Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8334849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1353

Thread: Champions League Thread 2011

Juli26's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Champions League Thread 2011

Im neutral towards this one. I will simply enjoy what will probably be a good final drinking beer and eating "Bake Rolls" and chips
    Foreign Languages

Quote Originally Posted by =Bright= View Post
    or they play attack, attack, attack.
    i don't think that's going to happen. AVB is not there anymore. Ribery, Robben and Gomez are probably going to make them park the bus several times.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Ribery and Robben must be covered by atleast 2 men each. If they're neutralized, Gomez is too.

Ribery and Robben must be covered by atleast 2 men each. If they're neutralized, Gomez is too.
    No he isn't. Kroos, Muller and Super Schweini are all capable of setting the German free. You're seriously underestimating Bayern's, and Gomez's, capabilites. Robben's been the key man this year but that doesn't mean he's been the be-all and end-all (unless you're playing Basle away).

I expect it to be a wide game. Ivanavic will move inside for this I expect, with Luiz/Cahill and Boswinga on the right. Ribery/Robben will have a field day on the flanks and Gomez's movement should send their centrebacks crazy. Especially if Kroos in onsong and Schweinsteiger is actually fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything's Dandy View Post
    No he isn't. Kroos, Muller and Super Schweini are all capable of setting the German free. You're seriously underestimating Bayern's, and Gomez's, capabilites. Robben's been the key man this year but that doesn't mean he's been the be-all and end-all (unless you're playing Basle away).
    Okay then where was Gomez in all matches he played against Dortmund? Robben and Ribery were almost perfectly covered. Kroos will have to play as a more defensive #6, he can't keep rushing forward like he does when he plays in the #10 position. Müller and Schweinsteiger lack form at the moment.

-- delete this lol

Okay then where was Gomez in all matches he played against Dortmund? Robben and Ribery were almost perfectly covered. Kroos will have to play as a more defensive #6, he can't keep rushing forward like he does when he plays in the #10 position. Müller and Schweinsteiger lack form at the moment.
    Dortmund did well all over the pitch though, they doubled up on the flanks and pressed the midfield. Gomez hardly got a sniff but that isn't just because they nullified the flanks. Schweinsteiger isn't fully fit yet, and Muller doesn't even start at the moment, I don't think?

Still, don't think Chelsea will be able to do to Bayern what Dortmund did. They'll be lacking energy down the flanks, well the one, with Ramires out and lacking a good RB too. Lampard won't be able to press as well in midfield either.

Can only see a Bayern win if Chelsea actually try to leave their own half.

Quote Originally Posted by Juli26 View Post
    Im neutral towards this one. I will simply enjoy what will probably be a good final drinking beer and eating "Bake Rolls" and chips
    Me too, I dont know what team to support...

Quote Originally Posted by Everything's Dandy View Post
    I expect it to be a wide game. Ivanavic will move inside for this I expect, with Luiz/Cahill and Boswinga on the right.
    ivanovic is suspended for this game...

Aaaaw yeah this match is going to be awesome. We're celebrating one of my mates' birthday with a crapload of beer.

Click here for the future Eurovision Songfestival winner
    The same brilliant person also made the BEST CHRISTMAS SONG EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus26 View Post
    I still love you Dutchies Tukker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahoma View Post
    Don't talk to my sister Paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    But Nazis like ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    ivanovic is suspended for this game...
    Haha, think I mentioned that in another post as well. Cahill & Luiz in the centre then. Mikel, Essien and Lampard in midfield.

Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Ribery and Gomez should have fun.

i woke up today from a dream where Chelsea had won.

omen?

i will sacrifice a lamb just in case.

i woke up today from a dream where Chelsea had won.

omen?

i will sacrifice a lamb just in case.
    That would be nice since it would keep the Spuds out of the CL!
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Comes Limitis

Bayern will pwn!!! I predict Gomez, Kroos, and Boateng will rise to become big European stars of football while Cheslky is busy holding off Robbery.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

apparently Bertrand will start in midfield in front of Cole.

this is either the work of a genius or the beginning of something horrid.

we also have a 17 and 18 year old on the bench in case something happens with Cahill and Luiz. oh boy, hahahaha, i can't watch

Chabalaba, or whatever his name is? Great player for his agegroup to be fair. ;D

Todd Kane and Nathaniel Chalobah. they might be great for their age but to think of even putting them in a CL final is.. .. well, kind of makes me realize how potentially screwed we could be. i'm not very good at being carefree it seems.

Aye, would be a game 'n' a half to make your professional debut though! Cahill/Luiz have only had a few days training too haven't they? Risky, not much Di Matteo can do though I guess.

That Chelsea midfield is horrible too.

Predictions?

1-1 after normal time, Bayern win 2-1 after extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

3-1 after 90. To Bayern.