Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1353

Thread: Champions League Thread 2011

Default Re: Champions League Thread 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Im actually dont really care allot. Its just that a winning team like this doesnt deserve the champions praise and their way of football from the business to the field deserves more bitshing.

If Nikosia won the CL this way then Id love them for it...
    Real has already bough the title multiple times. Nothing new here. Just that this time the money comes from a Russian oligarch and in Madrid's case first from a fascist dictator then in the 2000's from.. somewhere.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Reading the gripes and bad feelings is fantastic......this thread is pure comedy gold
    I really hope the germans mess up in Euro 2012 (unlikely I know) as we can look forward to another dose of sour grapes

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    d-did you have fun watching Schweinie rehearse for his big drama role on the big screen?

I dont get it. what is so foxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Real has already bough the title multiple times. Nothing new here. Just that this time the money comes from a Russian oligarch and in Madrid's case first from a fascist dictator then in the 2000's from.. somewhere.
    sure, but at least they manage to play football, all while chelsky is fed out of the mouths of ordinary Russian people being robbed by the likes of abramovic, that find together with their dough refuge on that island and in that city scheeming off the planet and hundreds of millions of people. Experts researched this and this capital draining is yearly 10 times more than we yearly send in aid all over the globe

chelsky and their ownership is examplary of much that is wrong in real life. i always hated them

blame me for doing so...and then this ugly anti-football they play...examplary

Quote Originally Posted by General Nuisance esq View Post
    Reading the gripes and bad feelings is fantastic......this thread is pure comedy gold
    I really hope the germans mess up in Euro 2012 (unlikely I know) as we can look forward to another dose of sour grapes
    well its for sure the three kittens dont have the likes of chech and drogba around, so the sour grapes will be the familiar ones...
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 21, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Everything's Dandy View Post
    Falcao sure, think he scored more in the season prior to Villas-Boas' stewardship actually, he's always been a monster a player. Hulk's rise is very much attributed to Villas-Boas though, that team was set-up to get the most out of the two. Varela sat wide and stretched play to the left-hand side, giving Hulk freedom of the right and Falcoa supply of the ball from Varela
    Oddly enough, my PES10 team (Udinese) used to consist of a front 3 of Varela-Hulk-Bendtner which played pretty much in that manner except that Hulk got the Falcao role and Bendtner (!) in the Hulk role .

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

You mean that crappy player you bought with that billion pound budget? Well it seems part of the money went into amazingly moronic hairdues.

No one cares about this chelsky, even if they win the CL, only Drogba and Chech are legends. How can anyone be a fan of that posh football cooperation?

A question that always bothered me, even more than how a team sucking like this can win the CL.
    Seems almost hypocritical for Bayern fans to moan about Chelsea's financial clout when they've been able to bring in players like Klose, Podolski (yes they've now left Bayern), Gomez, Ribery, Robben and Neuer over the past few years.

Chelsea played it clever and used their experience. They were missing some key figures in defence and midfield and were always going to be up against it in Bayern's own backyard. They had a great deal of luck but they came through. If you are going to dish out criticism then would it be fairer to underline how Bayern flopped so badly in front of their own fans?

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Oddly enough, my PES10 team (Udinese) used to consist of a front 3 of Varela-Hulk-Bendtner which played pretty much in that manner except that Hulk got the Falcao role and Bendtner (!) in the Hulk role .
    We have Villas-Boas on the TWC forums?!

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus Pasha View Post
    Seems almost hypocritical for Bayern fans to moan about Chelsea's financial clout when they've been able to bring in players like Klose, Podolski (yes they've now left Bayern), Gomez, Ribery, Robben and Neuer over the past few years.

Chelsea played it clever and used their experience. They were missing some key figures in defence and midfield and were always going to be up against it in Bayern's own backyard. They had a great deal of luck but they came through. If you are going to dish out criticism then would it be fairer to underline how Bayern flopped so badly in front of their own fans?
    lol what neglectance of whats been said, so its seemingly to jump the bandwagon and do the popular thing critisisng the unpopular thing, like bashing a winning team.

Im not against buying players ffs, and if you cant see the difference between the bayern business and chelsky's Im not going to help you. I could, because the facts are staggering, but on the surface its staggering enough already.

and yeah, I said "bayern failed" ffs

now try and read
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

lol so you can but I cant. I have to be a an hounorable looser and all that nonsense.

cheslky can shove that trophy...

Also the Bayern game was "one dimensional" alright, In that it was allowed to calmly walk up to a 10 player chelsky wall of players in front of Chech and try to take a shot. I watched a Russian stream, and all I heard all night, and all the Russian I needed to know, was "Rickochetskaya Bavaria".

If one dimensional football was the cause, then why did chelsky win?

Thats right, because Bayern and Barca failed against one dimensionality, in their efforts to find a gap in that wood of players, looking one dimensional themselves in the process.

'Try' being the key word. I hate Chelsea and the fact they have just won the Champions League as much as the next person, but lets not be blinded here. Bayern had tonnes of great opportunities and they let them slip each and every time. It was like Liverpool's story all season. If a team can't put the ball in the net then they don't deserve to win. I have accepted that fact for Liverpool, you need to accept that fact for Bayern.

You win games by scoring goals. Bayern did not do that. Chelsea had much fewer opportunities and yet they were ultimately more clinical in front of goal. As such they have the trophy and Bayern don't. Deal with it.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

trying to argue with somebody who is just buttmad? don't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nuisance esq View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    'Try' being the key word. I hate Chelsea and the fact they have just won the Champions League as much as the next person, but lets not be blinded here. Bayern had tonnes of great opportunities and they let them slip each and every time. It was like Liverpool's story all season. If a team can't put the ball in the net then they don't deserve to win. I have accepted that fact for Liverpool, you need to accept that fact for Bayern.

You win games by scoring goals. Bayern did not do that. Chelsea had much fewer opportunities and yet they were ultimately more clinical in front of goal. As such they have the trophy and Bayern don't. Deal with it.
    What depressed me most (well not quite most) about Chelsea's cup run was watching Barca and Bayern turn into Liverpool. Including the missing penalties thing.

With wingers as talented but brainless as Ribery and Robben on such obvious bad form, Bayern were never going to actually score. And they were going to lose from the second they took Mueller off for van Buyten (I think)

Congratulations to Drogba, who despite being as much of a cheat as the next footballer I respect and admire for his charity work and insane dedication to making an impact in big matches.

And please let next season be at least an iota better than this one.
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

Quote Originally Posted by Schrödinger View Post

And please let next season be at least an iota better than this one.
    next season: Man Utd and Man City will get a bit further but will eventually get steamrolled in one-sided match by Barca or somebody else. there won't be any crazy legs like Napoli v Chelsea, Barca v Chelsea, or Chelsea almost losing it to Benfica to have an ex-Porto player secure the winning goal, and there won't be a final next season as crazy as Bayern v Chelsea. but since Chelsea won't win it, it will still probably be an iota better, right?

my god this season even had Christine, Sergio Ramos, Messi and Robben making fool of themselves in shoot outs or regular penalties. you can't get any better than that. i could almost see Terry laughing from the sidelines.
    Last edited by snuggans; May 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

lol what neglectance of whats been said, so its seemingly to jump the bandwagon and do the popular thing critisisng the unpopular thing, like bashing a winning team.

Im not against buying players ffs, and if you cant see the difference between the bayern business and chelsky's Im not going to help you. I could, because the facts are staggering, but on the surface its staggering enough already.

and yeah, I said "bayern failed" ffs

now try and read
    For starters cut the attitude...

I haven't been here for the weekend so I wasn't going trawl through the past half a dozen pages. Fair enough if you've said 'Bayern have failed' but you've spent more time railing against Chelsea.

And I wasn't comparing Chelsea's and Bayern's spending, just saying that Bayern are Germany's biggest club and they have used their financial clout to bring in some big players over the past few seasons in order to help them win trophies. There might be a difference in spending or in the way they do busniness but not in aims. Both clubs go into the transfer market in order to compete domestically and in Europe. In actual fact I feel Chelsea have slowed it down over the past few seasons and have had one eye on the future when signing players like Ramires, Luiz and Mata, in addition to lads like Lukaku, De Bruyne and now Marin.
    Last edited by Erebus Pasha; May 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

next season: Man Utd and Man City will get a bit further but will eventually get steamrolled in one-sided match by Barca or somebody else. there won't be any crazy legs like Napoli v Chelsea, Barca v Chelsea, or Chelsea almost losing it to Benfica to have an ex-Porto player secure the winning goal, and there won't be a final as crazy as Bayern v Chelsea. but since Chelsea won't win it, it will still probably be an iota better, right?

my god this season even had Christine, Sergio Ramos, Messi and Robben making fool of themselves in shoot outs or regular penalties. you can't get any better than that. i could almost see Terry laughing from the sidelines.
    Next season can be an iota better if Liverpool do an iota better. The misery of our abject performances this year was only compounded by every other team I backed to do well (except City over United) failing. Should teach me not to take sides and try and be neutral for once.

