse and repeat.

Cuirassiers(sp)- 1,000 men per unit- 30 Points/unit
    Made for completely crushing the enemy, aiming to destroy the enemy while they are disorganized, these men are as heavily armed as they get.

I know units are expensive in comparison with the economy, but by the time you are fighting battles, the Austrians should not be sending in armies much larger than yours, due to concerns at home.

Last edited by Jingo Eugene; July 29, 2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Jingo Eugene

Independence Rules-

At this point in time, every Italian state is an Austrian buffer state, but all have a dream of breaking free of Austrian rule and establishing a Kingdom of Italy. But breaking free of Austrian rule is the first step to that, there is an “independence scale”, that will go from 100% to 0%. Here is how it will work.

Every nation starts at 25% Independence, and will have to build their independence and try to attain 50% independence in order to begin to declare war on other Italian states and begin diplomacy with non-Italians.

Scale-

0% Independent-
    Annexed by Austria, you lose.

25% Independent-
    Buffer State of Austria, you do not have a foreign policy of your own

50% Independent-
    Halfway there, at this point you are able to begin secret diplomat relations with France and other European states for support.

75% Independent-
    Practically independent, Austria is bound to have attacked or will attack you at this point.

100% Independent-
    You are now, even recognized by Austria, as a sovereign state, they aren't about to attack you in the short term, but may try to claim you once more.

You can gain independence from various actions including beginning revolts, civil disobedience, boycotts, and increasing foreign influence on your own nation.

Independence-Influencing actions

Civil Disobedience- 5 Points-

Simply going against what the Austrian government wants, not necessarily breaking the law. Increases independence by 5% each time.

Revolts- 10 Points-

Actively rioting and attacking Austrian Forces. Much more likely for Austria to send in forces to put it down, but little chance of attacking you unless you frequently do this. Increases independence by 15% each time.

Boycott- 10 Points-

Boycotting taxed goods, like cigars or gambling, on a massive scale. No chance of Austria attacking you unless you frequently do this. Increases independence by 5% each time.

Increasing Foreign Influence will be talked about later.

The Papal State-

Since the Papal State is already independent, they are not affected by the Independence scale. Instead, they are able to assist other factions with becoming independent. They use the exact same "abilities" as normal States use, only they do it to an Italian faction of their choice, at their own expense. However, this may not always be welcomed by the Italians, as some (especially Venice) are under threat by Austria and don't need to PO them. They also have an ability that hopefully will not affect you. Denouncing and excommunication. If the Pope denounces you, you are on the road to excommunication, and because of acting "un-Christian". This will upset much of your Catholic population. However, you may end up being excommunicated, which means that your leader is no longer a member of the Roman Catholic Church. You have two routes that you can take in case of such an event.

1. Road to recovery- Do Christian acts and get on the Pope's good side, and maybe he will reconcile you.

2. Create your own Church- If the first one fails, this is a fallback. If the Pope won't recognize you as a Catholic, maybe you should just accept that and create your own church with the leader of your nation as the head. (Think... the Anglican Church.)
    Last edited by Jingo Eugene; July 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Jingo Eugene

Influence-

Influential Nations-

France
    Great Britain
    Ottoman Empire
    Switzerland
    Russia
    Prussia

As you start to develp independence from Austria, you can eventually start to be more influenced by surrounding nations on the European continent. Some nations are more willing to intervene in your politics, like France, some are less than willing. Like Switzerland or Prussia. Though it can be done. The more you are influenced by a nation, the more friendly you will be with them and the less friendly you will be with other nations that don't have influence over you.

The more influenced you are by another nation, the more soldiers it will send to your cause.

0% Influence- You have nothing to do with them, 0 units per turn
    25% Influence- You have established friendly relations, though far from strong allies, 5 units per turn
    50% Influence- You have made either a Royal Marriage, (All Royal Marriages skip straight to this) or an alliance, 10 units per turn
    75% Influence- You are becoming more or less a vassal of said nation, 10 units per turn
    100% Influence- You've been annexed by another European nation.

Diplomacy and establishing friendly relations will increase influence, you can only be above 50% influence with one nation, and cannot be with Austria.
    Last edited by Jingo Eugene; July 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Jingo Eugene

Faction Sheet

Name of Faction:
    Leader of Faction: (I will PM you your respective leader, do not worry)

Number of Provinces:
    Dark Green:
    Light Green:
    Blue:
    Dark Grey:

Army:

Upkeep: (It's like how Barry does it, 1/2 the price)

Diplomacy:
    Austria:
    France:
    Switzerland:
    Ottoman Empire:
    Other Italian States:

Last edited by Jingo Eugene; July 28, 2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Jingo Eugene

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Papacy dibs

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Venice

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

They're all just going to surrender to each other on Turn 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipster View Post
    They're all just going to surrender to each other on Turn 1.
    Oh I hope not. At least not the bigger ones. (I wouldn't have too many qualms if Parma or Lucca surrendered when attacked by a larger foe)
    Jingo Eugene

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Its a joke Darth...

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

"Italy surrenders" has been my running joke for the past few weeks. I don't mean that will actually happen in your game

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I'll take Parma, I like the cheese anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipster View Post
    "Italy surrenders" has been my running joke for the past few weeks. I don't mean that will actually happen in your game
    Oops. With all the surrendering since Lorem's surrender of Aragon in Withering Flower (I know it was experimental Lorem, but still) there have been a few unwise surrenders. So that may be a possibility.
    Jingo Eugene

All right, all of the rules that I could think of are up. If there is anything missing, just tell me.
    Jingo Eugene

I'll be the dud and take Luca

I'd say that Lucca and Parma both have some potential, though it most certainly won't be through sheer military strength. But diplomacy, I will have to add that the more influence a nation has on you, the most soldiers it will send to support you against enemies.
    Jingo Eugene

So, I have 1 region? 1? All I can say is I better be last on Austria's "get to" list.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Nice.

Just...don't start it until BaB actually gets rolling.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

BaB is kinda rolling... I guess...
    I say let's get the diplomatic threads up there (There will be one to represent all of the influential European factions) and I will put up the faction sheet here in a moment.

So, I have 1 region? 1? All I can say is I better be last on Austria's "get to" list.
    Austria probably won't hurt you much, but remember, you have two! Twice as many as Parma and Lucca!
    Last edited by Jingo Eugene; July 27, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
    Jingo Eugene

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast