Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12375253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1353

Thread: Champions League Thread 2011

Default Re: Champions League Thread 2011

Apparently, the world leaders had a good time watching the final, too (except Merkel).

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    It was nice to see a Champions League final contested between two evenly matched teams. The two Barcelona - United finals were very poor spectacles as Barcelona were by far the better side on both nights, dominating the game really.

Last night, both teams had spells of controlling the game and it was a much better game for the neutrals.
    the only "even" thing about this game was the score after 120 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    the only "even" thing about this game was the score after 120 minutes.
    at least the Chelsea forwards know where the goal is! even crappy Kalou hit on target. ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

It was a great match...Loved both teams

but as I have some chelsea fans as friends, I am starting to hate their usual behaviour
    I just want to smack one of them really bad
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

Chelsea parading the trophy through empty streets....
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Awful header from Muller, Bayern didn't deserve to win just because of that.

I had really expected Luiz to launch another ball into orbid to look for Ramos' ball but he failed.
    Glad Chelsea won though, Drogba is a hero.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    both barca and real are bankrupt
    They're not. By far not. http://swissramble.blogspot.de/2012/...-and-real.html

Comes Limitis

at least the Chelsea forwards know where the goal is! even crappy Kalou hit on target. ohhhhhhhhhhhh.
    You mean that crappy player you bought with that billion pound budget? Well it seems part of the money went into amazingly moronic hairdues.

No one cares about this chelsky, even if they win the CL, only Drogba and Chech are legends. How can anyone be a fan of that posh football cooperation?

A question that always bothered me, even more than how a team sucking like this can win the CL.
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 20, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It was too good to be true. Bayern having one hell of an opportunity to win at homepitch.
    The one who bids for much, often loses the whole deal.

Football is all about finding a way to win. One of the most charming things about sport is that the best the team does not always get to rejoice after the final whistle.
    Chelsea, a team whom consists of players well behind their best years, still did it.
    Congratulations.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

And Di Matteo in 2 months succeeded where Special Ones, overrated Special Twos and a variety of other overpaid managers failed, with an unlikely comeback against Napoli, the elimination of the best team of all times, and the final victory in Bayern's home.

Legendary.

Comes Limitis

Chelsky did not succeed, Bayern and Barca failed...

Better luck next time? Chelsea definitely had a huge amount of it.

Chelsky did not succeed, Bayern and Barca failed...
    Oh, stop being so bitter Thorn. If you won you won, if you lost you lost. Bayern failed because they played way too one-dimensional football and Chelsea had a boat-load of luck. Simple as!

Everything that has happened since they won it has just reaffirmed my belief that Chelsea will never have a real soul. Thank God.
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    And Di Matteo in 2 months succeeded where Special Ones, overrated Special Twos and a variety of other overpaid managers failed, with an unlikely comeback against Napoli, the elimination of the best team of all times, and the final victory in Bayern's home.

Legendary.
    Still don't think you should give him the job full-time now. Whichever way you look at it he's had a huge slice of luck given to him over the course of his Chelsea career.

Villas-Boas isn't really overrated either, Di Matteo's league form for instance has actually been worse, and his Porto team was a thing of beauty. Judging him solely on his spell at Chelsea is akin to judging Rafa solely on Inter or your very own Di Matteo's West Brom spell.

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Oh, stop being so bitter Thorn. If you won you won, if you lost you lost. Bayern failed because they played way too one-dimensional football and Chelsea had a boat-load of luck. Simple as!

Everything that has happened since they won it has just reaffirmed my belief that Chelsea will never have a real soul. Thank God.
    lol so you can but I cant. I have to be a an hounorable looser and all that nonsense.

cheslky can shove that trophy...

Also the Bayern game was "one dimensional" alright, In that it was allowed to calmly walk up to a 10 player chelsky wall of players in front of Chech and try to take a shot. I watched a Russian stream, and all I heard all night, and all the Russian I needed to know, was "Rickochetskaya Bavaria".

If one dimensional football was the cause, then why did chelsky win?

Thats right, because Bayern and Barca failed against one dimensionality, in their efforts to find a gap in that wood of players, looking one dimensional themselves in the process.
    Last edited by Thorn777; May 20, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

lol so you can but I cant. I have to be a an hounorable looser and all that nonsense.

cheslky can shove that trophy...

Also the Bayern game was "one dimensional" alright, In that it was allowed to calmly walk up to a 10 player chelsky wall of players in front of Chech and try to take a shot. I watched a Russian stream, and all I heard all night, and all the Russian I needed to know, was "Rickochetskaya Bavaria".

If one dimensional football was the cause, then why did chelsky win?

Thats right, because Bayern and Barca failed against one dimensionality, in their efforts to find a gap in that wood of players, looking one dimensional themselves in the process.
    I definetly know where you're coming from, but sometimes the best way of getting over it is a slap in the face. I am a horrible loser

Bill Shankly

Comes Limitis

Im actually dont really care allot. Its just that a winning team like this doesnt deserve the champions praise and their way of football from the business to the field deserves more bitshing.

If Nikosia won the CL this way then Id love them for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Everything's Dandy View Post
    Still don't think you should give him the job full-time now. Whichever way you look at it he's had a huge slice of luck given to him over the course of his Chelsea career.
    Oh I agree. But he still pulled off a masterpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything's Dandy View Post
    Villas-Boas isn't really overrated either, Di Matteo's league form for instance has actually been worse, and his Porto team was a thing of beauty. Judging him solely on his spell at Chelsea is akin to judging Rafa solely on Inter or your very own Di Matteo's West Brom spell.
    Villas Boas at Porto had the luck to work with absolute monsters like Hulk and Falcao and they proved to be awesome even without him.
    At Chelsea he had what he wanted and failed big time. His run was an absolute disaster. Typical case of how media can influence the public opinion and make you buy worthless stones as diamonds. He's probably not a bad manager, but atm not among the top 50 in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Villas Boas at Porto had the luck to work with absolute monsters like Hulk and Falcao and they proved to be awesome even without him.
    Falcao sure, think he scored more in the season prior to Villas-Boas' stewardship actually, he's always been a monster a player. Hulk's rise is very much attributed to Villas-Boas though, that team was set-up to get the most out of the two. Varela sat wide and stretched play to the left-hand side, giving Hulk freedom of the right and Falcoa supply of the ball from Varela

Porto swept all away in his season there, League, Europa and Cup and they've not been as good since he left, especially in the other competitions.

At Chelsea he had what he wanted and failed big time.
    Did he? You'll know more on this than I, but I've been under the impression that he was tasked with changing that Chelsea team around and rejuvenating it. He was 3-or-so points off third (or fourth?) when he was sacked and had gone against media and popular opinion by benching Lampard and trying the likes of Romeu in his place. Up to that incident at QPR Chelsea were looking even better, it was only after that when things started to get a bit worse in the league too.

Even his European record wasn't that bad, being as though you were topping the group at that point.

You mean that crappy player you bought with that billion pound budget? Well it seems part of the money went into amazingly moronic hairdues.

No one cares about this chelsky, even if they win the CL, only Drogba and Chech are legends. How can anyone be a fan of that posh football cooperation?

A question that always bothered me, even more than how a team sucking like this can win the CL.
    d-did you have fun watching Schweinie rehearse for his big drama role on the big screen?