I'd also like to say that Terry making a fool of himself by actually falling over taking the biggest penalty of his career was better than that, but I was rooting for Chelsea in that one. Did enjoy Lampard and co ensuring he was barely able to be seen when they lifted the trophy, especially Bosingwa's antics.
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

Didn't Terry go through about three kit changes during the final - I'm sure he started off in a suit and tie, changed to a orange number(training kit) and ended up in Chelsea's home kit?

Comes Limitis

For starters cut the attitude...

I haven't been here for the weekend so I wasn't going trawl through the past half a dozen pages. Fair enough if you've said 'Bayern have failed' but you've spent more time railing against Chelsea.

And I wasn't comparing Chelsea's and Bayern's spending, just saying that Bayern are Germany's biggest club and they have used their financial clout to bring in some big players over the past few seasons in order to help them win trophies. There might be a difference in spending or in the way they do busniness but not in aims. Both clubs go into the transfer market in order to compete domestically and in Europe. In actual fact I feel Chelsea have slowed it down over the past few seasons and have had one eye on the future when signing players like Ramires, Luiz and Mata, in addition to lads like Lukaku, De Bruyne and now Marin.
    There almost was as much money involved in the Torres transfer as there was in all the Bayern players you mentioned combined, but thats just one aspect. What really makes me loath Chelsea or Man City is where the money is from and then putting that squandering in perspective...

And then you mention the new transfers which gets me to the next issue I have with chelsky and many PL clubs, in that they use those billions to drain the continent from their most promising youth players, who could star in the 1st teams at home and build up a career, but who are more often than not just warming the bench as the 7th striker or things of that sort and where many never make it ruining their career for that first years fast money.

Then I never regarded terry as a great player, never really seen Ramirez apart from his goal against Barca, but I do know Badstuber and Gustavo are reall assets to Bayern. A team that spends all that money on 40 player deep rosters should not complain about missing a guy or two,
    Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post

well yeah, again, i said that, ffs

and ffs I still love liverpool
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

There almost was as much money involved in the Torres transfer as there was in all the Bayern players you mentioned combined, but thats just one aspect. What really makes me loath Chelsea or Man City is where the money is from and then putting that squandering in perspective...
    It's a fair point but then again Roman hasn't been a fly by night owner. There are some owners who have blatantly messed up teams they have been involved with.

And then you mention the new transfers which gets me to the next issue I have with chelsky and many PL clubs, in that they use those billions to drain the continent from their most promising youth players, who could star in the 1st teams at home and build up a career, but who are more often than not just warming the bench as the 7th striker or things of that sort and where many never make it ruining their career for that first years fast money.
    You make a good point in this respect and I feel that some of the big clubs have a habit of snapping up promising youth players, not as worthwhile future investments, but so other clubs can't buy them. I see young players that should be getting regular football, but instead are playing in the reserves or sitting on the bench. At my club we had a gifted young striker called Patrick Bamford who was on the verge of breaking into the first team but turned down a contract to go to Chelsea. Fair enough the Blues paid a million pounds for the lad but it might've benefited him getting some time in the lower leagues.

On the other hand players like Ramires, Mata, Luiz and Cahill have featured regularly in Chelsea's first team and have all performed well at times. Lukaku seems to have been forgotten which is unfortunate, and De Bruyne is contracted to Chelsea but has been loaned back to Genk IIRC. I do think however they've let some good young English talent go.

Then I never regarded terry as a great player, never really seen Ramirez apart from his goal against Barca, but I do know Badstuber and Gustavo are reall assets to Bayern. A team that spends all that money on 40 player deep rosters should not complain about missing a guy or two
    Ivanovic has been a consistent performer at right-back, Ramires has been a vital part of Chelsea's midfield and Terry is the club captain. All are key performers although Terry isn't the player he used to be.
    Last edited by Erebus Pasha; May 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

fair points here.
    However i really didn't like the way Chelsea played at all.
    I really admire their accomplishment but the football played was among the worst played in CL.
    But again this is football, you can win by tactic and not gameplay.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Here we go again...
    Should maybe get off that high horse of his sometime.
    Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; May 22, 2012 at 08:47 AM.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

It is, of course, facutally wrong. Bayern haters all around Germany celebrated by trolling Bayern fans at work, at school or wherever they showed up.
    That's the downside of wearing "Mia san Mia" (translated "we are us" in Bavarian dialect, meaning Bayern sees themselves as an omnipotent entity that plays football in it's own league of awesome) and "we are proud everyone hates us, because they envy us" like an armor.
    This arrogance works like a charm, as long as you win. Loose three titles in one season and it comes to bite you in the lower backside.
    Last edited by grinder; May 22, 2012 at 09:49 AM.