Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1353

Thread: Champions League Thread 2011

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Champions League Thread 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    So were Barca.
    but bayern have more than one play-style and don't lack the capacity to adapt to their opponent's strategy.
    Last edited by florin87; April 27, 2012 at 02:26 AM.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Actually... The main source of criticism Bayern gets for several years now, is that they only work as long as Robben/Ribéry work. Double them on the flanks and the whole offense tends to get stalled to a hold.
    This is how Dortmund beat them 4 times in a row now and Gladbach (4th) twice this year. Weaker teams managed it as well at times.
    At least they will try to shoot from the distance (and not like three times from the 80th minute up) and have some capable people to do so. Mainly Kroos.

Juli26's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel The Tukker View Post
    I remember Demichelis and Van Buyten in 2009's final. That was awful.
    Militooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post

He stayed very calm and seemed not to care a lot though.
    Well, we can't blame him because at the end it wasn't his fault that players like Cristina, Kaka and Ramos lose their penalties. He has turned them from a mediocre team that got beaten year after year by Lyon to La Liga winners while a team like Barca who can thrash its opponents match after match is still around.
    And we also must admit that this Bayern side is the best they have had in recent years + Bayern had a rested team while RMad had to play Barcelona 3 days before the match.

Quote Originally Posted by florin87 View Post
    but bayern have more than one play-style and don't lack the capacity to adapt to their opponent's strategy.
    True that. Heyckness has done a very good job.

Quote Originally Posted by grinder View Post
    Actually... The main source of criticism Bayern gets for several years now, is that they only work as long as Robben/Ribéry work. Double them on the flanks and the whole offense tends to get stalled to a hold.
    This is how Dortmund beat them 4 times in a row now and Gladbach (4th) twice this year. Weaker teams managed it as well at times.
    At least they will try to shoot from the distance (and not like three times from the 80th minute up) and have some capable people to do so. Mainly Kroos.
    That is why they got Xherdan Shaqiri for next season. They can now employ Muller/Kroos and Shaqiri on the flanks with a different strategy when the Ribery Robben combination doesn't work properly.
    Foreign Languages

I just wanted to point out, that Bayern has a certain one-dimensionality with the current cadre, which could be exploited by Chelsea.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

idk but i wouldv loved to have been neuer after that game. to be the guy in goal when those two screw up a penalty. thats just has to make u feel legendary

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by pchalk View Post
    idk but i wouldv loved to have been neuer after that game. to be the guy in goal when those two screw up a penalty. thats just has to make u feel legendary
    As far as I could see, Neuer already felt legendary in goal. I've never seen a goalkeeper so pumped up for a shootout. When he started shouting and reached up and slapped the crossbar, my knees started to buckle, I can only imagine how the Madrid players felt

Cahill and Luiz should be fit for the final

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Can't wait for Sunday! Chelski are so-so, Bayern were looking solid and then got trounced in the Cup final.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dč a tha Montrose Mór ag rŕdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

saturday

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

*cofcofcof* of course! I'm just testing you.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dč a tha Montrose Mór ag rŕdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

I have a horrible feeling that Chelski will actually win it.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

I think it is a 50 - 50 chance. Bayners slight advantage of playing at home (slight, because I don't think Chelsea will be shocked and awed by the atmosphere in the Allianz Arena) was likely neutralized, by Chelsea winning the English Cup finals, while Bayern got a major (2 - 5) thrashing from Dortmund in the German ones.
    Will be interesting to see, if they can get that out of their minds and just play "their game".

dont worry, the chelsea players will forget to show. theyll still be in the hofbrauhaus

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

any view yet on the line ups? chelsea misses terry and ivanovic at the back, and mereilles and ramires on the midfield. bayern misses badstuber and alaba, and L gustavo. So that doesnt look to good for chelsea at the back. then again bayern didnt look too well against dortmund either

might make for a high scoring game from both sides

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    any view yet on the line ups? chelsea misses terry and ivanovic at the back, and mereilles and ramires on the midfield. bayern misses badstuber and alaba, and L gustavo. So that doesnt look to good for chelsea at the back. then again bayern didnt look too well against dortmund either
    Chelsea could have Cahill and Luiz fit for the final but they lack match practice and Luiz isn't exactly famous for his discipline.

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Still a better option than reserve centre-backs if you ask me.

Chelski can either use the same tactics as against Barcelona (which could lead to Schweinsteiger again do some frustration fouls) or they play attack, attack, attack.
    In any case, I want them to win over those red basterds.

hey i may be wearing red right now but im no bastard

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

aren't you a Frankfurt fan?

frankfurt is my favorite yes. but bayern is the reason i started watching bundesliga so they are a very close 2nd. either way im wearing red i guess