Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League Thread 2011

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Champions League Thread 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    I did, both penalties were penalties. You're just applying the traditional hooliganist 'if it against me it's a wrong call' attitude everywhere. Milan may be used to getting away with anything against Novara or Cesena and teams from serie B and C in the Cup but you can't just grab around at everybody. It might be a bit harsh but the rulebook says it was a penalty.
    The second penalty happens in every corner. instead of giving away a penalty, you stop play, and let them retake the corner. Giving a penalty, especially after you have already given one (the first was justified), is just pure dutch retardness. Football is a contact sport, and if you cant go into duel without falling down, barca should go for chess. Its not like Pique and puyol stop attackers by pure mind power....

And if the rulebook is so close to you, have a look at chelsea-barca 2009.
    Last edited by eXistenZ; April 21, 2012 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Chelsea played well and never gave them any room in the middle. My guess is that we will see a game exactly like this on Camp Nou too.
    I doubt Chelsea will be able to win at Camp Nou 1-0.

Barca is a bit different at home and Guardiola will have to try changing things tactically. I think they could just switch their tactics a bit and get results against a negative Chelsea strategy. Barca doesn't have to play a cross and target style of wide wing play to counter Chelsea clogging the middle. They could just play more natural wide men like Pedro players that could still break down the defense from the flanks but not necessarily need to rely on classic crosses to target goals (Iniesta out wide might not have been the smartest tactical decision).
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Juli26's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    The second penalty happens in every corner. instead of giving away a penalty, you stop play, and let them retake the corner. Giving a penalty, especially after you have already given one (the first was justified), is just pure dutch retardness. Football is a contact sport, and if you cant go into duel without falling down, barca should go for chess. Its not like Pique and puyol stop attackers by pure mind power....
    I agree with that. Situations like that happen in almost every game and 99% of the time it's just the corner that it's repeated

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    I doubt Chelsea will be able to win at Camp Nou 1-0.

Barca is a bit different at home and Guardiola will have to try changing things tactically. I think they could just switch their tactics a bit and get results against a negative Chelsea strategy. Barca doesn't have to play a cross and target style of wide wing play to counter Chelsea clogging the middle. They could just play more natural wide men like Pedro players that could still break down the defense from the flanks but not necessarily need to rely on classic crosses to target goals (Iniesta out wide might not have been the smartest tactical decision).
    The thing is that Chelsea need only a draw, or an away goal while losing by 1 goal and they still would pass the round. I expect Barca to win but Chelsea's chances of qualification now are really good.
    Foreign Languages

How was the ref today in Barca vs Real?

Juli26's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    The 1st goal of Real was doubtful at the beginning (offside) but the replays showed it was valid.

I think he did a good job overall but that may be because the Real players were not as reckless as always (even Pepe was mostly calm )
    Foreign Languages

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

seriously i hate this time difference; so who saw the bayern-real game? i know the score was close so i am curious as to what those who saw the game predict for the 2nd leg. other predicitons welcome too.

on the other game: i honestly wouldv tipped barca to have beaten chelsea but the 2nd leg being in barcelona, id still not change my prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Good, kinda like Howard Webb in Bayern-Real on tuesday. Only once did the players (both teams) swarm the referee, none of the goals were doubtful, no penalty claims, no reckless tackles and not much diving.

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

hmmm, I think today's match will be interesting and Barca will win 2-0
    Înfrânt nu eşti atunci când sângeri,
    nici ochii când în lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele înfrângeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

let's hope not.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Such a red card.

johnhughthom's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Such a red card.
    I take it you mean Terry is such a ? Should be able to fine players a years wages for such idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Such a red card.
    yes that was my thoughts as well. what happened? am i missing something? either way, victory for barca
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Terry kneed Sanchez in the back.

Oh my ****ing God!!!!! 2-1.

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

lol what a goal
    I'm starting to think that Valdez doesn't deserve to play for Barca
    Înfrânt nu eşti atunci când sângeri,
    nici ochii când în lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele înfrângeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    I take it you mean Terry is such a ? Should be able to fine players a years wages for such idiocy.
    Players like Terry don't just do stuff like that, Sanchez is a bastard so he's probably done something the refs have "missed".

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Players like Terry don't just do stuff like that, Sanchez is a bastard so he's probably done something the refs have "missed".
    Yeah, such a gentleman our JT...

Jesus, what a match.
    'Ahh yes an authentic rastaclot weapon, as used by the rastaclot nobles in the court of King Bumbaclot '

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

2-1!!!!! i can't watch.

please no more barca finals, please no more barca finals.

Basarabia is Romanian!

not sure who to be angry at.

Terry for kneeing somebody like a child (who didn't even have the ball) or the ref for giving a straight red.
    right now both of them can go off.

after the expulsion, i started watching the match as if on autopilot, i don't feel anything. the Ramires goal woke me up but holy Terry what the hell. never been more disappointed.

in other news: ramires is starting to become a freaking legend
    Last edited by snuggans; April 24, 2012 at 02:39 PM.

Juli26's Avatar Vicarius

you John Terry!
    Ramires you are a legend <3

GO Chelsea GO! Beat the dirty ers!
    Foreign Languages